It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate change is turning Antarctica green, say researchers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Scientists around the world also agree that the entire Solar System is warming up. Many also agree that Solar activity is warming up this planet. Who would have thought?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Scientists around the world also agree that the entire Solar System is warming up. Many also agree that Solar activity is warming up this planet. Who would have thought?

Like I've said over and over in SOOO many threads on the subject. Man made climate change and natural climate change work in tandem. You aren't remarking on anything incredible or earth shattering for me here. Just showing an unwillingness to understand my point.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: HeliocentricFantasy

You looked at data then assumed a connection between that data and human actions, while at the same time you showed that conditions change regardless of humans.

No YOU brought that point up and I agreed but said that man made climate change and natural climate change both effect the climate.

+5 more 
posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

It should be noted that the current CO2 level in the atmosphere hasn't been seen on this planet since the Pliocene era some 3 million years ago, before humans existed.

So this HAS happened before. WITHOUT humans involved.

Now that humans can make $$$ of of this, it MUST be us evil humans causing it, and your $$$ can fix it.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

No, you said this,

It should be noted that the current CO2 level in the atmosphere hasn't been seen on this planet since the Pliocene era some 3 million years ago, before humans existed. People need to wake up. We are DEFINITELY breaking the planet's natural cycles and the results are starting to show.

You took the data that says that CO2 levels haven't been this high since the Pliocene and then somehow conclude that it is due to human actions, which is nothing but an assumption, especially since levels obviously were this high once before, without human actions.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

That is the weakest argument ever. Just because it happened in the past a certain way doesn't mean it is happening now for the same reasons. Do you guys even think about your arguments before you make them? If I get cut on my knee as a child from falling off of my bicycle does that mean that every time my knee is lacerated afterwards its from falling off of a bicycle?
edit on 19-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Okay, I agree that we're probably making it worse but we're a hell of a lot better than we were thirty years ago.

link   
a reply to: HeliocentricFantasy

No. It isn't an assumption. It's a conclusion that is backed up by years and years of research and data. You can TELL me it is an assumption all day, but that really just says that you aren't interested in looking beyond your own head for answers.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I'm sure that the data is accurate. However, the conclusion that it is manmade is still conjecture.

According to who? Scientists around the world agree that man made climate change is real. This is just another symptom of it.

Al Gore also said water levels would rise, and coastal cities would be under water. I don't see the beach from my house yet... what happened there? Maybe we should pay Al Gore billions of dollars to protect us from the boogey man known as climate change... or global warming... or weather patterns.. or falling skies... or pink unicorns..

link   

That is the weakest argument ever. Just because it happened in the past a certain way doesn't mean it is happening now for the same reasons.

Just because CO2 levels are rising doesn't mean it is caused by humans, by the same type of logic.

The difference is that we know it happened before, without humans. That is the precedent.
edit on 19-5-2017 by HeliocentricFantasy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Okay, I agree that we're probably making it worse but we're a hell of a lot better than we were thirty years ago.

Define "better". Are you referring to the closure of the hole in the ozone layer? That IS good, but environmental decay is accelerating anyways. This news came out recently too:
A Second Major Coral Reef System Is Hit by Large-Scale Bleaching

The extensive coral reefs of the Chagos Archipelago, a collection of more than 60 small islands in the Indian Ocean, have been badly damaged by coral bleaching events over the past two years that have killed roughly 90 percent of the corals to a depth of 90 feet, according to a new survey.

The widespread reef bleaching in the Chagos Archipelago, which contains the Diego Garcia military base used by U.S. and the U.K., comes on the heels of reports that coral bleaching driven by rising ocean temperatures has caused severe damage to roughly two-thirds of Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.

link   

Admiral Bird reported green land in Antarctica around a century ago.

I'm not denying climate change, just saying...

Didn't he also report seeing a "portal to the underworld"?

Just saying - the guy was a few fries short of a Happy Meal if you get my drift.

link   

originally posted by: eXia7

I'm sure that the data is accurate. However, the conclusion that it is manmade is still conjecture.

According to who? Scientists around the world agree that man made climate change is real. This is just another symptom of it.

Al Gore also said water levels would rise, and coastal cities would be under water. I don't see the beach from my house yet... what happened there? Maybe we should pay Al Gore billions of dollars to protect us from the boogey man known as climate change... or global warming... or weather patterns.. or falling skies... or pink unicorns..

I said nothing of Al Gore. I said scientists. Please stop distracting.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: HeliocentricFantasy

That is the weakest argument ever. Just because it happened in the past a certain way doesn't mean it is happening now for the same reasons.

Just because CO2 levels are rising doesn't mean it is caused by humans, by the same type of logic.

The difference is that we know it happened before, without humans. That is the precedent.

True, that's why scientists have all that data and research to back that claim up. Stuff that you are willfully ignoring so you can pretend to feign skepticism.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

I said nothing of Al Gore. I said scientists. Please stop distracting.

But Al Gore will cite those very scientists.

Derp?

link   
a reply to: Kryties

How do you know that he didn't see that? Have you been to Antarctica?

link   

There is actual footage of that day and age showing the green pastures and ice free lakes.

Nutcase or not : )

edit on 19-5-2017 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

Al Gore also claimed he invented the Internet.

Point in being, if gov't controlled climate scientists are saying Humans are creating climate change, well, it must be true. If pink Unicorns show up on my property, I'm blaming Al Gore.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

So then why are you on a Conspiracy website if you don't believe?

Just asking.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join