It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate change is turning Antarctica green, say researchers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: eXia7

a reply to: eXia7

No. I understand your point rather well. It's the same low hanging fruit you deniers always attempt in this thread for easy stars. Bring up Al Gore as a foil to discount scientific research without actually looking at the research to see if it is valid or not.

Al Gore has pretty much single handedly ruined the credibility of climate change by being a shill. I bet if Al Gore hadn't taken up this cause to run a scam, more people would be on board.

Weather changes, Its random.. you cannot predict random.

"Blah blah blah blah. I make up excuses to keep my head in the sand" That's all I hear from you as you continue to talk about Al Gore.

Lol, I guess Al Gore is the kryptonite of your ideals. You use childish banter to deflect a valid point..

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: RisenMessiah
a reply to: Kryties

So then why are you on a Conspiracy website if you don't believe?

Just asking.

Conspiracies are not just a group think contained to like minded people. They require logical debate.

Why are you here and not on "www.antarcticaisgreeen.org" ? where you can all post pictures of cows and sheep and pterodactyls all living in harmony?

edit on 19/5/2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I haven't seen you offer a single valid point in this thread. All I've seen you do is go on about Al Gore who has nothing to do with proving if Climate Change is real or not. He's just a spokesman.

I don't know how it works in the company YOU work for, but our salespeople/spokesmen don't develop our products in my company. So attacking Al Gore like he is the primary source for Climate Change information is intellectually dishonest.
edit on 19-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: RisenMessiah
a reply to: Kryties

So then why are you on a Conspiracy website if you don't believe?

Just asking.

I'm sorry, did I enter an alternate reality where this particular conspiracy is literally the only conspiracy in existence and me denying it means that I shouldn't be on a conspiracy site?

THINK before you type next time.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The discussion was not about wether or not climate change is real.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: HeliocentricFantasy

The discussion was not about wether or not climate change is real.

This discussion ALWAYS centers around that topic. You even started it by trying to accuse me of assuming. Though thanks for trying to tell me what the OP -I- wrote and am discussing is about.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
a reply to: stosh64

It is insane how many people are missing your point, OP....

just insane...

Stosh isn't the OP.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I haven't seen you offer a single valid point in this thread. All I've seen you do is go on about Al Gore who has nothing to do with proving if Climate Change is real or not. He's just a spokesman.

I don't know how it works in the company YOU work for, but our salespeople/spokesmen don't develop our products in my company.

I'm pretty sure that using "global warming/climate change/chicken little syndrome" to scam people out of money, and shame them for something that they may or may not be causing is a valid point.

There have been many bold claims based on climate change/global warming/[insert next big disaster here] over the past decade, and most of it hasn't happened.
edit on 5/19/2017 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

The discussion is about wether or not Man Made climate change is real......

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: badw0lf

?

Our house is burning and that's the nature of the world. We are still at the end stages of the last ice age.
But sitting there saying "Naww, nothing is wrong!" while we continue to add fuel to the fire, is ignorant, when it will have a very noticeable impact on us. Frog in a pot syndrome, anyone?

We Absolutely are having an impact, and it's not helping things. What do we do? Well, stop making it happen sooner, I believe... but we all die, everything ends.

Like someone with cancer... may as well have another pack of smokes, it's gonna happen anyway.. right?

That's how I hear people who deny what our impact on the environment is. "It's natural, so lets not worry about what we're doing that makes it happen faster."

either way, we're gonna have to leave the planet and infest a new paradise... or just be wiped out.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Scientists around the world also agree that the entire Solar System is warming up. Many also agree that Solar activity is warming up this planet. Who would have thought?

So when you are in summer, and it's stinking hot, you dont mind others setting your house on fire while you wear thermal undies?

"But it's summer, so what if it's hot - it should be. and I paid for these undies. and not my fault the house is on fire. I didn't throw the match."

Wow, a bit slow are we.....the point is that if the whole solar system is warming up, it is not caused by humans........

Bit slow? If it's happening anyway, and we're adding to it, does it not make sense to you that we should stop adding to it?

"Herp, duhh, it's on fire anyway, so I may as well just throw more petrol on the burning house.. Derp.."

Slow, that's not me pal... just because you prefer to see things happen faster, doesn't mean we all do. so go ahead, burn your house down... hey, it won't matter, the universe is getting hotter, right?

duh...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
I'm pretty sure that using "global warming/climate change/chicken little syndrome" to scam people out of money, and shame them for something that they may or may not be causing is a valid point.

Lol. More unscientific bull#.

There have been many bold claims based on climate change/global warming/[insert next big disaster here] over the past decade, and most of it hasn't happened.

You do realize that Katrina and Haiti are said to have been super disastrous because of climate change right? The superstorms and weather patterns are already hitting us and you are pretending like they aren't here.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

a reply to: stosh64

It is insane how many people are missing your point, OP....

just insane...

Stosh isn't the OP.

*sigh*

It was in reference to the OP that I posted, not in reference to Stosh.

See, that's pretty much the problem, I guess... TRY TO THINK...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Oh I see what you are doing. Just making a pointless semantics argument.

link   

Climate change is turning Antarctica green

BS

On the coast Antarctic average temperatures are around -10c (in the warmest parts of Antarctica) and in the elevated inland they average about -55c in Vostok.

en.wikipedia.org...

All you could say is that, some parts, on the edge of Antarctica, are getting a bit greener. Antarctica, not so much.....

link   

Idiocracy in effect right here in this thread.

"Water? You mean like... from the toilet? hurrr hurr hurhurhur..."

link   

So to cut a long story short, we're f#cked anyway?

Why prolong the inevitable?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Sorry, your posts are a little cryptic. I'm too dumb to decrypt them.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Oh I see what you are doing. Just making a pointless semantics argument.

What I am doing? This is the discussion. I don't think anyone says that the climate is not changing. It always is. Always has.

You are saying it is because of human actions. It is your argument.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: HeliocentricFantasy

More like you are failing to see that I'm using MMCC and CC interchangeably because I don't want to type out those four words every time when it is easier to type two.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join