It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biracial UT pageant winner slammed as 'not black enough' on Twitter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Pasty white redhead is a European trait. "Latin" people are just a blend of anything plus Amerind. There really isn't a race of "mexican". Its a nationality.

We like to put folks in boxes. The reality is we are a species that inhabits of spectrum of variety. In the past the variety was much more prevalent. Several genetic bottlenecks have killed off ancient haplogroups, leaving us with far less diversity than we would assume at first, given our recent success as a species.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
In Utah their considered Lamanites.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I posted a better picture without lights shining on her.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Boy if I had a dollar for every time someone go outraged.

I'd be rich.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Pasty white redhead is a European trait. "Latin" people are just a blend of anything plus Amerind. There really isn't a race of "mexican". Its a nationality.

We like to put folks in boxes. The reality is we are a species that inhabits of spectrum of variety. In the past the variety was much more prevalent. Several genetic bottlenecks have killed off ancient haplogroups, leaving us with far less diversity than we would assume at first, given our recent success as a species.

I would always laugh at people who try to use the word Mexican in a derogatory manner.

Look out here comes the Mexican is about as offensive as saying look out here comes the American...Nationality isn't a race.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

All traits come from somewhere else.

Fact. Pasty white redhead is a VERY Puerto Rican trait. I had a friend in college who was born and raised in PR, both parents born and raised there. She was fairly white with red hair. She did not identify as a halfie, she was 100% Puerto Rican.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

She is pretty cute 🙄

Personally, i find the whiter-looking the black girl, the prettier they tend to be.

Thats just me.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
She is a gorgeous wee thing.

Why all the controversy over her skin tone? And why from the black community?

Sure she has a very European face and hair in the pics, but she also has the beautiful dark skin tone that only comes with being mixed with a darker race.

Am I to believe that it is only acceptable to the naysayer of this girl that one can only call themself of mixed race if their face and hair looks more African American?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Yep. Like I said, I work in a predominantly AA community and some of the lighter skinned black girls were bullied for it and told they were not black enough.

ETA: Hilariously enough, I got the story of this black guy who was bullying my coworker for not being black enough, and then told her friend he would never be with her because he could not have kids with her because she was too black and his kids would be too black.
edit on 4-5-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

maybe they want miss black to look black cause this chick dont.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: markosity1973

ETA: Hilariously enough, I got the story of this black guy who was bullying my coworker for not being black enough, and then told her friend he would never be with her because he could not have kids with her because she was too black and his kids would be too black.

You just can't fix stupid

My Nephew is 1/16 Maori (Native New Zealander) And I must say I am uber jealous of his year round golden tan. Funnily enough, the Maori people see their blood in him and they embrace it, pulling him into their ranks. We naturally think of him as one of us as well. So the boy is genuinely bi-racial. And I for one love it.

Therefore I find it really sad that certain races are making the mistakes we Europeans made. The girl is gorgeous, she has heritage from both races so don't shun her, love her. Because at the end of the day, everyone has red blood and we all have to take a dump from time to time.
edit on 4-5-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: Nickn3
Do you have a Miss White Universe in Texas?

Are you god damn crazy!!!!!@@!!!!!!

That's super racist.

Turnabout is fair play.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Apparently it's okay to be bi-sexual, you just can't be bi-racial.

But...but...wait....

How about racial fluidity????

Or maybe she identifies as really, really, REALLY black...??

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Whoh woah wow... . John Howard Griffin the first of a few left facing bathroom fixtures. Since we have seen a few more. This is nothing new and puts the strawberry Mans's virtues back a peg or two. Dolezal is mentally ill or a disgrace to progression (as ironic, it is) Do we need more lies and virtue signalling to hear a point of view?

Edit: just google him because it's not letting me link.

Peace
edit on 4-5-2017 by Xeros because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Yeah shadism is nothing new, and cuts both ways, sadly this is to be found not only in America but around the world, and involved non African people as well.

Former NBA Player Gilbert Arenas Says Dark Skinned Women Aren't Beautiful, Singles Out Two Kenyans: Lupita Nyong'o and Ajuma Nasenyana
www.mwakilishi.com...

I even suspect that it maybe ancient within Africa itself with the Red vs Black dichotomy , a passage from the Kebra Negast had King Solomon rebuking his Egyptian wife for being jealous and calling her competitor too black and not of Israel , to which he respond, you are also a black woman and a foreigner.
During the Haitian revolution they were split into three separate groups Whites ,Blacks and Mulattoes, waging a bitter war for domination..an uneasy peace was made between the Dark-skinned and lite skinned folks.

edit on 4-5-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Edumakated

Being from New England, and having known pasty white red head Puerto Ricans, they took being PR VERY serious, nothing in common with the Kennedys. So I can't speak for the person you mention, but being pasty white and redhead is a VERY Puerto Rican trait (as in 100% Puerto Rican).

It's funny you should mention that, because my mother is from PR and she and all her sisters are painfully pale with red curly hair and grey eyes. However, I did the Ancestry DNA and found that I inherited not only Irish and Scandinavian from her, but also Spanish, Taino Indian, and Middle Eastern.

Are we going to get so crazy over race that we are going to require a DNA test for Miss Black Texas? Stupid pageant, stupid idea to exclude according to race, and I believe that just about every black person in this country who is not a recent immigrant from Africa has white in them, some more than others.

I would love it if everybody who lives to play the race card would do their DNA....they can find and locate where you come from even up to a few thousand years ago, as that DNA rattles around and continues on, generation after generation, although it does dilute. Two things I swore I never was, was American Indian and Irish / British Isles. Guess what, I have 13% of the latter in me, 8% of the former. Whoda thunk it?

I would say that over 99% of American blacks have white in them. Many whites have black in them. Good Lordy, let it GO already. We are all human. It is more of a culture than a race at this point.

This has become a lightning rod of division. Not black enough indeed!!! Everybody who is complaining, show me your DNA first to prove that you have no white in you. Otherwise, shut your holster and work on unity for the common good.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

To me, this a facial feature thing. I would consider all three of these reasonably attractive women (from the perspective of another woman). Obviously, one of these women is very dark in complexion, but that doesn't matter as much to me as her features.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well yes symmetry counts, and some folks have exaggerated features, but a lot of times, AA's and others, stopped with shades, I. Find it quite unsettling myself pitting one shade against another, BTW, it wasn't that long ago among folks who self I'd as white, would look on Burnetts as 2nd best..remember that old saying gentle men prefer blondes, don't even Want to touch the blonde Aryan thing..promoted by a Burnett man one Adolf Hitler.
edit on 4-5-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I guess I just don't care as much about skin color. So I don't get it. When I am looking at a person and assessing whether or not I think they are pleasant to look at, I'm looking more at how their features go together.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

The pageant demonstrates a bias for "light skinned" women so it appears.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join