It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biracial UT pageant winner slammed as 'not black enough' on Twitter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The winner of the Miss Black University of Texas is taking the high road after critics on social media claimed she's “not black enough.” Rachael Malonson, 22, who is biracial, was crowned on Sunday. The event was hosted by Kappa Alpha Psi, a predominantly black fraternity.

“It was definitely a huge honor to win. As a biracial woman, I didn’t even think I was able to place,” she told Fox News.

In a Facebook post after her win, Malonson said she was at first reluctant to take part in the pageant because of her mixed race.

Biracial UT pageant winner slammed as 'not black enough' on Twitter

And so it begins....Now a young woman of biracial decent is being criticized for not being "black enough." What is wrong with people these days?? Is this what we have to look forward to? We have gone from the civil rights movement where everyone is created equal to now everyone is just not "equal enough".

Discuss....

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Remember in the old south there were rules about how many drops of black blood it took before you were no longer considered white?

Is this where we have come full circle and now you can only have so many drops of another race's blood before you are no longer considered black?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

To be fair they were looking for the "Miss Black University of Texas". If it's not racist for the white society to consider her black it's not racist for the black society to consider her white. Because she's both and none really.
The sad part in this story is that there are different competions for the different colours.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It's not that she isn't black enough, it's that's she's too white.

Huge difference, see appendix F4 in the SJW manual.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Hard to argue with such philosophical heavyweights as Chocolatey Socrates, though.

Ok so I did my creeping on ol girl who won that black pageant....she shouldn't have won. — Chocolatey Socrates (@ShawtiBroCuz_) May 3, 2017

With a handle like that, you just know his pontificating is above rebuttal.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Full circle indeed....Hard to know which way is up anymore...

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

To be fair they were looking for the "Miss Black University of Texas". If it's not racist for the white society to consider her black it's not racist for the black society to consider her white. Because she's both and none really.
The sad part in this story is that there are different competions for the different colours.

Sad indeed... However with todays mixing of all races isn't it almost impossible to find 100% pure anything? And with all the flip flopping of what sex people choose to be, couldn't I or she or anyone for that matter feel like they are an African American even though they aren't? I mean if we can swaps the sexes around so easily what's little skin pigment???

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Good for her!

As for the haters...

Who were they expecting to win?

Someone like this?

+6 more 
link   
Why does it have to always be so un-inclusive with minority communities...I mean to complain she isn't black enough is bad but have you ever seen a miss white america beauty pageant? And if you did see such an event what do you think those not included would say of it? More and more these days the very people who complain of discrimination seem to be the ones who discriminate the most.
edit on 4-5-2017 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Hard to argue with such philosophical heavyweights as Chocolatey Socrates, though.

Ok so I did my creeping on ol girl who won that black pageant....she shouldn't have won. — Chocolatey Socrates (@ShawtiBroCuz_) May 3, 2017

He sounds like a regular philosophiser.

Sadly, everything must go through the court of public opinion, she should have known this would happen.

link   

Awww don't be so judgmental Shamrock6...."creeping" is just a technical ubonics term for investigation...

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

But when it comes to transgenders and sports, it's not OK to tell them that they are "both and none" really. A transgender man can compete with full men and a transgender woman can compete with full women despite any anomalies they may have and advantages or disadvantages that may bring them as a result.

And I seem to be missing the Miss White Univesity of Texas Pageant. Could you point that one out to me?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I wonder if corn rows and a gold tooth would have maybe thrown off the detractors.

Sure, she's light skinned, but there are much lighter skinned black people out there(Rachel Dolezal for one).

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There isn't one due to fear of the backlash and probably the amount of death threats and rio.... I mean protests.

link   
SJW's eat their own!

link   
Too PC? The left never liked losing much. Maybe there should be medals for all participants.

link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

To be fair, I think Dolezal might actually be darker than the girl in the OP.

Of course...she's not naturally darker, but she identifies as darker.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It is probably because her hair is a little too "good" and she is a bit fair skinned. She is a hotty though. You can be bi-racial and still considered black but often times it comes down to your mannerisms and if you actually embrace your "blackness".

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

a reply to: MisterSpock

To be fair, I think Dolezal might actually be darker than the girl in the OP.

Of course...she's not naturally darker, but she identifies as darker.

Everyone knows it's not how dark you are on the outside...it's what's inside that matters

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
SJW's eat their own!

Their algorithms back them into such a corner that there is no way out, and no answer that doesn't lead to being offended.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join