It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

29 people shot in less than 18 hours in Chicago

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

...and they don't give a damn who catches the strays.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
People need jobs.

Yes, they do. But they have to be willing to get up in the morning and go to work. They have to be polite to coworkers, dress appropriately for work, and then actually do the job.
Chicago has a lot of people who think getting up at 11 am and selling weed all day is a job.
If you get high all day, your not getting a job.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

People need jobs.

Jobs that pay enough to make doing crimes an afterthought.

Unfortunately that is only one piece of the puzzle. You have to take out the desire for that lifestyle as well. Most of them like the lifestyle. I would bet 95% would either turn down a real full time job making the same money they do on the street or turn back to gangbanging within a very short period of time.

I have listened to so many stories of the kids fathers being in gangs and never being there, then the mother's whining about it and getting the bleeding hearts in a tizzy. Fact of the matter is, the mother was in it for the money and lifestyle the father "provided". If she wasn't then why was she with the father? And why does she continue to seek out men just like the father? Both parents are to blame equally as much.

I always hear people blaming education as a reasoning for this type of behavior, but I don't recall picking a partner or parent to a child being a class taught in school. This is purely a choice someone makes on their own. If you pick a person to be with and have a kid with then you know who they are and what they do. Why should it be a shock when they continue to do these things?

I have met some really great people over the years who have been in really $hitty situations but genuinely knew it and wanted out. Some have gotten out and prospered. Others, after you see them the second time and the same story has happened 3 times since the last meeting, well....you made your bed and my help only extends to those willing to help themselves.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

People need jobs.

And until places like Illinois, California, New York, etc. quit taxing the job creators to the point they have to move to other states in order to survive, there will never be jobs. Also, while I am firmly in favor of a living wage, I am not in favor of providing it unless recipients are skilled enough to properly do the job for which they're being paid. In the end, the Democrats that politically control these hell holes need to come to the realization that enforcing ALL laws is the first step in righting this ship. I would imagine losing it's sanctuary city beacon would help Chicago lose a good number of these shooters.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
www.yahoo.com...

Good thing these people don't know how to shoot.

Maybe/maybe not. I guess it all depends on what these people who were shot actually do to change their lives. The majority will likely be looking for revenge and wind up being involved in another shooting.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I was obviously talking about the black youth raised in cities like chicago. The ones being raised as "victims"

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

People need jobs.

And until places like Illinois, California, New York, etc. quit taxing the job creators to the point they have to move to other states in order to survive, there will never be jobs. Also, while I am firmly in favor of a living wage, I am not in favor of providing it unless recipients are skilled enough to properly do the job for which they're being paid. In the end, the Democrats that politically control these hell holes need to come to the realization that enforcing ALL laws is the first step in righting this ship. I would imagine losing it's sanctuary city beacon would help Chicago lose a good number of these shooters.

Problem is that in many high violent crime areas, even police won't patrol. It was that way in Atlanta on Techwood years ago before the city cleared it out, tore it down and built Centennial Olympic Park. I had friends on the police force that wouldn't drive down Techwood. The entire area was basically a free for all. The people there didn't care about others lives in the least and there were daily shootings.

Atlanta finally wised up and wiped the whole place out. Once the order was given to demo the buildings the thugs didn't have much choice except to leave. There were some residents that had been there for years that were elderly and were helped to find new affordable housing, but the vast majority of residents in that area were gangbangers and dealers.

Maybe Chicago should take a page from Atlanta and wipe the area out for some new greenspace.....if you displace a few thousand gangbangers they can be much more easily wrangled based on the fact they can't all find another place to move into next door to eachother at the same time....divide and conquer...its a simple and old strategy that I'm surprised hasn't been used yet.

Find a large venture capital firm willing to get some serious tax writers for putting up the money to demo and rebuild a few blocks of space at a time and you quickly acquire new businesses creating jobs and get rid of the riff raff quickly.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Like I said, I don't have a solution. Stricter gun laws?

If it were the ME, covert drops of military weapons would 'fix' it. Or make it worse so air strikes and invasion by the military would be more justified.

We can regime change whole nations but not fix our own hoods.

Or don't want to...

Or don't care to...

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Look up the disability issue in the city everybody that gets shot get's disability for the rest of their life. Big business in this area keeping peoples checks coming!!

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Like I said, I don't have a solution. Stricter gun laws?

If it were the ME, covert drops of military weapons would 'fix' it. Or make it worse so air strikes and invasion by the military would be more justified.

We can regime change whole nations but not fix our own hoods.

Or don't want to...

Or don't care to...

an excellent point! as obvious as that seems, I've never thought about that. if, through covert processes (more so than the regular wool over our eyes bs), the government could make progress towards stabilization and regime change in American cities by supplying the means (insert "means" here), would it be as acceptable a solution as those we use in other countries? the government certainly doesn't have a problem DEstabilizing cities!

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The problem won't be fixed because too many people refuse to identify the problem. You cannot provide solutions if you don't want to acknowledge the problem. Most of the solutions usually address symptoms of the problem around the periphery instead of getting to the root causes.

This isn't a problem of gun violence, but the utter collapse of the black family going back 50 years due to liberal great society policies.

Government forcibly removed fathers from the home through welfare benefits and ultimately created a culture in which single mothers have become the norm and socially acceptable. Nearly 75% of black children are born out of wedlock. Every single study every done shows that kids raised in single parent homes on average are more susceptible to poverty, crime, and poor educations despite claims to the contrary by feminist apologist.

We've created entire communities with no fathers and accountability. These young black males are essentially like feral wild animals lashing out because they have no authority figures to show them the way to be productive.

The gun violence is a result of a ghetto CULTURE that has evolved to glorify violence and thuggish behavior. To be clear, it isn't even just Chicago. It is black communities all over the US. Chicago just gets the press because we are the largest, but many smaller cities are just as violent and worse on a per capita basis. It is the same story.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I don't care about Chicago killings.

I will never, ever go to Chicago.

The people are animals. Let them shoot each other

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The shootings are getting closer to the site of where the Obama Presidential Library is being constructed.

A Presidential Library surrounded by gangs, and illegal alien thugs that are being welcomed into the city.

Maybe when the first visitor is shot, the city or the Feds will take needed action.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edwardmorton
I don't care about Chicago killings.

I will never, ever go to Chicago.

The people are animals. Let them shoot each other

Thats just a genius response.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I live in Illinois, hours away from Chicago. I live in a smaller nice town between the mil base ( why Im here) and East St Louis. Il has the best welfare and opportunities available for he lazy and useless. It has the best opportunities for the criminal. They tax us to death here... well, those that hold jobs and pay taxes anyway. My property taxes on just my home are a little under 4K a year. The mess we are in is wholly due to the New Democrat Culture. These people arent the Dems I knew yrs ago. They are the social engineering weirdos who money grab and pretend they arent racists in democrats clothing. I told it yrs ago on here.. this is a racist hellhole.. I was bashed for it. Its american blacks VS everyone who isnt black. We have a diversity program the Mayor was oh so proud of in my town... we have hud homes and apartments in nice neighborhoods beside those of us who produce and pay. Its creating a real issue.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
answer is simple, but will take a 5-10 years to fully kick in.

1. minimum wage 20 dollars an hour.
2. hire a TON of new teachers, its obvious these families are overwhelmed. they cannot raise their own children, so the solution is to hire lots and lots of teachers to help instill the proper morals.

the real solution which would solve the massive lower class issue is every kid at 8 years old has to have a vesectimy. then at 21, the legal drinking age, they can have it reversed. wham, no more single moms with 3 kids at 23 years of age.

it sounds harsh, but i live by new york city, jersey city, and newark. i frequently meet 22 year olds with 2 children.

if their sure to be single mom was making 20 bucks an hour, she might only have to work one job to pay rent. then she can be home to raise the kids.

if not, she has to work 8 hours at walmart, then an addition 6 hours at hardees. but then again, the internati0nalists love cheap labor, so mozes forbid they give away 20 an hour.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

More laws wont fix it. They had the resources and all, this is what happens when all the money surrounding a city gets laundered to people who have no interest in blue collar workers.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Where are the parents?

That's the million dollar question...
If you answer and solve this question the violence will drop exponentially.
Between the private prison industries need for a never-ending stream of bodies(parents) and the democrats promoting the destruction of the nuclear family via government dependency this whole mess could have been avoidable.

In the 50-60's most children black and white had both parents. Compared to today where 70%+ of black children and 40% of white children are raised by one parent. Typically the mother who has a resentment for the father and a dependency on the government.

edit on 17-4-2017 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2017 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: DAVID64
Where are the parents?

That's the million dollar question...
If you answer and solve this question the violence will drop exponentially.
Between the private prison industries need for a never-ending stream of bodies(parents) and the democrats promoting the destruction of the nuclear family via government dependency this whole mess could have been avoidable.

In the 50-60's most children black and white had both parents. Compared to today where 70%+ of black children and 40% of white children are raised by one parent. Typically the mother who has a resentment for the father and a dependency on the government.

The system has created this feedback loop that keep trapping successive generations in the cycle. First, I think the only way to break it is to accept that we cannot save everyone. Some kids and parents are simply going to have to be left behind.

I think the best way to save these communities is redirecting and imagining the school systems to essentially take over. Instead of spending so much money on policing and criminal justice, I think a lot of that money needs to go to schools. However, I think we need a radical approach to the schools. Almost military like and we have to get rid of the typical public school constraints.

First, we need to break up the schools into single sex schools. This is critical.

Second, the school system needs to accept that they have to do more than just teach. These schools almost need to be boarding schools. It is obvious the parents have failed and the less time they spend at home and in the streets, the better.

Third, the school system has to be able to get rid of problem students and focus on those that want to get out of the cycle. We cannot have the typical bureaucratic morass that is the public school system of today. Administrators need to be able to get rid of students and teachers who aren't performing.

If we focus on capturing the youngest of these kids, I think it could work. Unfortunately, by the time a lot of these kids are in elementary school, it is probably too late. We have to start with preschool kids and essentially track them for the next 18 years.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
A program of sterilisation in exchange for benefits.
a reply to: joemoe

It seems to me like that only works if class mobility doesn't exist. If you don't believe class mobility exists, then it shouldn't matter if they get benefits or not, because working wouldn't improve their situation.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join