It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

29 people shot in less than 18 hours in Chicago

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: freedom7
a reply to: carewemust

True.

What's the reason so many evade jail in Chicago than?

Chicago is extremely corrupt. Has been for many decades. When I got pulled over for a cracked windshield, the officer put his hand face-up on my window-sill while explaining the expense of the ticket. I put $20 in his hand, and he told me to get going, and get it fixed ASAP.

I would not have attempted that in any other city. But in Chicago this "culture" spans generations. My Uncle taught me to ascertain the "signs" that Chicago police send, when I first got my driver's license. I've taught my two sons the same thing. They don't go to Chicago much, but it's important to be educated on how the city works, just in case.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Wow, that's crazy..

I believe every word of what you just said is the scary part too.

I knew it was corrupt, but I didn't realize it trickled down to even average joe police officers too.

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep it in mind If ever I'm in Chicago.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
What about the Sheriff's Department? Is the sheriff an elected position in Cook County? They have 6900 sworn members who patrol the unincorporated Cook County. I have not read much about high crime in the area. They must be successful at their job and not such crooks. Hire more sheriffs, members of the city community. Curfews.

"The Cook County Sheriff's Office is the principal law enforcement agency that serves Cook County, Illinois. It is the second largest sheriff's department in the United States, with over 6,900 members when at full operational strength. It is headed by the Sheriff of Cook County, currently Thomas Dart. Due to its size the Cook County Sheriff's Office divides its operations by task into several departments, the most recognizable of which are the Cook County Sheriff's Police Department, the Court Services Division, and the Cook County Sheriff's Department of Corrections."

And this:
"The Cook County Sheriff's Boot Camp is designed to provide non-violent offenders a strict detention program based on military discipline, fundamental vocational skills, education and alcohol/substance abuse treatment. In addition, the boot camp features an eight-month-long post-detention supervision program where participants must return to the boot camp on a daily basis to continue educational programming."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: freedom7

True.

What's the reason so many evade jail in Chicago than?

The community talks out of both sides of their mouths... as soon as the police start arresting and throwing the thugs in jail, you get Jesse Jackson, Father Phleger, and the rest of the buckdancing bojangling civil rights activist start crying about how throwing these guys in jail is breaking up families, racist, etc. So on the one hand they complain about the gun violence and crime, but then turn around and complain about the police taking the perpetrators off the street. You can't have it both ways.

The judges in Chicago are very lax on gun charges. It is not uncommon for people to have two or three gun charges (where they get pulled over for something and the cops find an illegal firearm). You can't even be a legit rapper in Chicago now unless you get a gun charge...

A big part of controlling the violence is getting the perpetrators off the street. Often times it requires cops to get them on much lesser charges. This is why stuff like stop N frisk and other quality of life policing measures are so important. You typically don't get a "soldier" off the street by catching them in the act putting in work so to speak, but the other more minor stuff.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join