It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you ever move to Europe?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
If you're living in north america, would you ever move to Europe if you could get a citizenship there?

Let say for example especially if you were say in a situation where you had tons of major problems state side and you couldn't figure out any good solutions to get out of all the problems. And say if you were single. And you were able to move to Europe and you could start with a fresh slate out there.

Would that be something you'd do? Or how would you approach the matter?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: truthtalk44

If you're living in north america, would you ever move to Europe if you could get a citizenship there?

I have dual citizenship, our family has property in Italy and I still would be reluctant to move there permanently.

Let say for example especially if you were say in a situation where you had tons of major problems state side and you couldn't figure out any good solutions to get out of all the problems. And say if you were single. And you were able to move to Europe and you could start with a fresh slate out there.

Would that be something you'd do? Or how would you approach the matter?

Depending on what types of problems they are moving to another country, particularly one that has good relations with the United States, will not solve them.

edit on 20-3-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
We are building a wall to keep North Americans out I'm afraid.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Sure. The French Riveria Italy, Spain. As long as it's warm.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: truthtalk44

Australia here , cannot think of a place i would rather live and i have been to a few countries but admittedly not Europe .

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Yes. The UK.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

No no no ... Europe is good !

Australia is full of drop bears ... and Ozzies !!

And big hairy biting things - that are as big as your head !!

Meditteranian Greece should be cheap
... ? What ?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
There's a good possibility that hubby will be transferred to Spain in the near future. If that's were his job takes us, we'll go, although I'll miss our farm. I have kids, and I think it's good for them to see other cultures and other ways of living. My daughter spent a summer traveling Europe while in college - from Brussels to Istanbul, the French Riviera to Israel. Her brothers will do the same when they get older.

Would we come back? That would depend on how crazy the USA gets.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Why Europe and why citizenship as opposed to residency?

You'll find that European citizenship isn't always easy or even possible - residency isn't so difficult.
Forget Switzerland unless you have a mega-bucks, there's financial requirements for residence.

BUT, in answer to your question, YES I would move to Europe, without benefit of citizenship, but specifically to Portugal or Spain where living expenses are affordable and the culture isn't too preoccupied with the rest of Europe and its problems.

ganjoa

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I've always fantasized about living in the UK. I've always been attracted to it for some reason. I would live there as long as it was far away from London. Another place would be New Zealand. I've also have a strange attraction to that place even though I have never visited.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I want to live in USA, now I am in Spain and its not bad but I want guns, too bad USA don't want me

I guess Canada is guns friendly too, but come on, guns are not that nice to warrant living as a Popsicle

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

As an American, I would consider moving to Switzerland, Ireland or Whales, but only to a rural spot well away from population-dense areas

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I live in the UK and I am fascinated by certain aspects of the U.S. It is to do with the way people behave. In the U.S people generally (if ATS is anything to go by) do like to express themselves, so no wonder the best at acting and drama arguably; dynamic comes to mind, too. That is why Hollywood is so hugely successful the world over. Hollywood even manages to work on a fairly universal level, language aside.

U.S people are more open. You have many unique and never seen before modern qualities. There is a certain egalitarian and fairness ethos healthily alive in your culture, comparatively.

Just be careful about thinking Europe would be nice for you. Here is a funny clip from Bob Dylan when he was over here in the UK getting really homesick back in the mid sixties. He is drunk and stoned with John Lennon in the limo and starts almost crying to go home, lol:

www.dailymotion.com...

Transcript here: www.recmusicbeatles.com...

"Dylan: (Looking increasingly tired and distressed) I wanna go back home. I
wanna go back home, man, see a baseball game, all-night TV. I come
from a land of paradise, man.

Lennon: (In thick Northern accent, very sarcastically) Sounds great.

Dylan: Well, I could make it sound so great that you wouldn't have the
capacity to speak.

(Lennon is silent)

Dylan: (No longer "acting") Hey, I'm very sick, man. I'll be glad when this
is over, 'cos I'm getting very sick here.

Lennon: With the tremors?

Dylan: Are you getting sick here? (Pennebaker leans out of the limo and
shoots Dylan through the window) Is it pouring yet? Hey, that's a
good shot, but why don't you bring it back in 'cos it's cold. (He
scowls, then groans, struck by a wave of nausea) Aw! How far are we
from the hotel, Tom?"

France is lovely, Portugal is lovely. Everywhere has its charm.

edit on 20-3-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Europe? It's a continent with massively differing cultures, people, places and languages. Not a country one chooses to move to.

MAGA.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

ya but it's all one now.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Europe is massively variable. It is not a monolithic culture. Islamists don't dwell on every corner.

Move to the UK. Some of the benefits.

- You won't get shot and less likelihood of a violent death.
- The police talk to you!
- Huge variety from north, south, east and west. England is not London.
- Far better employment protections - I get 35 days annual leave (vacation) and other stuff.
- Better healthcare. People do the NHS down, but it is world class if you are ill, and it's free.
- Better racial integration. We are not obsessed by skin colour.
- The Queen.
- British English - the proper way to spell.
- Real Ale.

What more can you want?

I could list out the reasons to move to France, except I cannot think of any!

edit on 20/3/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I was stationed in Europe for 5 years and traveled to quite a few counties.

No, I would not prefer to live there over the US or Canada for sure. If I were to win the Powerball and wanted to have "enclaves" in foreign nations then Ireland would be my choice in Europe. I will admit, I am unfamiliar with "Eastern Europe" but given assumptions, that would not be a good choice.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

and Ozzies

Its Aussies , only time ever we have butchered a word and kept somewhat true to the original . And you would be better off being wary of this .

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

John Lennon sure was a pr*ck during that video not wanting to put up with bob at all

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

australia will be completely overrun by cain toads by the year 2026. It will be like egypt in moses time. They'll basically take over everything and you won't be able to step foot outside your place without stepping on them everywhere you try and go. It's that bad.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join