It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fun Fact People from Other Countries Arent Entitled to America's Constitutional Protections

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Seriously this is something I learned in Criminal Justice while I was in High School. And further hammered in when I was in College.

www.washingtonpost.com... dc-00f9bdd74ed1_story.html?utm_term=.5157a444dbc2

Watson declared that “a reasonable, objective observer — enlightened by the specific historical context, contemporaneous public statements, and specific sequence of events leading to its issuance — would conclude that the Executive Order was issued with a purpose to disfavor a particular religion.”

And even if it was issued with a purpose to disfavor a particular religion they are not citizens of this country and therefore don't get the same rights as you or me.

“The illogic of the Government’s contentions is palpable,” Watson wrote. “The notion that one can demonstrate animus toward any group of people only by targeting all of them at once is fundamentally flawed.”

Meanwhile Obama demonstrated animus toward Iraqi refugees in 2011 and not a peep of protest.

“These statements, which include explicit, direct statements of President Trump’s animus toward Muslims and intention to impose a ban on Muslims entering the United States, present a convincing case that the First Executive Order was issued to accomplish, as nearly as possible, President Trump’s promised Muslim ban,” Chuang wrote.

Ya sorry but that was Candidate Trump. So stop living in the past.

At a rally in Nashville on Wednesday, Trump called the Hawaii court ruling “terrible” and asked a cheering crowd whether the ruling was “done by a judge for political reasons.” He said the administration would fight the case “as far as it needs to go,” including up to the Supreme Court, and rued that he had been persuaded to sign a “watered-down version” of his first travel ban.

Of course it was Political. Obama's Home State.

“Let me tell you something, I think we ought to go back to the first one and go all the way,” Trump said. “The danger is clear, the law is clear, the need for my executive order is clear.”

Amen President Trump.

Watson’s decision came in response to a lawsuit filed by Hawaii. Lawyers for the state alleged that the new entry ban, much like the old, violated the establishment clause of the First Amendment because it was essentially a Muslim ban, hurt the ability of state businesses and universities to recruit top talent, and damaged the state’s robust tourism industry.

Do you see Saudi Arabia anywhere on the list? So it is essentially not a Muslim Ban. Also I highly doubt there is any "top talent" in those War torn countries that would affect the ability of state businesses to hire. Plenty of talent to choose from American Colleges. I mean that statement is just laughable and sad.

edit on 16-3-2017 by Stevemagegod because: title edit

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Donald J. Trump Statement on Preventing Muslim Immigration

Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.
Donald J Trump

Trump said it himself. It's a Muslim ban

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.
Donald J Trump

And yet SA isnt on the list nor Pakistan so it isnt a Muslim Ban.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

he said it over and over again too.
pretty sure spicer said it too. hard to keep track

they will still argue it is not a ban even though trump(and pretty sure his mouthpiece) both said it was

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

they will still argue it is not a ban even though trump(and pretty sure his mouthpiece) both said it was

Meanwhile FDR stopped ALL immigration.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

Donald J Trump

twitter.com...

If the ban were announced with a one week notice, the "bad" would rush into our country during that week. A lot of bad "dudes" out there!

why would he call it a ban if it is not?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This is what these boards have turned into, a bunch of political trolls grandstanding and looking for pats on the back.

Your OP has no substance as with most of your other OP's. You quote other people and add one liners to them and call it a thread.

Thanks for actively ruining the quality of these boards.

edit on 3/16/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Donald J Trump

twitter.com...

If the ban were announced with a one week notice, the "bad" would rush into our country during that week. A lot of bad "dudes" out there!

Im confused do you want Bush, Obama, and Clinton enemies coming into America freely unopposed?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Meanwhile FDR stopped ALL immigration.

bwuahahahahahaah

FDR has not been president since 45

what the hell does that have to do with trumps ban?
trump said it was a ban but you say its not and then rattle off some # a president did in the 40's

thats so awesome

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
This is what these boards have turned into, a bunch of political trolls grandstanding and looking for pats on the back.

Your OP has no substance as with most of your other OP's. You quote other people and add one liners to them and call it a thread.

Thanks for actively ruining the quality of these boards.

This isnt the Mudpit.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Yes, we want all the terrorists to come into our homes and hold us hostage and brutally kill us. You guessed it, we're terrorist lovers!

That's what you want to hear and that's what you seem to believe so I thought I'd grant your wish. Still doesn't make it true though, but keep insinuating it, maybe it will come true someday.

link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Ah, you noticed that too?.

I thought it was maybe just me becoming senile in my old age.

link   

Donald J Trump

twitter.com...

Im confused do you want Bush, Obama, and Clinton enemies coming into America freely unopposed?

but george washington owned slaves....

stupid point to make huh?

why are you confused?
i never said i want enemies coming freely to america...not one time

i am asking you specifically why you keep saying it is not a ban when trump himself said it was...

then you deflect with some # about a president from the 40's.
and then you mention 3 other presidents

can you answer?

link   

Donald J Trump

Sounds good to me!

I'm still waiting for ANY leftist to explain to me how importing even one non-citizen Muslim into the United States makes Americans safer.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I'd like to hear other perspectives but the Founding Fathers were simply trying to guarantee and protect rights which are inherent to every person: speech, religion, self-protection etc.

No rights come from the Constitution or government.

They come from "God" or if you dont believe in "God" (which would include me), these rights are naturally occurring.

Taken in this context, this judge is saying that everyone on the planet has "inalienable" rights and it was the intent of the Founders to try and protect these rights.

We cant control what occurs elsewhere, but we can ensure that we're acknowledging (and trying to uphold) these rights so much as its in our power to do so.

edit on 16-3-2017 by gladtobehere because: wording

link   

And even if it was issued with a purpose to disfavor a particular religion they are not citizens of this country and therefore don't get the same rights as you or me.

It is settled Constitutional law that non-citizens that are in the United States are in fact entitled to some of the same rights as citizens.

edit on 16-3-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

link   

I know, that doesn't change the fact that your OP has no substance though.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yes, we want all the terrorists to come into our homes and hold us hostage and brutally kill us. You guessed it, we're terrorist lovers!

That's what you want to hear and that's what you seem to believe so I thought I'd grant your wish. Still doesn't make it true though, but keep insinuating it, maybe it will come true someday.

thats exactly what he wants to hear.
dude starts the same threads every day with the same idiotic arguments(like a 40's president)
instead of answering direct questions he deflects and then assumes # about other members...

not agreeing with the ban does not mean i/we/anyone wants to freely let terrorist in the country

i really think he understands it but is collecting stars

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I expect there will be multiple threads with internet lawyers and their google degrees telling everyone that the judicial branch can't do what they are doing. So I will get some popcorn.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I know that the OP was about President Trump's travel ban, but you made a larger point that often gets lost in the chatter.

Foreign nationals do not have Constitutional Rights.

Can you imagine the disaster that would ensue if one morning 750 million Chinese woke up and found out they had the full rights and protections -- INCLUDING THE RIGHT OF ENTRY, of the US Constitution?

The Left has been trying to forward this destructive lie for decades. Thankfully, the majority of Americans aren't that dumb.

S & F

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join