It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fun Fact People from Other Countries Arent Entitled to America's Constitutional Protections

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Donald J. Trump Statement on Preventing Muslim Immigration

Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.
Donald J Trump

Trump said it himself. It's a Muslim ban

Sounds good to me!

I'm still waiting for ANY leftist to explain to me how importing even one non-citizen Muslim into the United States makes Americans safer.

im still waiting for someone on the right to explain how letting in even 1 non citizen muslim makes americans less safe.

is it an automatic kind of thing?
is there a safety scale kind of deal where each non citizen muslim that comes in it goes down a notch?

how does it work?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

a reply to: windword

he said it over and over again too.
pretty sure spicer said it too. hard to keep track

they will still argue it is not a ban even though trump(and pretty sure his mouthpiece) both said it was

Meanwhile FDR stopped ALL immigration.

bwuahahahahahaah

FDR has not been president since 45

what the hell does that have to do with trumps ban?
trump said it was a ban but you say its not and then rattle off some # a president did in the 40's

thats so awesome

FDR was a Wartime President. Trump is a Wartime President. He kept America safe by rounding up its enemies into camps. Those enemies were American born Citizens while at the same time keeping American shores safe from Saboteurs. No one ever said those actions were morally correct but he did everything he could do to make sure America was safe.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Hitler put Jews into camps to keep Germany safe. It seems as though you are advocating the same practices that led to the holocaust 70 years ago.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

he said it over and over again too.
pretty sure spicer said it too. hard to keep track

they will still argue it is not a ban even though trump(and pretty sure his mouthpiece) both said it was

Meanwhile FDR stopped ALL immigration.

bwuahahahahahaah

FDR has not been president since 45

what the hell does that have to do with trumps ban?
trump said it was a ban but you say its not and then rattle off some # a president did in the 40's

thats so awesome

FDR was a Wartime President. Trump is a Wartime President. He kept America safe by rounding up its enemies into camps. Those enemies were American born Citizens while at the same time keeping American shores safe from Saboteurs. No one ever said those actions were morally correct but he did everything he could do to make sure America was safe.

why do you keep talking about FDR? this is about trump and by the way you still have no answered the question
why do you say it is not a ban when trump himself said it was?

also, since you mentioned FDR he was the president from 33 to 45...the entirety of ww2.
trump has been president for like 2 months so come off the trump being a war time president...

now youre talking about internment camps...
do you agree with that?

can you please answer my questions or should we talk about a different president

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Ok. Even if he would like that to be true, so what? Obviously you can't ban an ideology. So, it would make sense that be ban immigrants from, what? 6 of the 50 predominantly Muslim countries? Give it a rest, blowhard. Not that he would even be wrong to think the way he thinks. Do you research much? Plenty of pew research studies on the values of a wide range of faiths. Care to tell me which others EVER find it acceptable to kill someone else based on their faith? I'm sure you'd like to dig in the history books, and pull the inquisition and such, as blowhards love to do. But let me remind that the reality we're living in is now.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Article 1, section 9 and 10.

Amendment 1.

Amendment 14....nor shall any state deprive any PERSON of life, liberty, or property without due process.

That says "person" not citizen. Person is any person.

Trumps complete lack of understanding of reality and the Constitution will be his downfall...

...Or the downfall of the Constitution itself...

Artificial Corporate Persons would get all moist over that.

edit on ? by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Fun Fact People from Other Countries Arent Entitled to America's Constitutional Protections

Are you sure? Because the courts are not.

That seems to be the consensus after the, two rulings (iIrc) during the last century or so on who "the people", distinct from "citizens", include.

I think one argument is that the authors of the Constitution rather obviously believed the rights to be universal in nature, that they arguably saw the document as a human rights bill.

Another argument is that it goes without saying the rest of the U.S. laws apply to anyone in the United States - be it traffic laws or the penal code.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Banning immigrants of all faiths from 12% of predominantly Muslim countries is hardly a Muslim ban. Try again. That he said he'd like to ban Muslims should be an issue for his supporters to deal with, if they have a problem with it, since that's clearly not what's happening.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bender151

Care to tell me which others EVER find it acceptable to kill someone else based on their faith?

Some Christians, past and present.

The facts are that Trump's "Muslim Ban" keeps getting blocked because of his, and his lackey's own words.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

You don't even need to go into amendment 14.

The first is about limiting what the government can do. Legislation including EOs can not violate those limitations.
edit on 16-3-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

...And that must be why the EO Muslim Ban is being held up...

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

Banning immigrants of all faiths from 12% of predominantly Muslim countries is hardly a Muslim ban. Try again. That he said he'd like to ban Muslims should be an issue for his supporters to deal with, if they have a problem with it, since that's clearly not what's happening.

he called it a ban
he was also quoted as saying "it" is a watered down version of the first one and he would like to go back to it

you call it whatever you want. im going to call it what he did. a ban

and OP you still have not answered my questions
edit on 16-3-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Fix your link please.

Seriously this is something I learned in Criminal Justice while I was in High School. And further hammered in when I was in College.

Prove it. As soon as a person crosses the border they are covered by the religious rights given in the Constitution.

And even if it was issued with a purpose to disfavor a particular religion they are not citizens of this country and therefore don't get the same rights as you or me.

Wrong again. Not to mention it would also be religious discrimination to target one religion. Is that something a nation that professes freedom of religion should engage in? During WW2 would you have also supported the ban on Jews coming into America?

Of course it was Political. Obama's Home State.

So what? Because it's from his home state they are not allowed to have an opinion?

Amen President Trump.

Yeah let's count up all the terrorist attacks here in America from the refugees from those nations. It's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist except in Donnie's little mind.

Do you see Saudi Arabia anywhere on the list?

With all their money and oil they only get put on lists they want to be put on.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

...And that must be why the EO Muslim Ban is being held up...

Yup... Judge Derrick K. Watson of Federal District Court in Honolulu wrote

“These plainly worded statements,” “betray the executive order’s stated secular purpose.”

His rallying cries during the campaign were effective in helping to get him elected, but have become legal and political liabilities now that he is in the Oval Office.

edit on 16-3-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Yep, liabilities as in an unlawful ban he promised to a herd of bigots, and a wall that will be impossible to finance because of the cost and the economic conditions in the U.S. at this time. Good thing he dealt a death blow to the EPA so nobody would speak for those migrating land animals that would be blocked by that pesky wall. Did that debt ceiling thing that was up yesterday even come up in the news yesterday or today?...

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

I think the debt ceiling issue is being ignored by most.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Donald J. Trump Statement on Preventing Muslim Immigration

Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.
Donald J Trump

Trump said it himself. It's a Muslim ban

But the EOs are not Muslim bans.

They are terrorism vetting processes.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Funny thing, though, is that even if that was his intent, it would still be allowed under current presidential discretion concerning immigration.

Other funny thing, though, is that neither of his immigration E.O.s are Muslim bans, no matter how often the Left parrots such a claim.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I think that it is no accident that everyone seems to be distracted from it by all of these Non-Issues...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join