It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kellyanne Conway Invents Alternative-Fact Massacre To Justify Policy.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+68 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Kellyanne Conway has blamed two Iraqi refugees for a terrorist attack that never happened to justify the Trump travel ban.

The senior advisor to President Donald Trump cited the fictional “Bowling Green massacre” Thursday on MSNBC’s “Hardball” to justify the executive order banning travelers from several predominantly Muslim nations, reported The Guardian.

But if you dont' believe MSM 'fake news', you can watch the interview full and complete on youtube, and witness her telling these lies yourself:

www.youtube.com...

Conway also falsely compared Trump’s order to visa restrictions imposed in 2011 by then-President Barack Obama, which paused the processing of Iraqi refugees for six months after two of them were arrested in a failed attempt to send funding and weapons to al Qaeda in their home country.

This, in Conway’s telling, became a successful attack in Kentucky’s third-largest city — home to Western Kentucky University and the source of all Corvettes built since 1981.

“I bet it’s brand new information to people that President Obama had a six-month ban on the Iraqi refugee program after two Iraqis came here to this country, were radicalized and they were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre,” Conway told MSNBC’s Chris Matthews. “Most people don’t know that because it didn’t get covered.”

It didn't get covered because it wasn't real. It didn't happen.

Sen. Rand Paul, who lives in Bowling Green, made a similar claim Thursday night in another MSNBC interview, suggesting the men were charged in connection with an “attempted bombing.”

In fact, there was no massacre and there was no attempted bombing, and Justice Department officials said in 2012 that the two Iraqi nationals were never even accused of plotting an attack in the U.S.

The two men are currently serving life sentences for federal terrorism-related offenses in a plot against American troops in Iraq.

Look, I know a lot of you have a high tolerance for being lied to by the Trump administration, but for a senior White House figure to be cheerfully on television spouting out-and-out lies, does that not concern you just a little bit about what else they might be lying to you about?
edit on -06:00am09228America/ChicagoFri, 03 Feb 2017 08:09:35 -060033 by Painterz because: (no reason given)

+53 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

To be fair, she probably doesn't actually know that a Bowling Green Massacre never happened. That's just how that administration rolls... half cocked, fully ignorant.

+48 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Fake news!

Only not from who the administration always says it's from

This is a common theme w this administration, they make up thier own facts and trump supporters eat it up

Fast and loose at all times...

+34 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

As the South Park guys said, it's hard to compete with the Trump administration for sheer absurdity. I think Trump picked her for her looks ... it certainly wasn't for her depth of knowledge.

This was a planned interview, so she wasn't in a situation where she was ambushed by a question. She could have easily had staff do a little checking and lined up a nice point-by-point discourse instead of inventing things on the fly.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Her looks? She looks like a walking corpse! That face is terrifying to behold. I suspect it will go through a lot of changes before long.

But also, to be fair, the mention of this non-existent happening was very brief and listed amongst other things as well. Kinda picky to just latch on to that, but I get it too. Also, I still can't stand her demeanor.
edit on 3-2-2017 by gottaknow because: forgot to write about the thread as intended.

+23 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Bush had to lie us into Iraq. When that happened, and the people found out about it and were outraged, I thought "Well, they'll never get away with that again." But now I'm thinking, "Christ, they won't even need to lie that hard next time."

If Trump came out tomorrow and said "Iran has dropped a nuke on France", people would just buy it. They would denounce reality as the French Prime Minister gave press conference after press conference saying all was well within his country. And we would just ship our troops straight over there.

In the words of Justice Scolia: "Words no longer have meaning..."

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow

Her looks? She looks like a walking corpse! That face is terrifying to behold. I suspect it will go through a lot of changes before long.

I actually feel a little sorry for her... the photos I've seen of her may just be taken in a bad light but the woman looks stressed ...and somewhat anorexic.

But also, to be fair, the mention of this non-existent happening was very brief and listed amongst other things as well. Kinda picky to just latch on to that, but I get it too. Also, I still can't stand her demeanor.

The problem is, it's a selling point used to justify an unpopular move by Trump. Her other points were pretty weak, too.

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
You won't see any of Donny's worshipers in this thread

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
There are plenty of valid reasons to ban immigration from the Middle East.

There's no need to fabricate reasons.

+25 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
one of those evil terrorists that trump is protecting us from

www.cnn.com...

a four month hold baby who is coming here for needed heart surgery that might not live until the ban is ended...

can we at least put away the lies and hatred long enough to make an exception for her???

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
These days it seems that if not for fake news, there would be no news at all.

The Ministry Of Truth is on fire.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Now she's tweeting that she "misspoke" and meant Bowling Green Terrorists.

I actually believe that. She couldn't have thought she could make up a massacre and get away with it.

I think she's just totally stressed.

Imagine being one of the 2 point people that have to explain the goings on in the new Trump administration? She'll probably be dead before summer at this rate...

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Nice try at tugging on heart strings, but leaving out the emotional ploy, why does she have to come here specifically? There are many top rated heart surgery facilities all over the world. Why not go to one of them? England has the best heart surgeons in Europe. Why can't she go there?
The U.S. is not the only country with heart surgeons, but you'd never know it by the Liberals and the MSM.

www.patientsbeyondborders.com...

Cardiovascular surgery is well developed in all the major medical travel destinations, including Mexico, India, Malaysia, Taiwan, Singapore, Turkey, Thailand, and Korea. Medical travelers from the US and Canada are now enjoying increased opportunities for high-quality heart care in Mexico. A few years ago, Mexico had no JCI-accredited hospitals. It now has nine. North American health travelers no longer need travel long distances to find a highly skilled and qualified physician or surgeon practicing in a setting that meets JCI’s high standards. Colombia also offers choices in high-quality cardiovascular care, with large, specialized heart hospitals (e.g. Fundación Cardioinfantil in Bogotá) increasingly welcoming medical tourists in a safer travel environment.

can we at least put away the lies and hatred

I don't know. Can you?
edit on 3-2-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter
Now she's tweeting that she "misspoke" and meant Bowling Green Terrorists.

I actually believe that. She couldn't have thought she could make up a massacre and get away with it.

It is a pretty bizarre error.

I think she's just totally stressed.

Imagine being one of the 2 point people that have to explain the goings on in the new Trump administration? She'll probably be dead before summer at this rate...

I would tend to agree - or at least she looks very unhealthy. The Wikipedia article on her has images of her in 2016 (mid-campaign) and she doesn't have that haggard look that I saw in the photo earlier today. I also noted that she has a JD, so she's not unintelligent (as I uncharitably suggested.)

I wouldn't like to be in her position as Apologizer-In-Chief.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

she has family here?? ya know, grandparents, uncles and such...
besides, if it wasn't for our sanctions, it's possible that she might have not had to leave iran to get treatment at all.
but trump has made it clear that he wants special treatment for the christians in these countries....
do they deserve special treatment over a baby?? I thought life was sacred and we had to save the babies!

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

It's just so easy huh? The doctors that have planned out the surgery are in the US. It takes time to do that. Then there's the bureaucracy, the money...

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
There are plenty of valid reasons to ban immigration from the Middle East.

There's no need to fabricate reasons.

How dare you try to be a voice of reason in a sea of bleeding heart Liberal stupidity?
Maybe Trump should setup a Middle Eastern family sponsorship immigration policy?
If every Leftist in America wants refugees here, they can apply to have entire ME families come and live with them, they must be responsible for housing, clothing, feeding them, indoctrinating them to the ways of America...after being here for 3 years with Leftist sponsor families, they will be given citizenship.
I am sure all you guys will be ok with that, after all you guys want them here so badly, you will do anything it takes to have them here right?

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

As much as I dislike what Kellyanne does and as critical of the administration as I am, I will say that she's got a whole lot on her hands trying to spin all these things at once and quite possibly misspoke.

It would have been a little easier to brush off if she didn't embellish so much with the whole, "Most people don’t know that because it didn’t get covered" bit.

Oh well, I'm sure there will be plenty of other things that will supplant this as a topic of conversation in the near future. Probably today at the rate things have been going. It's hard to say how things will play out under the Trump Administration but the one thing that does seem certain is that it's going to be eventful.

Now to rush off to Twitter to make fun of Kellyanne Conway while this is still trending.

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Man, if I had to lie through my teeth as often as she has to, in order to make Trump and his gang of disgusting thieves, racists and bastards look like a serious political structure, then I would look stressed out as well.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSensible

Not defending Trump or Bush, but man, you sure skipped eight years in between where there were a LOT of "alternative facts" laid out in front of the American people in order to push a narrative and get legislation passed.

Come on, OP (and others with selective outcrying), this is a well-known tactic from all politicians and presidents--it's abhorrent and should not happen, but at the same time, this is why anyone paying attention must do their own digging into what is said and reported on from most main-stream sources and presidential administrations.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join