It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kellyanne Conway Invents Alternative-Fact Massacre To Justify Policy.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Yes!! T-shirts! Brilliant! Hats! "I survived the Bowling Green Massacre" And Bowling Green Massacre re-enactments! Now we're talking. Groups could make some $ off this.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: RazorV66

Yeah I don't get it, not 1 volunteer. I wonder why that is?
I don't put any stock in what those "celebrities" have to say, they are so far out of touch with reality they will never make it back.

I would go as far as to say ......
Only those who have already personally sponsored an immigrant/refugee are
in a position to pass judgement on those who want controlled immigration.
You would be able to hear a pin drop ..... in the ensuing silence.
I would venture to suggest that not everybody who does a charitable deed chooses to talk about it. In fact, isn't there a biblical admonition against it? I also know that corporations will often discourage the recipients of charity from them not to talk about it, lest they be overwhelmed by requests.

So...absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, eh?

link   
a reply to: desert

See, if people work together you can get sh$t done

link   
A perfectly planned trigger event.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
So, she said massacre instead of terrorist. She was not promoting alternative facts.

Oh, fer cryin' out loud...she lied and she got called on it. If that is going to make you sad every time it happens, the next little while is going to be awfully hard on you!

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Sad? Who said anything about sad? She said something then corrected it. The story is true.

abcnews.go.com...

However every jackhole with a hard on for Trump will do the same thing and make it look like something it is not.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

. "How did a person who we detained in Iraq -- linked to an IED attack, we had his fingerprints in our government system -- how did he walk into America in 2009?"

Yea these two refugees were terrorist and known about beforehand.
This was calculated. Trump does this all the time. Create a lie so the media will research and disprove it, but the facts they uncover are actually the points Trump & co were actually focused on.

They were involved in a massacre of US soldiers in Iraq.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
a reply to: matafuchs

. "How did a person who we detained in Iraq -- linked to an IED attack, we had his fingerprints in our government system -- how did he walk into America in 2009?"

Yea these two refugees were terrorist and known about beforehand.
This was calculated. Trump does this all the time. Create a lie so the media will research and disprove it, but the facts they uncover are actually the points Trump & co were actually focused on.

They were involved in a massacre of US soldiers in Iraq.
Does it actually cause any discomfort to twist one's self into such knots so that a lie becomes an alternate truth? Or does it just ooze of its own accord?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

I think she had half baked information and ran her mouth with it. It was a careless mistake but I will give her the benefit of the doubt as an honest one. She is existing within an environment where truth is negligible, so careful fact checking is a waste of time in that culture. She got called on it, and she will likely be more careful in the future...

For a few weeks anyway.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

It's a lie no doubt, a blatant lie. Too easy to debunk. It gets opposition to read the article debunking Conway's comment lowering their emotional defenses, The article admitting that the vetting process did not work in that situation.

Does it cause you any discomfort that you believe the people who beat Clinton and Soros are that stupid?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Going back to the OP

It should make one wonder how much BS they're being fed.

Current White House occupiers seem to create paranoid scenarios in their heads.... in the old days it was the Communists (the derangement of John Birch Society members, whom W F Buckley Jr warned his party not to feed after midnight) and now its Bannon's ‘Islamic States of America’. It's not hard for them to imagine a "massacre".
edit on 3-2-2017 by desert because: grammar

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
Does it cause you any discomfort that you believe the people who beat Clinton and Soros are that stupid?

Let us just say that I am not at all comfortable with having to accept certain truths that I had previously doubted.
Which doesn't answer your question. But then again, it does.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'd be fully willing to say she mispoke if she had just said "Bowling Green Massacre" instead of "Bowling Green Terrorists" at some point in her interview.

But she specifically said the storyline that the two terrorists came over, were "radicalized here", and "carried out the Bowling Green Massacre."
edit on 3-2-2017 by trb71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Which paranoid scenario?

The one where secret service says they will not protect him? The one where someone 'outside' the WH is leaking private calls by the POTUS? Is it the one where we know for a fact that are active terror cells in the US? Is it the one where the Democrats are effectively blocking his cabinet process like at no time in history to provide him the tools he needs?

Those are all facts.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I got to admit this is a silly "alternative-fact" or "slip-up" or whatever it may be.. without doing any research and only using memory I could've sworn there was a massacre.. or some type of shooting at a bowling alley. Still pretty silly of her to make such a mistake lol.. because obviously that's what it was.. if she in fact knew it didn't happen I don't think the Trump administration is bold enough to just lie like that knowing it's so easily refutable..

Another amusing thing is the people that have been missing from all the other threads came to flock to this one quick..

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: trb71
I'd be fully willing to say she mispoke if she had just said "Bowling Green Massacre" instead of "Bowling Green Terrorists" at some point in her interview.

But she specifically said the storyline that the two terrorists came over, were "radicalized here", and "carried out the Bowling Green Massacre."

Exactly this.

Have to say though, as a non American so therefore no axe to grind (and it isn't one of ours for once) this is one of those moments when you crack another beer, reach for more popcorn and try REALLY hard not to fall off the seat laughing.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Come on you guys..really?
Aren't you guys being just a bit disingenuous?
I didn't watch the video, I really don't care about what she said, whether it was a flat out lie or just a slip up.
Are you Leftists and Leftist sympathizers really gonna throw down every time there is something like this in the next 8 years?
Let me remind you of some of the whoppers told by your failed King Obama, and these are just ones that came direct from the hole beneath his nose, not to mention all the thousands of other times his minions told whoppers.
www.politifact.com...

So come on folks, make ATS great again. Jump on the Trump train, where even Leftists with severely deranged mental problems can ride. All of us Trumpsters will help you.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
She misspoke, which she admitted. Her point was that two Iraqis came to the US, were radicalized, and then were charged with terrorist related crimes (which she mistakenly called the Bowlingreen Massacre), justifying the argument of the executive order. Of course the press and their parrots focus on the mistake while disregarding the entire argument.

Continuum Fallacy
Red Herring

You're all guilty, and you used it as a reason to be defamatory and sexist.
edit on 3-2-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Really? over 90 newspapers reported it? There are approximately 1300 papers across the US. About 7% of circulated papers.

Fact is that this was never the lead story for a week on CNN or any of the other controlled media. There was as terror attack at a college and an airport recently and they were in the news cycle for hours. Not days. Not weeks. Hours.

What should worry you is that in 2013 there was as problem and for 3 more years they poured in.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well at least one good thing came out of her mistake, intentional or not.

The under-reported Bowling Green terrorists story is finally getting the attention it deserves and is being promoted by millions of refugee terrorism deniers on social media!

edit on 3-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join