It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kellyanne Conway Invents Alternative-Fact Massacre To Justify Policy.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
why hasn't she been sacked yet?

In a normal... well, what Americans have been used to as a normal administration.... she would have, but this is not a normal administration.
edit on 3-2-2017 by desert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Yeah I don't get it, not 1 volunteer. I wonder why that is?

Probably because you're not aware of the organizations out there that do exactly that, including the Catholic Charities - they also help immigrants and refugees find medical care and even things like wheelchairs for the elderly. They work with Habitat For Humanity (you remember that President Carter volunteers with them) to help refugees find furnishings and clothing. At the college where I teach volunteers offer free immersive English classes for new immigrants, teaching them how to interact with doctors (or even people at the grocery store.)

Although it's more a liberal thing than anything else, a lot of conservatives support this.

So, yes, folks are doing this exact thing you suggest. Look around your community and you might see it in action.
edit on 3-2-2017 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

I don't put any stock in what those "celebrities" have to say, they are so far out of touch with reality they will never make it back.

I would go as far as to say ......

Only those who have already personally sponsored an immigrant/refugee are

in a position to pass judgement on those who want controlled immigration.

You would be able to hear a pin drop ..... in the ensuing silence.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Bull, show in history were that has been a requirement for any?
And NO ONE is asking for uncontrolled immigration..drama.
Lots of Syrians in our area..they are welcome to be here.
edit on 3-2-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

you guy's need a strong 3rd option

Here's the thing Americans, let alone non-Americans, don't understand about our system. The founding leaders set it up for two party rule, which has worked up until very recently, when one party became a faction (something our founding leaders warned about) and threw the US into parliamentary mode without means to compromise.

Our structure is not set up for third plus party. To do so requires major overhaul (Constitution and voting system), not just merely allowing a third party to debate onstage.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: RazorV66

I don't put any stock in what those "celebrities" have to say, they are so far out of touch with reality they will never make it back.

I would go as far as to say ......

Only those who have already personally sponsored an immigrant/refugee are

in a position to pass judgement on those who want controlled immigration.

You would be able to hear a pin drop ..... in the ensuing silence.

Like Catholic Charities, for instance, that denounced Trump's policy?

Northhampton City Council (which does want them in their back yard)

...etc.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
But the Bowling Green massacre did happen exactly like she said it happened. All you have to do is close your eyes, click your heels three times and believe. It works for Trump supporters it will work for you too.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

My opinion on the matter is emotional strings shouldn't be tugged in order to manipulate an opinion out of someone, even the good emotions like compassion. I really believe people should be allowed to come to their own opinions without outside manipulation of any kind.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

It came after Iraqi natives Waad Ramadan Alwan and Mohanad Shareef Hammadi were arrested on charges of attempting to send weapons and money to Iraq to support al-Qaeda there. They also admitted using homemade bombs against US troops when they lived in Iraq.

The pair lived in Bowling Green, Kentucky - but were never accused of planning or attempting to carry out an attack in the US. Both are still in prison.

From the BBC. www.bbc.com...

Sounds like she just said the wrong word, and as with everything trump... its made into something its not.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

I've been dying laughing all morning about this. I grew up about 30 miles from Bowling Green, and I woke up to a bunch of text messages from my friends haha.

It's amazing how stupid the people in this administration are. And how they believe they can just make things up and not be called out on it.

But when people call it out, it's "whining", right?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

Both parties clearly to blame..sometimes you need to tear something down to build something better.
Very tough thing to do, I would agree.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

She went out of her way to make it sound like an attack that was hushed up!!

I actually feel for her, she is looking a bit worn out.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

No. Both are not to blame. I will leave it at that and say no more, because this is not the thread topic. But follow link to understand about our special situation.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Was the original news about the 2 iraqi bowling green terrorists hushed up?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The two men are currently serving life sentences for federal terrorism-related offenses in a plot against American troops in Iraq.

This makes me wonder if something really wasn't hushed up for intelligence purposes. hmm... Maybe there are things we didn't know then that we know now. Did she let something slip out?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

And therein lies the problem..imo
I will look at the link
Peace

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

This was a planned interview, so she wasn't in a situation where she was ambushed by a question. She could have easily had staff do a little checking and lined up a nice point-by-point discourse instead of inventing things on the fly.

I don't think the truth matters.

And I think those of Trump's administration know that.

Their supporters are going to eat up what ever they serve.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

I seem to recall it. Cannot be positive though.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

It IS funny!
Now Bowling Green will forever be known as the site of the "Bowling Green Massacre". Suggest to your friends to set up a memorial to this event. lol "On 2/3/2017 the Bowling Green Massacre, which never happened, was brought to the attention of the world."

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

T-shirts

How about : I survived Bowling Green and all I got was this lousy shirt!

edit on 3-2-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join