It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyes Wide Shut, Scientology, & Vivian Kubrick - The Conspiracy

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dragoon01

originally posted by: Willtell
I have a conspiracy theory regarding EWS and K, but I don’t seriously defend it and won’t.

I think some conspiracy theories are just that, theories, and should not be defended too much--- since there just possibilities.

In this case, I rely on the title to suggest it is the basis of K’s indulgence here in conspiracy, since the EWS title is so enticing.

I think Kubrick had to be a part of some secret society IF he was doing secret messaging in EWS.

That’s why it’s important to investigate his history, get a good biography of him, I would suggest to any one espousing a deep message in EWS.

A person can’t easily hide there associations with occult thinking and groups

That’s the Achilles heel in the Kubrick conspiracy theorists gang, the fact that K can’t be associated with any occult groups or out-of-the-box thinking

I think you are discounting the possibility that Kubrick was Dr. Harford in the movie. In other words like many artists he was creating from the vantage point of himself within the medium. He was putting into film a version of something he experienced in his life. That's not suggesting that he had a brush with infidelity or even a cult with the specific aspects of the one in the film, its to say that he was himself blind to what was taking place within specific circles. That it was only when he was briefly exposed to some aspect of it that he had his eyes open and began to see many manifestations of the hidden world. This hidden society that normal everyday people do not know exists.
This is why this resonates so clearly on so many levels.

It is revealed truth. Truth so profound that it cannot be unlearned. Once you know it, it completely changes your mindset and your worldview. Kubrick does not have to be PART of a society, he does not have to be included in the inner workings in order to be exposed to it. He was a force in Hollywood. There cant be any doubt that if a secret society exists within Hollywood that Kubrick could have easily been exposed to it. Its possible that he rejected it. Its possible that he heard rumors and stories but that he then saw something that confirmed that the stories were at least in part true. That's all that he needed in order to set him in a direction of teaching himself the symbolism of the occult and beginning to see it all around him.

I totally agree, I only suggested Kubrick might have had some affinity towards occultism in his life he cant hide or indeed, as you suggest, some experience with it.

But, again, this movie is so pregnant with meaning on so many occult levels that either K and EWS has some deep synchronicity going on, or Kubrick is a secret adept, or some where between these polarities.

One thing people don’t get into much are the symbols on the feminine aspect in that movie, the Goddess theme, which are legion in the flick.

The dozen women dancing around in that circle, the many other statuesque ladies in the movie, including of course Nicole Kidman.

This theme is neglected in research as far as I've seen

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: Willtell

Why did Kubrick title this EYES WIDE SHUT?

Honestly, I always thought of it as a catchy oxymoron.

(I've got it in my Netflix queue now btw)

I hope you enjoy it and get out of it somewhat of what we fanatics see in it.

But of course, don’t let us influence you see what your eyes reveal, or reveal what your eyes see

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

But of course, don’t let us influence you see what your eyes reveal, or reveal what your eyes see

Too late! lol.

Of course, seeing it through your eyes is part of the appeal to me now..
(In fact I will probably reread your and CW's posts before I watch it again.)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
There's been an interesting development.

A new Eyes Wide Shut documentary is in pre-production. The project is called SK13 for Stanley Kubrick's Thirteenth Film.

LINK

Now Kubrick’s final film will be studied in a new documentary. Per Variety, Tony Zierra, who recently helmed the documentary Filmworker about longtime Kubrick associate Leon Vitali, will direct SK13, an inside look at the making of Eyes Wide Shut. “The one movie that I feel is the wrinkle in Kubrick’s filmography is Eyes Wide Shut,” Zierra said. “The people that love him always say, ‘He’s a genius, but I’m not sure what the hell that movie was about.'”

This won’t be the first time a documentary has attempted to grapple with one of Kubrick’s films. Rodney Ascher’s Room 237 attempted to explore and dissect several wild theories that surrounded Kubrick’s adaptation of Stephen King’s The Shining. Something tells me SK13 won’t be as extreme or strange as that, though. No release date for the doc has been announced yet, but in the meantime, why not head over to Netflix and stream Eyes Wide Shut? It’s Christmas setting will start getting you into the inevitable holiday spirit. Well, if your idea of holiday spirit is a little depraved…

edit on 10/27/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Kubrick didn't make many films if EWS was the 13th. Though in most greatest directors polls he always in the top 10.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

He has one of the greatest film canons. It's limited but rich in quality.

Anyways, it's interesting to see this movie gaining so much interest now almost 18 years later.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I found an excerpt from a recent interview with Gary Oldman telling the story of how Harvey Keitel was originally casted as Victor Zeigler in Eyes Wide Shut, before Sydney Pollack.

The story goes, Kubrick was shooting Keitel walking through a door and actually made him do 68 takes... of him just walking through a door. Frustrated with Kubrick's lack of explanation along with excruciatingly repetitive takes, Keitel just throws his hands up and says I'm out of here, you're #ing crazy!.

Totally believable, given Kubrick's reputation on the set of The Shining with Shelly Duvall, Jack Nicholson, & Scatman Crothers.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
No conspiracy here...

Pretty simple exploration of the concept of the deadly sin, lust. At what point does adultery occur, in a thought, or in action?

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Full Metal Jacket "Animal Mother" vid, couldn't get it to load.

Up to 2:20 use of symbolic mystic architecture. There are some other things that may be in context with that in conjunction with script ect.
edit on 11-3-2018 by Logarock because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Hey up there.....Aunt Bea is lookin mean

December 25 is not really a sun date....

it's when the group caravan of travelers from East of Jerusalem.....on their camels.....i guess......found the new king and had a get together with the parents.....gave em some historical.......beginning of the epoch.....Royal gifts.

i know alot huh.....that marking of the world Kingship come in the flesh is worth a celebration through time immemorial

well done thread , babe....so well done
edit on 11-3-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Yes but its really an attempt at humor or a form of a sardonic use of the icon, not against the icon mind you, but against the things the icon may trigger. Simplicity, country small town virtue, Barn, Andy and Goober drifting off the farm as it were toward some big city "Literature" as it were. Clear to some, others blinded by the triggers. lol

Anyway, what you mention about the human birth of the King of Kings and his guest probably dont confront the face that December 25 is really we well observed day a long time before Christ birth.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

The director as a whole, to expand to Full Metal, May be the most anti American in the Nam war movie made. Stan doesn't use a preachy liberal whine sort of approach but he does accentuate stereotype and mixes same into the general uneasiness of everything involved. He goes deep into the race dynamic but only for windows or opening in time as it were, in really what amounts to an ongoing context throughout, once the film shifts to the war involvement. In fact Stan makes fun of american troops and mentality without trying to bait the point. Enough for now.

edit on 15-3-2018 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Interesting video I just wanted to share

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

The video is interesting, although it failed to point out anything new to my research.

I have two really nagging problems with this video:

#1 No mention of Vivian Kubrick.
#2 Where is the source for this claim that Warner Bros had 24 minutes removed from the film?

Warner Bros. official statement was that they used subtle CGI overlays during the orgy scene in order to obscure the (implied) X rated behavior taking place. This way they didn't actually remove any footage, they only censored specific nudity within the orgy scene in order to obtain an R rating. Furthermore if there was an entire scene removed from the film (as suggested by the video's narrator), one would surely be able to reference it in the screen play, no? Perhaps not, as the final film had very much deviated from the screen play.

As I've stated several pages back, the idea that Kubrick was murdered for revealing illuminati secrets is pretty asinine when you take into consideration the fact that as time has progressed, the film has done nothing but generate interest in the so called illuminati.

There were a few other inconsistencies and conflations that were too trivial to mention. For the most part, the video is on (or near) target with its speculative theories, but nothing new or original was gleaned from it, at least not to me.

I think that incorporating Vivian into the grand scheme of things seems to tie together some loose ends where other conspiracy theories fall short.

Glad to see y'all are still checking up on this thread.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Thanks for that; points noted. - It came across my youtube "feed" and I thought I'd post it.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Nice work. Very interesting and weird stuff.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

How do you know ?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: YourBro95

How do you NOT know?

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Laurent Vachaud tweeted:

EYES WIDE SHUT as a Christmas comedy.

This thread reminded me of your excellent Eyes Wide Shut thread:

Weird Christmas Eve... Strange phone call

So I decided to bump it via this thread:

Bump Your Favorite ATS Threads As A Christmas Present For Other Members And Lurkers To Discover!

Merry Christmas!

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I found this vid last night concerning Eyes Wide Shut. Scene is in the Rainbow shop.
This guy seems to make a pizza connection that I don't remember ever being mentioned in this thread or any thread or any video. Pizza as in pedophilia!

I'm curious to find the missing 22 minutes of film that was cut just before the release of this movie. Perhaps it will never be seen. I could have swore the first time I saw this movie that when Wendy stepped forth at the crazy bizzar ritual party and said, "leave him alone, take me", that Tom Cruise either imagined in his mind a sword coming down on her neck or that it really happened that way in the movie but was a very short scene that didn't dwell on the sacrifice but a second. I've never seen that scene again in any version of the movie.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join