It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I LEARN REAL magick? Amazon?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Thanks for some of the replies. Since few people have posted with actual book titles I should read or recommended where else to learn I guess I'll stick with my plan to buy books from amazon (along with the suggested books from posters)

Where else should I look if I wish to learn magick?

I'm having a hard time seeing the bigger picture here.

Ordinary magic
Chaos magic
What else is there?

Telepathy
Clairvoyance
What else is there?

Spell books that work-where can I buy these books from?
edit on 10-1-2017 by gell1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

One must guess that you have had no interest in such phenomena as the scientifically proven ability of Remote Viewing, haven't studied the field, and believes any talk that the CIA and the twenty years, plus, of active US Army work in that area is all BS.

Most of us would consider that ability as magic. However, we don't exactly know what is going on without discarding a great deal of conventional thinking about physics and at the same time, allowing that quantum physics may have a bearing, but we can accept the resulting data of such work. If seemingly magical, Remote Viewing, is magic by common standards (that assessment will be revised in future times and already late arriving as you illustrate).

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
What I've learned over the years is that if you use magic for spells even if they are used for good you must pay now that could mean anything but it can include loss of family and Illnesses.
a reply to: gell1234

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Magic an Occult primer by David Conway is a good book to start off with

edit on 10-1-2017 by angrymob because: spelling mistake

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Some books are good, like your basic Magus by Francis Barret, but before you try anything, i must say, that there are more than one mistakes in the protective circles, for example. (not a good thing at all)

Best way is to throw yourself in to the abyss, and do not worry, you might see and learn things, or go absolutely bonkers.

I feel that the best way to learn, is by shamanic ways. they are the oldest and best preserved methods.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
stop being a child and grow up
magick isnt real
well magick isnt real on this dimension

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Could someone reply to my post on the top of this page please?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

-Lack of knowledge and stupidity- is the only way, to get into paranormal and occult, there is no other way,
Unless you have been born in some village in the jungle or somewhere in Siberia.

-Edit, that`s when the real learning begins, when you have to figure out how to send that evil frog demon back to where it came!

edit on 10-1-2017 by solve because: Demons! so many demons!

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

BUBBLE

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

-Lack of knowledge and stupidity- is the only way, to get into paranormal and occult, there is no other way,
Unless you have been born in some village in the jungle or somewhere in Siberia.

-Edit, that`s when the real learning begins, when you have to figure out how to send that evil frog demon back to where it came!

Now you have my attention......frog demon.... have you met HIM?

I know about this demon on a personal basis and I will not let the cat out of the bag until you answer..... so how do you know him?

If you have met please describe him .....

edit on 10-1-2017 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Haha! good one,

You can not let the cat out in a place like this, it is not allowed in this realm, or in the others.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Haha! good one,

You can not let the cat out in a place like this, it is not allowed in this realm, or in the others.

So I guess you were joking about this frog demon, is that correct?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

You are of course "in your own mind" correct. Don't expect any other serious searcher to buy your kool-aid

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

nce they were in my library for about a year then things started to happen in my house. Cat ran off, dog freaking out daily, seeing things, hearing things.... not just me but family and friends as well. Then I decide to burn those books with diesel and those books would NOT burn

It sounds to me that you actually did more than "just have these books in the library"

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

So I guess you were joking about this frog demon, is that correct?

The frog demon is no joke.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: darknewt

even if they are used for good you must pay now that could mean anything but it can include loss of family and Illnesses.

You couldn't be more wrong

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Just a few things:

1. Almost every book on Amazon dealing with magic or the occult is not going to help you at all. However, all the books on being a magician or using illusions is quite entertaining. Now, if you want to understand the practice, you could look to some of the books on theology or history of the occult.

2. You never really stated why you want to get into this: Most people don't just go in "because I want to learn". What is your motivation or purpose for learning?

3. Almost any book that is somewhat serious about the occult will usually have some kind of ritual that needs to be done. True, you could copy out the symbols in the books, but until you give it intent, it's just a symbol; it won't do anything.

Usually, with books like the Goetia, people tend to skip to the symbols. If you read the other books that come before it, they tell you how to cleanse yourself before using the symbols for what they are. You want to cleanse yourself before any major workings, to prevent any ill coming back on you.

4. There is a price to pay when doing things this way: You use any spell for "selfish things" (IE: Getting rich), and it will come back to bite you in some form.

5. Keep Your Expectations Realistic!. This is not the comics, where you cast a spell and Cthulhu immediately appears in front of you taking out your enemies. Same goes for psychic abilities: You will not be able to fly, throw cars, etc. I know someone that used to think saying a simple phrase would cause their enemy to suffer.

6. Intent is key, as is energy. Think about this: Why is it that a cross seems to be the remedy for protection against spirits (in general + popular culture)? To a spiritual degree - That person believes that the cross (giving it energy) contains the power to vanquish evil, and thus carries it around to keep them safe from evil (intent).

Part of most magic systems out there is belief: When something tells you to do a ritual before casting the spell, it's not there to hinder you: As you follow the ritual, that energy you put into the ritual (in theory) is the energy used to bring the spell to focus.

For example (indulging into my foolish teen years), I copied something out of a book to help me accomplish something. I started by making sure I understood what the symbol actually meant. I then "blessed" a piece of paper by submerging it in water (water), then submerging it in salt (earth), slowly dried it in the heat of a candle (fire), and finally waved it around to get rid of any remaining salt (air). I traced the symbol, imagining that every line glowed with a blue light (energy), and all while tracing focused on what I wanted it to help me with (intent).

Needless to say, it worked (and, like most things of its kind: Burned me back). Now, if I didn't go through that lengthy process (which took a week), it wouldn't have worked at all, or would have only slightly worked.

I don't indulge much by those books anymore - I've found over the years it's better for me to focus my energies elsewhere.

-fossilera

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: gell1234
I am getting into the paranormal.

There's no real magic.

The closest thing is demonology.

You want to go there, check out OTO.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
if you are just starting in paranormal research, I suggest starting with Hanz Holtzer books. Very informative, this is true parapsychology research done out of Duke university. Then branch to what you like from there. His books will give you a good handle on whats what.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I don't understand, a few of you are saying that books from amazon won't work....I have a few £ left over and wanted to learn magick/the occult.

What should I do?

You must be able to buy good books online somewhere?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join