It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask her out for cripes sake TrueBrit...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Just leaving this little nugget

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Heh...

At the next appropriate juncture, I am going to have to have a word with her anyway. Friends of ours are making a big deal out of things and getting het up on my behalf, out of concern for me. I have already told some of my friends to stow their concern, that I am not in danger from anyone but myself.

It's strange. My friends are used to relying on my wisdom, but they have a hard time trusting it when it's only my arse on the line.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Heh...

At the next appropriate juncture, I am going to have to have a word with her anyway. Friends of ours are making a big deal out of things and getting het up on my behalf, out of concern for me. I have already told some of my friends to stow their concern, that I am not in danger from anyone but myself.

It's strange. My friends are used to relying on my wisdom, but they have a hard time trusting it when it's only my arse on the line.

I will offer one more post on this and not something I feel happy about and something I am sure that you have at least considered...

Get yourself on some online dating sites and line up a couple of dates, firstly it will be good for you and secondly you can judge how she feels based on her true reactions and avoid making a possible tit of yourself....

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I will offer one more post on this and not something I feel happy about and something I am sure that you have at least considered...

Get yourself on some online dating sites and line up a couple of dates, firstly it will be good for you and secondly you can judge how she feels based on her true reactions and avoid making a possible tit of yourself....

Yes, and when you do get a date make sure you 'pregame' so you are not overly excitable by the merest glimpse of her frock exposing her ankle.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Already considered that.

All three tenths of a second of cogitation on the matter were terrible.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Talk about your peer pressure. How are you holding up to it, man? Ready to cave and ask her out?

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This is the funniest thread i've ever viewed in my entire life.

holy crap~

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Just do it my friend! You never know how it will work out. My fiance and I met at the store she works at. As time went on and I began to get feelings for her, I started working up the nerve to ask her for her number. I was sure she was way out od y league and that I didn't stand s chance.

One day I was talking to her on her break and she handed me a piece of paper with her number on it. She has told me since then that she gave it to me because she got sick of waiting for me to ask her for it. Talk about a pleasant surprise!

For all you know, your hopefully future lady is waiting and wondering when you're going to make a move. Take the initiative, unlike i did
Good luck!

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Funny, poignant or anywhere else in the spectrum..
the girl likes cutlery, and is capable of twisting the Brit
around her little whatever she pleases. As such apparent-
ly little is in order or required for chivalrous maintenance.
Besides I've got an aversion to fencing with anything
bigger and heavier than my leg, BWAHAhaaa.

There is, I detect a novel dynamic at play here: that must
be researched and mutually capitalized upon, slow and
carefully. It's not quite defusing a dud 250-pounder as much
as the REAL dynamite it could be in the right circumstances.

The only way to know it's right is to risk doing something
wrong. But I'm an old guy, and believe tolerance trumps hot.
NOT. Gently but diligently keep knocking on the door, mister.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
for the TrueBrit

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Oh dear. Your language. It has the tells. You are dead meat. Say goodbye to your last days.

Cheers,

edit on 29-11-2016 by Dan00 because:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hre you go NS , hope this helps .

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 29-11-2016 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Bugger , a double .
edit on 29-11-2016 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Damn bro! If you just speak to her with words like that, it should be impossible for her to resist. Stay strong, and disclose nothing else to all of us! Just go out and do your thing, and then keep it all to yourself and troll us good.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
TrueBrit, in the 7 years I have been a member here, I have read a lot of things that frustrated me and made me want to rant. The worst of it was reading what happened to you and your family. I get your reasoning, I really do, but dude... it sounds to me like what she needs in her life is for you to make the first move.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I told Trubrit go for it - with those clips are you trying to put him off women for life - he did mention he likes metal music!!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

We shall see.

I texted her yesterday, to see whether we could meet up, but shes busy this week, which is odd in and of itself, since she has called me to ask if I wanted to hang out on a few occasions, even WELL after midnight a couple of times. Hardly inspiring this, the change in her willingness to hang.

I am very concerned you know, that her friend may have suggested that she stop inviting me places, to prevent me getting the wrong idea. Of course, for me to assume that any of the friendship that she has expressed toward me, is an invitation to anything else, would require that I had an ego of the normal, healthy variety. I must say that I have very probably NOT got the wrong idea. I know exactly how fundamentally futile my feelings are, but they need airing, precisely because if her friends, or my friends for that matter, continue to flit about under the impression that she is doing something to me, or that I am somehow going to get really weird about things (more weird than normal, I should say) it is going to cause a change in our friendship which I would not appreciate at all. I love my friends, but they can be entirely counterproductive when it comes to looking after me, bless them.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Speaking, purely, from a woman's perspective.

If someone cared for me, I would want to know even if it changed things somewhat. I would want to know that I meant so much to someone. Perhaps she isn't inclined romantically toward you but, if she's not I'm hoping that it won't change your relationship for the negative.

I wouldn't feel too awkward if it is not reciprocated, in either direction. Folks feel what they feel. You could still remain friends and perhaps even become stronger for it.

I am still friends with most of my exes. We have come up through life together laughing and crying and the past romance is just that, the past. We cared for each other deeply at one time and because the romance is gone, doesn't mean the reasons that we liked each other initially left as well.

Just more unsolicited advice, my friend.
Good luck!

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Perhaps.

Perhaps not. This is why I did not want to say anything at all. Did not want to risk it, still do not. The boat unrocked floats well enough. Unfortunately, besides the occupants, there are waves coming in from other realms, to conquer which will require some teamwork, which in turn requires communication.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

So...

As it turns out, I now know exactly what she thinks about it, and we have not had to have a conversation about it either.

A while back, in September, an Internet friend of mine to whom I had spoken about this, took it into their head to go behind my back and speak to the lady concerned to establish some idea of the lay of the land. I have just found this out, and it explains an awful lot. It explains how she knew I had feelings for her well enough, to consider talking about it with one of her close friends.

I had no idea this conversation between my friend and her self had taken place, not in the least, until tonight.

I also have yet another moment to add to the scrap book of "Ways I Hate To Be Proven Right". The response, while lovely in its own way, was precisely what I expected. She does not like me that way, but thinks very highly of me indeed. So all this bloody time, all this time I was worried about keeping my mouth shut, and someone had already pulled the pin. Now I get to be sad AND angry! Life's rich tapestry just gets better with every God damned stitch.
edit on 29-11-2016 by TrueBrit because: Added detail.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join