It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask her out for cripes sake TrueBrit...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Get to stepping or take a bike. Best of luck, bro!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Its not though.

Thats just the thing. That is the difficult thing about all this. If odds were even, I would risk it. But they are not, and she is under enough stress as it is, without having to try and let me down without the wings falling off. It would not be the right thing to do to mention it right now. Shes a warrior, and I love that about her, but I am not going to interrupt her healing time from whatever monsters shes been fighting, in order to cause her to have a reaction which will no doubt tire her, and make her uncomfortable with our friendship for a period...

What kind of cad would do that?

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Ah so the plot thickens..

Well my friend use your wisdom and judgement. Timing is key. But don't wait too long!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Shes not mine. Shes hers!

Damn... Shes amazing. She likes reading up about pathology and psychopathology, appreciates bladed objects deeply, loves music, film and reads extensively, and thinks deeply about things. She has a wicked sense of humour. She is also as hard as the mountains to the north, and as beautiful as the stars in the sky, even when full of wrath and fury, even when tired and worn, in every single way an admirable and powerful force in the world. She shines like a beacon when lit by things she likes, has a smile that could swallow the sun, which is none the less one of the cutest things I have ever seen on the Earth.

She is also quite a particular lady, but has some...ways about her that mean that she and I would not be an ideal match. She likes men that work out, and I hold that men work, boys work out. She likes things that I do not in terms of bedroom mechanics, and she is younger than me by a bit, which means that unlike me, she is not obsolete in todays world of dating, which I have never well understood, or legitimately been a part of. She has a bad back, and issues with her ex, which though lesser issues than they once were, are not done with, and she needs her space in any case as a result of that.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
If I may share some advice from a knackered up over 50 year old bloke that has been around and had my own share of lifes ups and downs mate :

That lady knows you are there for her... Just go for it... Let your differences float into the night sky and mingle together...

She is waiting for you to make the first move and invite her our for fish n chips or a decent curry/chinky or whatever...

Learn this song and whisper it into her ear when you have paid the bill at Harry Ramsdens, Alis Tandoori or the Kuntontung restaurant :

Right... back to barfing at horrid Youtube videos.

Ps. Once the marriage is on I can bring some cheap plonk from France and a couple of scratched Black Sabbath and Cliff Richard records for the disco afterwards if you like... UNLESS you are REALLY into Donny Osmond...

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Its not though.

Thats just the thing. That is the difficult thing about all this. If odds were even, I would risk it. But they are not, and she is under enough stress as it is, without having to try and let me down without the wings falling off. It would not be the right thing to do to mention it right now. Shes a warrior, and I love that about her, but I am not going to interrupt her healing time from whatever monsters shes been fighting, in order to cause her to have a reaction which will no doubt tire her, and make her uncomfortable with our friendship for a period...

edit on 28-11-2016 by Lagomorphe because: REALLY crap grammar...

edit on 28-11-2016 by Lagomorphe because: More crap grammar

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Its not though.

I'm really struggling to hold back the contents of my stomach after reading such a sweet paragraph.

You do what you think is best, I'm just here to egg you on

-Alee

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I understand. It must be so hard though being just friends when you wish it could be more. Life has some strange twists and turns, so who knows, you may end up together after all. In any case, I wish you all the best!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

A friend of mine, local to me.

I could walk from where I live, to where she lives in about half an hour, maybe more if there is a headwind.

if you ask her, the answer could very well be an enthusiastic yes. but if you don't ask, the answer will definitely always be no...unless she asks you first, but its less impressive if you wait for her make the first move. good luck!
edit on 28-11-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Hey now...

I have already shared with her my culinary talents. I made pulled pork on a bed of fries with melted cheese, and we ate it right out of the pan, washed it down with a bottle of plonk, while watching The Young Ones lol!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

Whats the worst that can happen? She says no? Then your back to square one.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Well, actually, depending on how she reacts to it, potentially a friend.

I do not like the idea of losing those, if I can help it worth a damn.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

pulled pork on a bed of fries with melted cheese, and we ate it right out of the pan, washed it down with a bottle of plonk, while watching The Young Ones lol!

My dear sir...

May I suggest that what goes on... or went on in the boudoir stays in the boudoir?

What in cripes sake is pulled pork? I have this horrid mental image right now of something that I wish not to describe on these forums as may go against T and Cs...

I shall be back in 8 or so hours...

Time to dowload some Young ones here and see if that ripens up some of the long winter days and weeks to come with Mrs Lags and myself...

Warmest respects

Lags

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

You know full well that pulled pork is pork which has been roasted to a tenderness, which allows it to be pulled apart, often including some sort of smokey flavour being added or cooked in at some point. Tis a marvellous consumable!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I read "she shines like bacon" not beacon. Haha.
I'm jelous now she sounds amazing. You are catch TrueBrit I wish you all the best in what ever you chose to do with this lust.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

I read "she shines like bacon" not beacon.

Bahahaha! I do that a lot when I'm reading quickly through something, or at first glance. It can be quite comical mixing things up like that.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Keep being the amazing friend that you are and things can fall into place in time.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Don't listen to that coyote cad !

Resist man, resist !

In the meantime, here's a couple songs to get stuck in your head:

How you're feeling right now:

And this is what you need to say when the time is right:

*snicker snicker*

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Go for it mate! You only live once! đź‘Ť

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I think you're right to be cautious, you seem to know you two might be too different... but as a rule, if you're friends there is a potential for more. Keep your eyes open. Look for signals from her.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Not sure of the full back story here but will break one of my most serious rules and get involved in someone else's love life.

You have had a rough time this past few years yet you are in your own words a viking of sorts.

That said simply point out to said fair maiden that you require someone of the female persuasion to stand valliently by your side, someone to overcome great odds with, to fight for truth and justice, to raise a chalice of mead or fine ale in triumph and shout "huzza!! with and that you can think of no one more beffiting to the challenge.

simply put...

Stop fannying about and tell her the way it is going to be, anyone daft enough to say yes to a beardy crackpot like you is bound to be perfect.

Must I remind you that I asked you to be the best man at myself and mrsnonspecifics wedding due to your great deeds and fine morals?

Although that can now longer take place I still feel I have some sway in the above matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join