It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passerby shoots, kills motorist assaulting deputy after traffic stop

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

A driver who attacked a Florida sheriff's deputy Monday morning was shot and killed by a bystander who warned him to stop beating the officer, according to a report.

When the suspect didn't stop his attack, the third man shot him three times. The deputy was not hit. The suspect later died.

So this is where we are in the US now? A passerby has to intervene in a assault on an officer and shoot the guy because police are so afraid to use deadly force they will just get their butts handed to them?

This is a sad day. Happy that the passerby happened along and was armed and able to take care of the situation, but seriously....WTF is wrong with people? This dude just yanks a deputy out of his car and proceeds to beat him and the deputy let's him do it? I can only assume it was because the deputy was afraid of what would happen had he been the one to kill the assailant.

Makes me wonder if we will see more of this and if the departments are issuing a no deadly force regardless of action type of internal memo.

Glad for CCW holders in this world who stop to do the right thing.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

You do know how the real world works right?
As tough, quick, strong as you think you are..As much as you think you would know you would handle this scenario right, the real world doesnt always play out that way.. Nah, its not that..

Leave it to ATS though to once again figure out a way to blame the police.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Well that's a pretty outlandish assumption, that the deputy was so afraid to use deadly force that he was getting beat. From what I read, the guy rushed the deputy and pulled him from his car. Maybe the deputy didn't respond correctly?? Maybe he froze up in the defensive formation, since he was on the ground getting attacked?? Who knows why the deputy didn't react properly, but to just claim it's because he was afraid to use deadly force is a pretty bold assumption.

I'm actually glad a nice passer-by helped the officer in this time of need. It sounds like the guy truly got what was coming to him.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

well it certainly is odd that the deputy didn't shot or deploy his taser.
but i don't see anything that says he was afraid to shoot, or what reason why.
i don't think he would have told the bystander to shoot the man is he was scared of the blow back of killing the suspect.

edit on 15-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
It's a sad thing he had to die, even worse for the bystander who had to take a life.

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
This dude just yanks a deputy out of his car and proceeds to beat him and the deputy let's him do it?

Are you talking about the officer that was beaten? Maybe he wasn't afraid of using lethal force, maybe he tried to grab for his gun but couldn't because.. well, he was beaten? Maybe the guy beating him was a 7-foot, 250 pound Golem.

Maybe, just maaybee, wait for all information to arrive.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

As tough, quick, strong as you think you are..As much as you think you would know you would handle this scenario right, the real world doesnt always play out that way.. Nah, its not that..

Not blaming the police at all...I'm sure if you look at my history here you'll see I'm all for them.

For a guy to be able to get out of his car, rush the officer and pull the officer out takes plenty enough time to pull a gun and shoot.

Maybe the officer just wasn't trained right or froze I guess.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

100 bucks the perp was a democrat, the passer by was a republican and the cop just signed up for MMA lessons.
edit on 15-11-2016 by TheFlyOnTheWall because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Not blaming the police at all...I'm sure if you look at my history here you'll see I'm all for them.

For a guy to be able to get out of his car, rush the officer and pull the officer out takes plenty enough time to pull a gun and shoot.

Or maybe the guy was much bigger, stronger, faster , insert other adjective here. Is it possible he wasnt trained right, sure. Is it just as possible the other guy just had the advantage, yup.

Based on the article linked their is no way to tell what happened other then the result.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

A driver who attacked a Florida sheriff's deputy Monday morning was shot and killed by a bystander who warned him to stop beating the officer, according to a report.

When the suspect didn't stop his attack, the third man shot him three times. The deputy was not hit. The suspect later died.

So this is where we are in the US now? A passerby has to intervene in a assault on an officer and shoot the guy because police are so afraid to use deadly force they will just get their butts handed to them?

This is a sad day. Happy that the passerby happened along and was armed and able to take care of the situation, but seriously....WTF is wrong with people? This dude just yanks a deputy out of his car and proceeds to beat him and the deputy let's him do it? I can only assume it was because the deputy was afraid of what would happen had he been the one to kill the assailant.

Makes me wonder if we will see more of this and if the departments are issuing a no deadly force regardless of action type of internal memo.

Glad for CCW holders in this world who stop to do the right thing.
Why would you start this thread with such an assumption. Not every police officer is jackie chan you know? Sometimes even the best fighters lose a match. Come on?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Aside from chases "exceeding 100 miles per hour", what kept this guy from walking up to the police vehicle, opening the door, pulling the officer out and assaulting him? If you were in this situation would you have maybe locked the door, put it in reverse and gunned it, or even shot the suspect ala 'Michael Brown'?

I'd love to see dash cam or lapel cam video of this. Sounds like he had avenues of reaction that he didn't utilize.

Not judging the outcome, the dude deserved to get shot... just wondering about the events leading to that, if there was time and or chance to effect escape, wait for backup, etc.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Yes...I am fully aware all police officers are not equal. The ones I know and call friends would have had plenty of time from a perp stopping his car, getting out, rushing their car and yanking them out, to grab their gun and shoot.

Odd that people in this thread seem to think I'm against police. Please find a thread on ATS that I have posted anything anti police.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
This story smells bull #..

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I know every situation is different but why is the first instinct for the cop or a passer by to shoot to kill? Couldn't the cop have used pepper spray or a baton?

I'm not trying to blame the police here far from it. And does it really take 3 shots to stop an assault?
edit on 5581642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Or maybe the guy was much bigger, stronger, faster , insert other adjective here. Is it possible he wasnt trained right, sure. Is it just as possible the other guy just had the advantage, yup.

Based on the article linked their is no way to tell what happened other then the result.

Not sure how one or the other could have had the advantage. Both were in their cars. Logic tells me there was time for the officer to do something unless there were extreme circumstances of some sort.

I have done enough CQC training myself to know what it takes, but I am not that officer.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Instead of the passer by killing the person, why do you think he didn't try to physically restrain him? Don't you think that would have been doing the right thing?

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

The passerby who helped the officer is a hero.

Outstanding !

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
here`s another source with some news video of the scene,and a little more info.

www.leoaffairs.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA
Or maybe he just didn't expect it and was caught off guard, when that happens it is hard to control the situation

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Screw logic, it all comes down to one question only: Who the hell is to blame?!

I don't understand this game.

ETA: @opethPA, Not referring to your post.
edit on 15-11-2016 by Danowski because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Good guy with a gun. He was licensed for concealed carry.

ETA - In story I read, the officer was telling the man to shoot.

www.foxnews.com...

"[He] refused to get off the officer and the officer kept yelling, 'shoot him, shoot him, shoot him,' Holditch said.

edit on 15-11-2016 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join