It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Identifying who flags a thread?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I don't appreciate people calling me paranoid or that I'm trying to pick fights. It was an honest request/inquiry and is a legitimate concern as far as flagging manipulation goes.

I see it's an unpopular idea from the few who have posted so far so I guess that settles it. Thanks for replying.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
Yeah, can't we all just accept that that happens and move on?

Because the paranoid people do not think they are paranoid, they think they are 'investigating'.

Investigating something that's already common sense

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

Problem is that the fact you think ATS is important enough for someone to manipulate the flags is what makes you come across paranoid.
You keep repeating that.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
I don't appreciate people calling me paranoid or that I'm trying to pick fights. It was an honest request/inquiry and is a legitimate concern as far as flagging manipulation goes.

I see it's an unpopular idea from the few who have posted so far so I guess that settles it. Thanks for replying.

Don't take it personally. I believe most were expressing disagreement with the idea. The few that seemed directed at you personally, were essentially the same thing, but with dark sense of humor in my opinion.

You sometimes need to be thick skinned around here. Again, when you're a contributing member (i.e. posting) for longer than just 2 months, you'll see what I mean.

Hang in there.

It's worth it.

edit on 11/14/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Why are you all talking about me?

No one said anything, those are just the voices in your head.

link   
a reply to: Peeple

Lol, it's the largest and most popular 'alternative' (used to be alternative) site on the internet. Nothing is too big or too small when it comes to spreading misinformation.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

What 'flag manipulation'? You have been a member for less than 2 months and you seem to have uncovered some sort of flag conspiracy the site owners missed?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

There's been a lot of unlikely threads that make it to the top--and clearly not because it was manipulated that way (I know firsthand because a couple of my own incoherent ramblings were front page topics. You can't manipulate that!)

Besides, (and I could be way off,) but don't site admins/owners put at the top any topics that are important enough to warrant it regardless of flags?

edit on 14-11-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
Investigating something that's already common sense

Nothing about DB is common sensical.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I frequent a forum where your stars are identified as coming from you.

From what ive observed it just leads to people starring posts or more likely not starring a post because of some personal reason other than the content of the post.

sentences like "Well judging by who liked your post I feel vindicated" aren't uncommon.

In short it just creates little groups and makes things 'personal' without any gain whatsoever from what I can see.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I like the voice that hums.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

My join date has no bearing on how long I have been visiting and participating on this site.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

My join date has no bearing on how long I have been visiting and participating on this site.

Sure it does in relation to this alleged flag manipulation. I seriously doubt you are some long time lurker who just broke in on the scene with this revelatory information.

link   

I'm a little confused - or perhaps you misunderstand.

Sure you could be a lurker/visitor for years but you are not *participating* until you join and become a member and actually, umm...participate - in other words post - which you cannot do as a visitor/lurker.

Unless you're saying this is not your first account here?

Please advise.

link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I never go to the top so *shrugs how would I know?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: sweord

Invisible star for you.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Bad idea. On another site I am a member of, it shows the topics I viewed, who I starred etc. On each post, it shows who 'liked' the post. I think it's no one's business but my own. Needless to say, I don't visit that site often because I feel as if I'm being watched and tracked. I believe ATS owners and higher ups can probably view where we visit and who/what we flag and star but for the record, I don't want to know that they can see that. And quite frankly, I don't want to see it or others to identify my (now) anonymous starring and flagging because, it would no longer be anonymous.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

This is not my first account here but I did not get banned on my last one, I only wished to change my screen name because I didn't like the connotations that came with my previous account name.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
dear ops.

no

kind regards
SFX

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

i like the voices in your head....

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>