It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

November 9: When (Relative) Sanity Returns to ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Some time late on November 8th or early November 9th, a winner in the presidential election will be declared. And another chapter in the American experiment will be concluded.

Politics is an important part of our society. But it's a lower part. It's not up there with religion, art, love or spirituality.

I hope the people of ATS remember this in the days that follow. And rather than feeling overly elated, or despondent, they spend time ruminating on the more exalted parts of their lives. Rather than immediately turning to vitriol and recrimination, they indulge in moments of joy and fellowship.

But, if you can't do any of that, I hope you can just take a long, deep breath.

And, when all that's done, we can get back to the real purpose of ATS ... posting photos of ghosts and UFOs.

But, seriously, does anyone else have some recommendations for methods of cleansing the mental palette after several years of mudslinging?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The 9th? Aw Moresby, you're giving people way too much optimistic credit here. It'll die down within a week, but you're going to hear residual complaining through the end of the month.

Edit: Oh, and to reply:

But, seriously, does anyone else have some recommendations for methods of cleansing the mental palette after several years of mudslinging?

A stiff drink or 10 ought to do the trick.
edit on 11/6/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
The 9th? Aw Moresby, you're giving people way too much optimistic credit here. It'll die down within a week, but you're going to hear residual complaining through the end of the month.

I think the extreme polarization of this election will continue on for the next couple of years regardless of who wins. Neither side is going to accept the other's candidate.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

ONCE A CANDIDATE HAS BEEN DECALARED " THE PRESEIDENT ELECT " - EXPECT THE THREADS " DOCUMENTING " WGY :

A = the election was invalid
B = the results fraudulent
C = the president elect is ineligable to hold office
d = " reasons "

november 9th isnt the end - but the start of the new torrent of bollox

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

It will be the same as it was last election. Some vitriol and some gloating with a lot of told you so.

It will pass just like last time, but there will always be a place here for partisan politics which will make many happy and some sick.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I don't think it will be over on the 9th , I doubt it will be over after inauguration day either , the madness is here.
Whichever of the underwhelming candidates get the job controversy and discussion will follow them through their presidency and so will ATS , the only way to avoid it is to ignore it.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I think the extreme polarization of this election will continue on for the next couple of years regardless of who wins. Neither side is going to accept the other's candidate.

Most definitely, but with Thanksgiving coming up, it's going to give us the intro into the holiday break our foreign members have been waiting for. American posters will be too busy filling faces and shopping, for the most part, to argue much. Well okay, pigs could grow wings and fly, too. It'll at least be quieter for a little while.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
That's assuming the result does not end up being fought over in the courts and all the attendant obfuscation and filibustering that helps to keep mercenary lawyers in the lifestyle they become accustomed to on the profits of human misery and suffering.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

American posters will be too busy filling faces and shopping, for the most part, to argue much. Well okay, pigs could grow wings and fly, too. It'll at least be quieter for a little while.

The Thanksgiving table is historically the best place to discuss politics. Particularly if alcohol is involved.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Crosses, holy water, and maybe an army of priests?

Seriously though, I don't see it dying down that quickly. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes the new normal. Trump has inspired what just may turn into a movement (if it hasn't already). I don't see them going quietly into that good night. If Trump wins, they will be validated and this will embolden them to rally on with the alt-right's core beliefs, especially the anti-PC ideology. If Clinton wins, I think it will strengthen the Trump alt-right perhaps even more than if Trump won. The witch hunt will continue.

No matter what happens, I don't think this is ending any time soon.

I will be stocking up on Vodka and Xanax.

On the bright side, marijuana will be legal here in Cali so at least there's that.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
WE got an EPIC 4 years to go hahaha.

The show is just getting started.

What you've been witnessing is the prelude of whats to come.

Prepare thy self.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

American posters will be too busy filling faces and shopping, for the most part, to argue much. Well okay, pigs could grow wings and fly, too. It'll at least be quieter for a little while.

The Thanksgiving table is historically the best place to discuss politics. Particularly if alcohol is involved.

Thank god we don't bother with it then :p Chinese Take-Out Day is rather peaceful around my house XD

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
So then we have 4 years of moaning and complaing about whoever gets in and 4 years of the country is ruined and its the worse ever. Four years of it's "insert presidents name" fault the country is so bad.

Oh and probably war with Iran and Russia and whoever "insert country name" fault it is.

You are way to optimistic about ATS and America.
edit on 6-11-2016 by Nexttimemaybe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Sanity will never return.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

"The Airing of the Grievances" works well at any holiday dinner, just make sure alcohol is present.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I love tradition. We have similar ones in England, such lively discussions and all the blood, missing teeth and broken bones. AS one of your kinfolk once remarked "Its The Most Wonderful Time of the Year ".
edit on 6-11-2016 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Thank god we don't bother with it then :p Chinese Take-Out Day is rather peaceful around my house XD

Try interjecting talk of religion. It seems to liven up the dinner table for some reason.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
"The Airing of the Grievances" works well at any holiday dinner, just make sure alcohol is present.

It kind of turns into Reverse Confession where everyone blabs the other person's secrets.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

People still eat Chinese food? eww

To OP: The sh#t storm is just getting started...Although, It'll be interesting/sad to see how much content on ats gets censored in the future..

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
AS one of your kinfolk once remarked "Its The Most Wonderful Time of the Year ".

Well, as Tiny Tim once said in the famous book by that guy who lived in England awhile back, 'Tip toe through the tulips'.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join