It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

November 9: When (Relative) Sanity Returns to ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Moresby
OK, we have this Brexit thing you might want to talk about instead. We can see if Nicola Sturgeon has any e-mails about Boris Johnson.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
"Soon everyone will stop attempting to discussing what's going on in the world and get back to discussing the REAL issues... photos of ghosts and UFOs.."

Okay. Because that's sanity right there.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket
People still eat Chinese food? eww

They do.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

was sanity ever present ??????????????????

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Some time late on November 8th or early November 9th, a winner in the presidential election will be declared. And another chapter in the American experiment will be concluded.

The narrative will continue the same. Blaming the other sides candidate, starting a whole new round of droll like they did with Obamas birth certificate. But first the fraud. The endless election fraud to combine with endless debt and war.

But look, hold the phone, the Reichstag is burning...

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Nyiah
American posters will be too busy filling faces and shopping, for the most part, to argue much. Well okay, pigs could grow wings and fly, too. It'll at least be quieter for a little while.

The Thanksgiving table is historically the best place to discuss politics. Particularly if alcohol is involved.

Here in the U.K it's Christmas lunch, with any spare Turkey drumstick being used to batter a belief into someone. It used to be my Grandmother, but since her passing, it's been passed onto my aunt.

Happy holidays.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
It used to be my Grandmother, but since her passing...

That's lame, using death as an excuse not to bash your dear old gran's head with a drumstick on the holidays.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah, but it would just be a pile of ashes, bless her.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

My 2cents
Appendix A. Russia can't continue to finance it's global propaganda machine. I see a mass drop off in pro Russia pro Trump social media support.

Appendix B. Clinton wins and wins back Congress. The ACA gets fixed immigration reform is passed a new jobs bill becomes law. America starts rebuilding our infrastructure into the world's leading alternative energy producer creating millions of new jobs. Criminal justice and prison reform is passed.

Appendix C. Trump wins

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Tucket
People still eat Chinese food? eww

They do.

That's the one Chinese diner I would eat at..

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
But, seriously, does anyone else have some recommendations for methods of cleansing the mental palette after several years of mudslinging?

The first and best thing a person can do is resolve to not cast a vote for the POTUS race, that way there is no emotional involvement in the outcome!

The govt is broken regardless who wins, so why bother?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: eNumbra

was sanity ever present ??????????????????

Long ago, in the before time.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

You cannot un-ring a bell.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

People tend to discuss what they were forced to discuss.
The vast majority of us (say, 95%) fall into this trap.

Please, forgive us.
edit on 2016 by JedemDasSeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
You cannot un-ring a bell.

What is the sound of one election crapping?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
No, normal is gone for good.

The dramatic social stresses that have fueled this election cycle have only just begun.

Elections of the past have never held the same 'existential' quality as this one. People have been popping out of 'everyday life' and interpreting reality in terms of apocalyptic fears that were never present before. These fears are not going away.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I share your desire for a return to general civility and fellowship. I'm not persuaded it'll happen as quickly this time around... if it happens at all. But we can hope, and do our tiny part to encourage it (and practice it.)

Peace.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It will all be good if Trump wins, he has said so.

If he doesn't, well he has enough money to see it through.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
OK, we have this Brexit thing you might want to talk about instead. We can see if Nicola Sturgeon has any e-mails about Boris Johnson.

Yeah thanks for that mate. I will now have to try and burn the images your comment conjured up from my mind and I don't think I have enough brandy

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

originally posted by: DISRAELI

Yeah thanks for that mate. I will now have to try and burn the images your comment conjured up from my mind and I don't think I have enough brandy

I have just purchased a bottle of Courvoisier, you are welcome to share.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join