It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

November 9: When (Relative) Sanity Returns to ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DBCowboy
You cannot un-ring a bell.

What is the sound of one election crapping?

Metaphysical blood has been spilled.

(and I'm not cleaning it up)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Come on, hot dog Friday will be here before you know it.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

yea I agree whats been done cannot be undone

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Gentlemen and Ladies, this is a long, long way from being over.
If anything this the beginning.
There is a war that is being fought presently without guns and bullets ( but may be subject to change).
Freedom and Liberty are under massive attack and it has gone well beyond the breaking point.
In the up coming weeks and months you will see battles rage in various areas.
Tryanny has attacked the Constitution and the citizens of the United States of America.
The American people have said enough and are standing united to defend liberty.
Woe unto those who have disturbed its slumber, for the sleeping giant has risen again.

In the last conflict, Lincoln's goal was actually simple, preservation of the Union, at any or all costs.
Let me also add, that it was the Democratic party that voluntary chose to declare war on the Union.
It was Lincoln the Republican, that chose to defend and protect the nation.
The goal in 2016 is the same.

God Bless the United States of America

Buck

edit on 6-11-2016 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Moresby
OK, we have this Brexit thing you might want to talk about instead. We can see if Nicola Sturgeon has any e-mails about Boris Johnson.

Yeah thanks for that mate. I will now have to try and burn the images your comment conjured up from my mind and I don't think I have enough brandy

I have just purchased a bottle of Courvoisier, you are welcome to share.

Cheers dude, Ill be right over.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I doubt things will tone down after the election.
I wouldn't be surprised if the election turmoil-aftermath carried on just as long as Gore-Bush in 2000.
Although, I'm doubtful it would go to the supreme court.
In terms of mental cleansing, I plan on talking a nice long break from ATS while I move out of the country - regardless of who wins, it's just too expensive to stay in the USA (both mentally & financially).
I just hope they haven't blocked ATS in cybercafes in whatever "3rd world" country I end up in.

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
DP
edit on 6-11-2016 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ganjoa
In terms of mental cleansing, I plan on talking a nice long break from ATS while I move out of the country - regardless of who wins, it's just too expensive to stay in the USA (both mentally & financially).
I just hope they haven't blocked ATS in cybercafes in whatever "3rd world" country I end up in.

ganjoa

That sounds fun. Do you have a country in mind?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The vast majority of ATS is non-partisan to certain degrees.

I think things will change. The partisan, loudmouth assholes (like myself) will either fade into the background or continue on to a limited degree. But the majority will continue providing discussion items for everyone.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby
Some time late on November 8th or early November 9th, a winner in the presidential election will be declared. And another chapter in the American experiment will be concluded.

Politics is an important part of our society. But it's a lower part. It's not up there with religion, art, love or spirituality.

I hope the people of ATS remember this in the days that follow. And rather than feeling overly elated, or despondent, they spend time ruminating on the more exalted parts of their lives. Rather than immediately turning to vitriol and recrimination, they indulge in moments of joy and fellowship.

But, if you can't do any of that, I hope you can just take a long, deep breath.

And, when all that's done, we can get back to the real purpose of ATS ... posting photos of ghosts and UFOs.

But, seriously, does anyone else have some recommendations for methods of cleansing the mental palette after several years of mudslinging?

Unfortunately, it's my opinion that the 'mudslinging' will continue. But, it would be nice to see the conspiracy
(non political) and such theme return and outweigh the rest. No, I don't have anything, myself, at the moment.

So, the cleansing will be a waste of time as I believe things will continue on their path.

All nice ideas though.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Sorry.

There are people here I will never reply to. I'll do my best to ignore.

I'm sure there are those that think the same about me.

But even I get irritated and I'd rather ignore the idiots than risk the chance of getting banned.

Sometimes bad blood just stays bad.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

Only a fool ignores the integrity of the person who holds the Office of the President.

Despite the circus surrounding this process, politics is a serious business. Responsible citizens stay informed and actively participate in the process throughout their lives, not just at presidential election time.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I think it will get worse or better depending on your point of view.
If Clinton wins we will have people talking big about revolution but doing nowt about it.
I hope trump wins just for the laugh and I get 180 quid.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Let's hope most of us can rise above that.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby

Let's hope most of us can rise above that.

I'm sure that most will.

I'm not such an awesome person though.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Mind you I do hope it will just shake the system up no matter who wins, you got the Bernie crowd on one side and Trumpers on the other...I hope you can all compromise so we don't see bloodshed.
Still hoping on a fake or real for that matter alien invasion maybe it will bring us together killing ET.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Sadly, there will be bloodshed.

The Hillary crowd won't be satisfied with just a win. They'll want their pound of flesh.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

So they are going to duff up the Trump supporters?.
Or do you mean Clinton coming for your guns? (I agree that will be attempted)...but like I said to you in another thread (I think I drink) I can see mini revolutions on a state level, I think some will leave the Union If Clinton wins.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

It goes beyond Clinton and Trump.

The establishment is going to punish us for going against it. But there will be many people willing to help the establishment in exacting the punishment.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I agree we are all fecked no matter what.
I got a feeling TPTB know something big that we don't....or they are going to kill off 80% of us but here is a good hypothetical question for you.

If you had proof (100% undeniable) that because of human farting the world would gas itself in 1 generation and everything would die but by getting rid of 90% of us meant the world would live on and absorb the farts and you had the power to make it so is it moral to do so either way?.
Not saying it is happening but I'm attempting to even think that TPTB are acting like this for good reasons in the long run....I still see good in folk.
(Unless TPTB are ET then we eat em).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join