It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Lights over Charlotte NC 15 October 2016

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

If you are referring to the video that Phage posted that has been reposted on the previous page ? The only similarity that I see between that string of lit balloons and the lights in the video is.....you have to look up to see both of them.
None of the lights in the lit string of balloons changes positions vertically in relation to each other they just dance side to side some as they quickly ascend and go out of sight into the distance. That video perfectly proves the points I was trying to make...thank you for pointing me to it.

Also when I spoke of the balloons being tethered. I was referring to them being tethered to the ground or a fixed object like the top of a building. Not to each other and then released into the sky. Which would in no way allow for the lights to stay in the same area for the extended period of time that they do in the op's video.

Phage mentioned the clouds being thin because he implied that the light could be seen "through" them... in my opinion that is not the case...it looks like thick clouds in the video posted by the OP the lights are seen "between " the clouds through gaps in them...there's a difference.

edit on 21-10-2016 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: beetee

Around the 4:50 mark

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I've been looking at some hoaxes using LEDs and balloons and there is even a instructional video on Youtube.

You can take a look and see what you think.

There is also this which is a guy with a string of leds attached to kites. There is a video of the array below.

Finally here is an industrial young chap launching a glow stick attached to a helium balloon. If you note his description you can also find an apology for how he used to make them much more complex with "blinking leds".

Take a look and tell me what you think.

I guess it's good the young people get out a little, but a video on "how to fake an UFO" really is an oxymoron.
What these healthy young individuals are doing is of course creating an UFO, because faking an unidentified object really is not possible by definition. Tsk tsk.

BT

edit on 21-10-2016 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Well, I don't know.
The quality of the video is just too bad to really see what is going on.

Where are the guys with big optics and thousands of dollars in camera equipment when you need them?

BT

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
This is obviously professional grade stuff, but shows what can be achieved with drones and programmable LEDs.

If you don't want your brain to melt, turn off the cheesy music...

I still feel that doing any of the things mentioned above is very irresponsible and silly that close to an airport, but it is important to note that the UFO in the clip does not do (as far as we have been able to tell) anything that cannot be achieved with either balloons, kites or drones.

My opinion, of course.

Had it zoomed off into the distance in matter of seconds, well, that would be something different, but it is really just sitting there, isn't it?

BT

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

From the source of the video at YouTube, verbatim:

C. Hulbert19 hours ago (edited) Wreck'n Cleveland hi, so to answer your question......i never stated i thought it was alien spacecraft, just believe in this vast universe to think we are it is ignorant. they are not luminaries based on one very simple fact, the wind was blowing opposite of their direction. so with that being said.....my personal thoughys are.it was either a group of drone enthusiasts with extremely expensive drones, some kind of military secret aircraft, a alien or a dimensional anomaly. but i dont know which one, so its up for speculation.

I could not keep up with this thread so if his comment has already been posted please excuse me, but it does bear repeating if it was. None of you (edit: who've been "discussing" the wind) were there, he was.
edit on 21-10-2016 by tweetie because: added commentary.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: beetee

Had it zoomed off into the distance in matter of seconds, well, that would be something different, but it is really just sitting there, isn't it?

BT

Exactly! They are just sitting there!
So, that kinda contradicts the argument "it's balloons, coz they are drifting with the wind"
Then how do balloons stop drifting with the wind and stay stationary suddenly?
Thats when the debunkers switch to drones...

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: justbe

Heh.. I hope you are not calling me a debunker, because "debunking" is the most obnoxious and unscientific practice that was ever invented.

The very word should be disallowed...

BT

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Dupe.
edit on 21-10-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

And as has been pointed out, wind can seem different at ground level with tall buildings around. We know which direction the wind was moving and the objects appear to be moving with the wind. The cameraman also clearly states in the video that the lights don't appear to be moving at all, he says they are stationary. Then suddenly the video gets some hits and he now claims they were moving against the wind? To me the objects appear to be below the "cloud" because the tickets part of the cloud passes past the lights around 3:30 and I can still see every single light.
edit on 21-10-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

What is being debunked exactly? Are you suggesting this is an alien craft?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
It is helicopters,, I have seen them do that over the ocean, blinking and LOTS of them, they drop red flares sometimes that just sit there,,it does look weird, Im 90% sure that is what it is, I could be wrong, just my opinion, but I did see that before and one night I heard them.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: beetee

Heh.. I hope you are not calling me a debunker, because "debunking" is the most obnoxious and unscientific practice that was ever invented.

The very word should be disallowed...

BT

Hey beetee, no I didnt mean you, sorry if it came across that way

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

:-)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: beetee

Yes the more I contemplate this scenario the more I am able to envision a way utilizing helium balloons and a very lightweight strong string along with some strobing LED lights and a group of people equal to the number of balloons being flown... you could in affect create a situation that would be very similar if not identical to what is in the clip.

And I need to apologize to Phage for saying that he implied that the lights could be seen "through" the clouds.....he in actuality. ..put a question mark after that statement. I feel fully confident that he was calling it into doubt...as I do.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Get a helium filled balloon from the local store and see how much wight it can raise. It's not going to get very high.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Cloacked alien craft.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
What the hell? I just got this incredible video. I don't know but...

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenPeter93

WOW !!....... I must admit that's a cool little video !... whether it's true or not.... it was well done. Thank you for sharing that.. I do think you should create your own thread though..and give some background on it. It will definitely derail this one.
edit on 21-10-2016 by HarryJoy because: needed better wording and punctuation

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

I can not open a new thread in yet...

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join