It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simulated universe,Why Now??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

True. I didnt mean to present this as fact just interesting.

I think Kant does do a good job of explaining some truths. Certainly not scientific but good reasoning. I also like Spinoza

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Hey i'm just spit-balling to buddy.

Truth is "nobody knows, nobody knows" and the reality would probobly scare the living crap out of us.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Thanks for the thread and the break from Trump and Clinton.

Cosmology is such an interesting subject.

Check out this podcast if you get a chance. Deutsche is a smart man and there are some interesting points of A.I. that would indicate if we are a program would would be made in the programmers image...because they wouldnt know any other reality.

youtu.be...
edit on 18-10-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

But it is conceivable, even probable, that the entities imprisoned within a simulation could develop their own simulation. In developing that embedded simulation they might even be able to find the tools to escape their simulation.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

God darn Boltzmann brains and there infinite universe syndrome at play?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

I just find it intersting that meditation alone without equiptment for observation led to concepts of atomic structure. Like maybe they could see the code somwhow when the thoughts were slowed down. According to neuroscience both lobes of the brain of serious lifelong meditators are active and communicating.

It's certainly possible that through introspective analysis, I guess you might be able to see your own code and the root. I would think one would have to be extremely adept at silencing outside influence, being able to shut down the entire data acquisition system and ignore all input. Our senses after all tie us to this construct. I imagine there are people who have witnessed the the truth, but why would they talk about it openly? We would be like children to them.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Its possible there are "good" people. Though there doeant seem to be all that much emperical evidence

A lot of these types of ascetics do spend a lot of time in silence with the sole intention of stopping their thought and becoming "nothing".

There is also indication these people do consider us children who need to be taught.

It would be funny if religious folklore was just misinterpreted by people incapable of understanding.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Maybe we will design/spawn some future form of AI that can get its virtual head around whats involved or at play regarding any simulation or the code the wags the dogs tail?

Because humanity in its present condition just does not seem to have the tools for the job. Possibly an AI with the ability to learn and think at an exponential rate will be able to fathom the mystery's of the universe Humanity simply cannot even begin to comprehend?

Thing there through is unless we somehow also manage to expand our consciousness and merge with the thing(and that's if it would even let us given our predisposition for madness and mayhem) humanity is pretty much served its evolutionary purpose.
edit on 18-10-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
What we need to do is to learn how to hack the system and gain access to their CCTV cameras

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join