It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simulated universe,Why Now??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
A simulation is a good answer to how it started.

It makes no real difference however, we still have to live by the rules of "reality" even if they are simulated.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Thank you for taking so much time and thought in a reply.

It leads me more questions. What is the purpose of observation? What is the role of observation in reality? What is the purpose of consciousness and intelligence?

Is there fine tuning involved in creating a conscious being? Like if gravity and strong force are too strong no fusion. If so would the anthropic princple make it impossible to observe a universe that can't produce conscious life? Is it "invisible" to us?

What would create the prime particle is it the "necesary being"? How would it have a code or energy without a design.

Are we travelling without biology and physical movement by choices alone into different dimensional realities? Just plopped into clone meatbags in the multiverse depending on choice and observation?

I listen to a lot of sam harris, luke barnes, hawking, but I probably understand 10 percent of the physics so bare with me.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
A simulation is a good answer to how it started.

It makes no real difference however, we still have to live by the rules of "reality" even if they are simulated.

Unless the code can be hacked or is fluid reality based on knowledge and perception?

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
a reply to: Spider879

Nothing new under the sun as they say , Descartes the French philosopher was musing the same thing hundreds of years ago

en.wikipedia.org...

Life Is But A Dream...

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Soon we will have the capability to measure the individual Planck unit thus determine if indeed the holographic principle holds any weight.

And the technology to do just that may be only a few years distant.

en.wikipedia.org... Holographic_principle
edit on 17-10-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Thank you for taking so much time and thought in a reply.

It leads me more questions. What is the purpose of observation? What is the role of observation in reality? What is the purpose of consciousness and intelligence?

Is there fine tuning involved in creating a conscious being? Like if gravity and strong force are too strong no fusion. If so would the anthropic princple make it impossible to observe a universe that can't produce conscious life? Is it "invisible" to us?

What would create the prime particle is it the "necesary being"? How would it have a code or energy without a design.

Are we travelling without biology and physical movement by choices alone into different dimensional realities? Just plopped into clone meatbags in the multiverse depending on choice and observation?

I listen to a lot of sam harris, luke barnes, hawking, but I probably understand 10 percent of the physics so bare with me.

Most of those questions I can't answer, but personally I believe that the universe(s) were created, probably by a team of programmers and mathematicians in an alternate (real) reality. There are too many subtle clues and mathematical constants. I have the feeling however that this is a prison, hell if you will. It isn't easy to escape alive in your present state, there does not seem to be a method of communication to outside the system and the virtual reality is constructed in such a way as to provide almost constant distraction. However, those who are meant to get out, will get out, it's how the script was written.

For over 40 years I have dealt with engineering, computer and physics problems and this is the conclusion I've come to, at least, that's the way the programmers wrote my script ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Possibly. Though it puts the philosophy in infinite regress when trying to explain reality.

Is someone doing the same to the progrmers?

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Soon we will have the capability to measure the individual Planck unit thus determine if indeed the holographic principle holds any weight.

And the technology to do just that may be only a few years distant.

en.wikipedia.org... Holographic_principle

Very possibly if they can resolve to one one-thousand of plank length, but you can test to see if this is reality by creating a temporal proxy to measure the absolute time frame, the "system" clock. We did this for the NRC back in the 90's using specially constructed communications devices with very specific geometry, and other constraints of course. We emulated quantum functions at a classical level.

It produced interesting results showing dramatic increases and decreases in the passage of time against a controlled frequency source and both counters, when left free-running for days. Both control and tested systems used the same frequency source and two identical counters, but the communications paths were different, one was via wire and the other through the communications devices we built. In the base design of the system, the difference in signal propagation I could only resolve to 1ns per foot because of the limitations of my counters.

So, if a wire line of 30 feet took 137ns, including transmitter and reciever propagation delays, exactly the same system using the communication devices took 107ns. This is not disproving Einstein and breaking the C limit, but rather proving it under EPR solutions that spacial compression works by creating a gateway around reality, rather than trying to push a signal through it.

As far as plank length, being able to measure plank length or peer into it and resolve holographic details are two different things.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

You seem to know a hell of a lot more than i pertaining to the subject which i have to say i find extremely interesting.

Personally i imagine our universe could quite possibly be holographic by nature but the real question, to my mind anyway, is how do we change or influence the code in any meaningful manner to suit our own needs and agenda?

But that's probobly a question for a type 2 or 3 civilization to get there heads around.

edit on 17-10-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

You seem to know a hell of a lot more than i pertaining to the subject which i have to say i find extremely interesting.

Personally i imagine our universe could quite possibly be holographic by nature but the real question, to my mind anyway, is how do we change or influence the code in any meaningful manner to suit our own needs and agenda?

But that's probobly a question for a type 2 or 3 civilization to get there heads around.

How does a collection of bits and bytes escape their memory chip? They don't, they just become virus and propagate through the rest of the memory chips ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

The third case, which I personally find more logical from an energy and control vantage is single particle multiple imaging where all particles are a ghost image of an initial particle

This is what I feel to be true. I look at it like this.. Like a projected reality. We project our self here but we are technically not "here".

Almost like "spooky action". Unless we are observed we are not in the physical and this is true. Once people no longer see this vehicle we do not exist in their mind.. when we really do. We exist in our purest form, just not within the limits of matter.

There are however some people whereas their sense aren't limited. They can see us at different time frames within the other reality and or dimension.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
It has been a good 4 years since I last posted, but this particular concept has a high degree of interest to me.

Since nobody else has yet posted this video.. I found it compelling myself and it adds a lot to this ongoing discussion.

Cheers guys!
edit on 17-10-2016 by Riakennor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

That's not necessarily true through, if the universe is indeed holographic and contains a code that we can eventually understand and interpenetrate then one day we may be able to manipulate the very fabric of reality.

After all any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. I cant think of a more magical ability than the ability to manipulate reality. You could even create your very own pocket universe.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Just out of curiosity have you studied mysticism in comparison with the theories of the design team/creators? Have some figured a way out? Could this be enlightment type of phenomenom?

For instance some ascetics in sufism, hinduism, budhism having been able to offer fairly good explaination of even quantum level phenomena from the mind alone without observation. Is it possible there is a method through calming the constant signal of thoughts that can break one out of the matrix?

I sincerely appreciate what you have added here very interesting.

edit on 17-10-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Just out of curiosity have you studied mysticism in comparison with the theories of the design team/creators? Have some figured a way out? Could this be enlightment type of phenomenom?

For instance some ascetics in sufism, hinduism, budhism having been able to offer fairly good explaination of even quantum level phenomena from the mind alone without observation. Is it possible there is a method through calming the constant signal of thoughts that can break one out of the matrix?

I sincerely appreciate what you have added here very interesting.

When I was young, I studied a number of old occult tomes. I don't believe the answer lies in anything like that, but then you never know, right? As far as method, be curious, a thing that works for Buddhists may not be a thing that works for you. We all have "lives" filled with baggage.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
I'll give it, that I suppose it's possible.

Why now?
Not sure.
Of course if it's true it means God is a big fat lie or illusion, dillusion, whatever you want to call it.
So, on the other hand if God is real, so is Satan and it could be that satan wants us to lose faith in God because his main interest is in stealing souls or lambs from the flock. Eradicating all believers gives him the power to destroy all He created, which might be an instantaneous ELE ( extinction Kevel Event) once the last soul is taken.
That was a religious take on it.

I'm only saying that because I once had the most terrifying nightmare this happened and it wasn't a comet or any other Earthly catastrophe, but that satan was very real and he took over and took not only our planet , but all the planets, the entire universe. It was just gone, not even a scent was left or a speck of dust. Like a big delete button - as if one could hit a delete button - so in a way that could also mean we are in a simulation and there is a delete button.

It begs the question to those of us will failing health, why were we selected to be in such poor health and is this pain or missing or non - working limbs not real? Does this explain why amputees have phantom limbs syndrome? Where they imagine the limb is still there? It's there , yet you can't see it, or make it do a task. Like when a computer can't find a file, but the file is in a hidden folder and is in there. Any computer forensic expert will tell you that you really cant delete files. I've drifted off, but that is what this makes you do, ask questions about questions.

It could also explain the so called mandela effect deja vous
Or any other supernatural events

If it is real, than so is God. The understanding is slightly different, but over all the same -- God is supposed to be the creator, so if this IS a simulation, than God would be the author/designer/architect of the simulation itself -- as such, would also be able to break the rules of the simulation at will -- like flooding the earth, or walking on water -- literal God mode, hacks, that would still be God.

The question is still the same though, which is why I have no faith in this argument -- even if this WAS a simulation, then who created our creator or their existence/reality? It's still an infinite loop -- simulation or not -- the exact same question remains unanswered, with that being said -- who cares if this is a simulation, because if we are, then our creators are being simulated, and theirs -- and so on.

The answer is either it always was, or it was created, and if created, by who, and then who created them? If they always were, why can't we have always been? You see -- it's not intelligent or philosophical to speak circular logic.

There is no fundamental difference in a multiverse or a simulation inception, because in each -- there is an infinite number of parallel realities happening simultaneously, calling it a simulation is just changing the logo for the same product. Like Trane and American Standard, or like Nissan and Infinite.

And while it's true that you can't delete files, you write over them 7 times exactly before you can no longer see the information from 8 write cycles ago. This is why hackers have batch files/.auto-run safe gaurds that write 0's to an entire drive 7 times. But yeah -- people with failing bodies and illness aren't chosen so much as you would call it -- experiencing a glitch in the code.

Put out any software no matter how polished internally, when released externally to millions you will see problems at an individual level you couldn't see internally. Call these auto-immune diseases or what ever.

Just like you can corrupt a file, you can corrupt biology, and that's what engineered retrovirii are.

Simulation or reality, there is still a code in the building blocks -- it's become easy to imagine that we live in a simulation because our simulations [which we create based on reality as an analog] resemble reality. The only way to simulate reality is to mimic it, and then we mimic it and some how come to the conclusion that because we can mimic it, we must be mimics. That's flawed logic, and there is no theoretical proof to support it as being even 1% remotely accurate.
edit on 18-10-2016 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

That's not necessarily true through, if the universe is indeed holographic and contains a code that we can eventually understand and interpenetrate then one day we may be able to manipulate the very fabric of reality.

After all any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. I cant think of a more magical ability than the ability to manipulate reality. You could even create your very own pocket universe.

Maybe creating a pocket universe destroys your own. Like if it is a simulation, something is running it -- and it's not designed to run two reality simulations -- what would happen if you maxed out the hardware resourced running the simulation?

If it is a simulation, and it's being run by infinite power, than why sequester us. Why put planets so far away from each other? Why is their a physical limit to what we can see known as the observable universe?

Sounds like there are limits to the machine running our simulation. This means there is a finite level of reality altering that can be done -- what that level is maybe as big as creating an Earth II, or could be as small as one person having immortality.

Earth II's A.I. [more us'es] could tax the CPU running our simulation. One person having immortality could hog up all the space for information and fill the ram buffers and dump page files and slow the simulation to a complete unlivable crawl.

Obviously CPU/Ram is a real world analog to what ever would be running it -- it's food for relatable thought.
edit on 18-10-2016 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

"Maybe creating a pocket universe destroys your own. Like if it is a simulation, something is running it -- and it's not designed to run two reality simulations -- what would happen if you maxed out the hardware resourced running the simulation?"

Possibly that could happen, maybe that's how/why the big bang occurred. Or how life migrates from one universe to the next, sort of like the ultimate in natural selection. Kind of like we have a winner, game over, then the next round commences.

As to the hardware that runs the show well that could exist outside the box/universe hence be infinite in computational power.

"If it is a simulation, and it's being run by infinite power, than why sequester us. Why put planets so far away from each other?"

Maybe we are on the hard level and the planets and other star systems are placed so far away from one another so as to discourage different species from interaction because it may contaminate the experiment or give away the premise of the game to soon.

Just look at how long it takes radio waves to propagate across the cosmos making any form of communication untenable at best.

"Why is their a physical limit to what we can see known as the observable universe?"

Possibly as a species humanity is simply a bad or incomplete design. Not yet ready, or never will be ready to to comprehend whats beyond the observable universe.

Maybe its just a wee guy with a flashlight looking for a power breaker like Sheldon suggested.

edit on 18-10-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I just find it intersting that meditation alone without equiptment for observation led to concepts of atomic structure. Like maybe they could see the code somwhow when the thoughts were slowed down. According to neuroscience both lobes of the brain of serious lifelong meditators are active and communicating.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Or it could be some form of genetic memory from a long gone past citizen of a ancient technologically advanced civilization that existed in our pre history rearing its head.

Could be anything really who knows what we are capable of accessing in a mediated state. We don't really even understand fully how consciousness relates to the reality we experience never mind higher states of such.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join