It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump releases statement on "lewd comments"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Why does he even have to bother releasing an apology of any type? He probably just got a lot of more people voting for him because of those comments. It seems that stuff like this is what is helping him, not hurting him.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: buckwhizzle

He Apologized , what else can he do ?

It's all he could do. Any other action would have made the situation a hundred times worse. I think he handled it okay. He apologised, put some pressure on Clinton and looked forward to the debate

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

I saw the statement last night. That was the right thing to do. Take responsibility.

Every day there are women who use their looks, charms, bodies and sexuality to tempt, entice and be available to wealthy men.

All of this scraping the bottom of the barrel pales in comparison to the 30 year legacy and controversy surrounding the Clinton family. Apples and oranges.

Donald just tweeted less than an hour ago - "Certainly has been an interesting 24 hours!"

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Every time Donald Trump responds to something, it creates needless "chatter". Everyone knows Donald Trump's personality. I'm sure the things he said to that reporter are MILD compared to things that have not been recorded. His horny-talk surprises no one.

He should just do like Hillary. Ignore the barbs.. continue focusing on your opponent, and spreading your message.

Hillary ignores the barbs ?? she does focus on her opponent , and has no message to spread, nah sounds like a fail.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I think the character scorecard works like this:

Legal act that is ignorant = -1 point
Illegal act = -10 points

That still puts Trump way in the lead

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I never understand why people say "that was ___ years ago" as if a person's record doesn't matter.

Isn't a candidates history more valuable than what they say on the campaign trail? You wouldn't accept hillary's current batch of lies if she had 30 years of doing the opposite.

I also don't understand why people shrug and say it's expected of businessmen to be sleazy, while also complaining about politician who are sleazy. Isn't the whole point of the "anti-establishment" rhetoric to be the opposite of the problems we have in Washington?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
There is one of his construction executives, hired as one of the first female construction executives. I guess he called her fat?

We all know Trump likes the female figure.

Trump is well known for not hiring unattractive women. Maybe a few have been hired by managers he's hired, but Trumps philosophy is that if you're not competent enough to put work into your appearance you're not competent enough to work for him.

He's not alone in thinking that, but he's said it a lot over his life.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Twenty-six years ago, for instance, when Savvy Woman ran him on the cover, four of the eight people in Trump’s innermost circle were women, including his then wife Ivana, who was not in any of these particular photos but who was running the Plaza Hotel at the time. The others, all executive vice presidents, were: Barbara Res, who was in charge of construction of Trump Tower and then the Plaza; Blanche Sprague, head of project development; and Susan Heilbron, who was Trump’s chief lawyer.

Source

Construction executive Barbara Res, head of project development Barbara Sprague, Trump's chief lawyer Susan Heilbronn, and Ivanka, all executive vice-presidents, made up exactly half of the Trump organization's top positions in the 80s, when there was still a glass ceiling. Their looks have nothing to do with it.
edit on 8-10-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Get off your high horse.I could write a book explaining my position and not a second would pass before the thread would turn into the mud-pit no matter what forum it is in.

edit on 8-10-2016 by buckwhizzle because: I don't wanna

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
In an election of the lesser of two evils, I'll pick Trump. Hillary has proven she's pay to play corrupt already.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
BRAVO FOR DONALD!

He's not quitting, or even slowing down.

Story: www.foxnews.com...

Hillary would be dead of a stroke with this much pressure. We've seen how she can't even handle a 75-degree day, standing up for 3 hours.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

During a news break on AM radio news last night, one of the news readers said (paraphrased) it seemed most everyone had heard about the tape but not so many had heard about Wikileaks' released emails.

I'd like to pull the plug on the whole corrupt DNC/Clinton deception whose lethally-backed tentacles reach far and wide and further and wider as each day passes.

There is one helluva, unprecedented hoodwink going down.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   

a reply to: Aazadan

Twenty-six years ago, for instance, when Savvy Woman ran him on the cover, four of the eight people in Trump’s innermost circle were women, including his then wife Ivana, who was not in any of these particular photos but who was running the Plaza Hotel at the time. The others, all executive vice presidents, were: Barbara Res, who was in charge of construction of Trump Tower and then the Plaza; Blanche Sprague, head of project development; and Susan Heilbron, who was Trump’s chief lawyer.

Source

Construction executive Barbara Res, head of project development Barbara Sprague, Trump's chief lawyer Susan Heilbronn, and Ivanka, all executive vice-presidents, made up exactly half of the Trump organization's top positions in the 80s, when there was still a glass ceiling. Their looks have nothing to do with it.

Ivanka Trump was born in 1981.

Perhaps you meant to say Ivana?

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

A hoodwink?

Are you saying that's not Donald Trump on the released video?

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
Here's his statements:

I accept the apology, in the context of how he said it, and with the other things he says here. Bad boy, Trumpy, now let's get on with making America great again. I see the determination he has now to do this, regardless of any weak moments.

And I bet you there's not another wealthy, powerful and famous man anywhere in the world that has said or done anything boastful about his sexual exploits. Nah, can't be. Yeah right. Some of the very people all up in arms about Trump's 11 year old comments have said and done much worse. Hypocrites!

At least I've never heard of the Trump Body Count.

I'm ready for cut taxes, immigration control done right, and jobs brought back to home. Grope that.

At some point I will begin a dialogue. At that point it will be because the majority of posts I see are based in reality, instead of ideology.
edit on 9-10-2016 by IsntLifeFunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Also, I love how "lewd" is in quotations. That word doesn't bring justice to his statements, yet somehow they're being downplayed by idiots.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Bedlam
That idea has been kicked around a bit.
Does that mean the incumbent remains until an agreement is reached?

Whole new can of worms.

It should start with Congress and local elections. When we are mature enough to do that properly we could move to presidential elections.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
It looks like this scandal is going to end up helping Trump, if anything.

Even the most staunch religious right republican forums are unshaken in their support for Trump, They came to terms with Trump's well known playboy past long ago.

Trump's base is rallying for the apologetic Trump and charged up in their contempt for the left wing media.

This media blitz just reminds voters why 94% of Americans distrust the media and opens the door for a no-holds barred offensive agains the Clinton's genuine assaults on women.

Of course the never-trumpers still hate Trump and Hillary's loyal pawns still hate him.

El. Oh. El. Seriously? I have no idea what this awesome website has become with statements like this.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

a reply to: Phage

I find a simple "I'm sorry" works. But like I said, I would not apologize to you for overhearing them.

Then you don't agree with Trump apologizing in the first place, right?

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: buckwhizzle

He Apologized , what else can he do ?

Exactly. The MSM, pundits, republican elite and Liberals wouldn't except an apology no matter what however. The man apologized though. He can't do much more then that. But at least hes apologized. Hillary never apologized for killing Americans at Benghazi.
edit on 9-10-2016 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join