It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Hurricane Center- Matthew Strengthening

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBandit795

It can be neither debunked nor bunked. To me - it looks rather like Bön style magic than neoscience.
Isn't it disrupting the natural weather flow worse than persistent contrails if it works? Being against nature - isn't it evil?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
News doing their thing. Reporter measuring 11 inches of water in street. Reminds me of time the the reporter was sitting in the boat while a man walks by in the background.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
washed ashore

youtu.be...

OMG what are they?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Lol cute. Glad the woman came out to give us size perspective. At first I thought it was kids, but no!
It's real live T-Rex with tiny little feet!

edit on 10/7/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

Thanks. It definitely could've much worse than it is right now.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

I don't think it's evil at all. I've never had anything other than beneficial experiences with these devices.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

The effect on Haiti, Jamaica and the Dominican Republic, for example, are evidence of the power of this storm. It could have done the same to Florida. Storm surge may be a major problem for the coast but we'll see.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I just heard the Haitian ambassador say that had so much damage because they didn't realize the storm would be so powerful. I find that neglectful, I really do. Weather people have been talking about the power of this storm for days, and this guy is in the U.S. Why didn't he notify them, if they have no resources for finding out this information on their own. (which is unlikely).

Plus he said for people to not come to help without checking with them first, they have experts on the job determining what they need. Lord. They were chasing their tails after the Earthquake. It would have been more horrible without "help", and he's implying that the "help" caused problems.

Sorry if this sounds mean, but I find it annoying.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Sorry, I don't know such a device. Is it electro-magnetic or like those orgone crystals in a copper tubes? Post me a link but don't if it fails to relieve the drought like the one in CA because I like the liquid water storms. If I ever wanted to go to Florida it's now.
If I wasn't able to control my sarcasm I'd say there is no such device on the west coast but I can so I won't

I don't like any weather modification.
edit on 7/10/2016 by PapagiorgioCZ because: filled out

edit on 7/10/2016 by PapagiorgioCZ because: nothing to see here

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Isn't he meaning Monsanto kind of help? And I think you overrated their infrastructure and the ability to warn rural areas.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I haven't missed a SC hurricane from '72-'90 or from '97-present

this storm is really getting Hyped
it is strangely hugging the shore-line for an already impossible distance... like it is being controlled

I did secure the property, so no composters or other potential projectiles are loose...

the weakest point of the house is the broken window pane in our 45 YO daughters' bedroom she shares with the present boy-friend also in middle age and living free at the retired parents place...
hell, I ain't fixing the window even after 6 months with a cardboard 8X12 insert taped to the broken glass...
I hope the wind blows out the whole window on the deadbeats, and the T&G pine flooring gets ruined so I can oust the freeloaders for a serious reason..
GO MATTHEW

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This is better news.

Now a Category 3 storm with 120 mph winds as of the 11 am EDT Friday advisory, Matthew has yet to generate sustained winds of hurricane force anywhere in Florida, though a gust of 107 mph was recorded on Cape Canaveral this morning. Matthew’s center came within 30 miles of Cape Canaveral, but the western eyewall of the storm has, for the most part, remained barely offshore today.

Satellite loops on Friday morning showed a solid but not spectacular major hurricane, with plenty of heavy thunderstorms with cold cloud tops in the eyewall. However, the eye had gotten less prominent since Thursday, and the intensity of the thunderstorms had decreased. Matthew will encounter steadily more unfavorable conditions for intensification over the next three days. Wind shear, now a moderate 15 knots, will rise to the high range, above 20 knots, by tonight. The ocean temperature will cool as Matthew progresses to the north, and dry air will be attacking from the west. The combination of cooler ocean temperatures, high wind shear and dry air should act to significantly weaken Matthew to a Category 1 hurricane by Saturday night, when it will make its closest approach to North Carolina.

www.wunderground.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I think it ultimately boils down to deflection to save face. And not because they could have done more and just didn't do so, either. The infrastructure and buildings in Haiti are simply complete s#, the odds of withstanding anything with fortification are still slim. What we're looking at is the "make do" result of abject poverty. There's not a whole lot of mitigation that can be done beforehand to lessen losses with abodes such as tin shacks & rickety wood shacks.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Oct 13th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FightingBuddha

Please be safe friend, out of curiosity what animals do you own that can't be uprooted? I own quite a few animals and their lives are as equal as mine in my eyes.
Good vibes sent your way for a safe and swift pass through.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Wouldn't it be horrible to find out these devastating storms are created by government tampering with weather.

For Reasons...

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

I just heard the Haitian ambassador say that had so much damage because they didn't realize the storm would be so powerful. I find that neglectful, I really do. Weather people have been talking about the power of this storm for days, and this guy is in the U.S. Why didn't he notify them, if they have no resources for finding out this information on their own. (which is unlikely).

Plus he said for people to not come to help without checking with them first, they have experts on the job determining what they need. Lord. They were chasing their tails after the Earthquake. It would have been more horrible without "help", and he's implying that the "help" caused problems.

They don't want anyone helping them because the last time we tried, the Clinton Foundation robbed the whole country blind. Makes perfect sense that they would want to handle it by themselves this time.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: avp251

I was thinking the same thing but hadn't gotten around to replying yet.

They are accepting ships from France, the Netherlands and possibly the UK to bring aid so far. Rhetorical question -- Will there be strings attached?

President O. is asking people to donate to the Red Cross for Haiti.

Haiti's breadbasket part of their country was mostly destroyed.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

That's an odd statement for the Haitian Ambassador to make because it doesn't make sense to me in light of how most of the Haitian population lives. I looked for it a bit but maybe you could tell me where you heard it? Thanks!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Not mean at all. Haiti is the craphole that it is because of those very people and their mantality of denial and blame shifting.

No one else's problem though. Situation is what it is. Haiti sits in prime tropical storm territory, yet allows people to nail pieces of corrugated metal together and call it a house.

Their country, their way. But we have building codes in the US for a good reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join