It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise in satanism and the occult has caused a shortage of priests able to battle the Devil’s work.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Quoting from their web site :-

Why do Satanists worship The Devil?

We don’t. Satanists are atheists. We see the universe as being indifferent to us, and so all morals and values are subjective human constructions.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: artistpoet
Wow! Some people actually believes that Satan is the best friend the church has ever had.

Fear is the biggest driving force within humanity. Codify that somehow and....

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
a reply to: mamabeth

Quoting from their web site :-

Why do Satanists worship The Devil?

We don’t. Satanists are atheists. We see the universe as being indifferent to us, and so all morals and values are subjective human constructions.

The Church of Satan is but one branch of popularized Satanic philosophy, but it is not the only one, nor is it the authoritative one.

Atheistic satanism, put forth by LeVay, is a system of rational philosophy gussied up with the trappings of religious flourishes.
Theistic satanism...

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I don't understand how pedophile priests from a decadent vatican, dressed
in mountains of gold, sporting crooked crosses and housing Satans throne.
How do they hold the patent for casting out devils when only faith can
actually do that?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

I don't understand how pedophile priests from a decadent vatican, dressed
in mountains of gold, sporting crooked crosses and housing Satans throne.
How do they hold the patent for casting out devils when only faith can
actually do that?

WOW! Excellent question and I totally agree with you BUT not ALL priest are pedophile..... so when we classify all priests as pedophile or an entire religion it opens many doors to attack the entire church due to many criminals within the church.

The Catholic church is convinced only their exorcist can cast out devils and they are wrong so why do they say it? Well, first.... a Catholic exorcist is well trained in scripture and original Catholic ceremonies (prior to 1962). PLUS they have the proper attitude and character through fasting and prayer (their weapons) to call down archangels, the Holy Spirit.... even God himself to address this issue. It takes more than faith and a bunch of words. If you walk into a room with a possessed person and you are not prepared.... you can easily be killed or even worse..... land in a mental health institute for the rest of your life while pushing meds down your throat.

I have seen Protestants expel/cast out evil spirits as well. So the Catholic church does not have a monopoly on exorcism.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I don't believe in the devil, Satan, Lucifer, or any variation there of. But I also believe that looking for trouble is the best way to find it. Doing some ritual to invoke evil may work. While it may not be a demon that you get, the negative aspects of looking for the dark side may well do enough harm to make a case for this kind of thing. Because some don't believe, in no way validates any theory, just like Bigfoot, there may be something there, but likely not.

Rather than look for evil, look for the other side, if you find it, a better future is almost guaranteed, and even if you don't find it, the search is much easier to enjoy. (Opinion of some random guy in the internet)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
what about these other children who participated? Where are they today AND do you know their everyday lives?

If they are poor and in rough shape, you would demand that is proof of demonic incursions and destruction.
If they are rich and living the dream, you would demand that is proof of demonic bartering.

It doesn't matter what anyones life is like, you can always twist it to be the fault of the devil (or the will of god if you like the persons point of view).

Regardless, your only real stance is that peoples choices factor little, that we are pawns in a good v evil supernatural fight.
I tend to reject that...I think we are what we become based on our decisions, some luck, and a lot of determination

so what?

So what indeed.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Soooo... Lemme get this straight...

You make a post with several claims in it, then try to shift the Burden of Proof onto everyone but yourself?

That makes no sense. YOU made the claims. It is YOUR job to substantiate them. No one elses.

Unless you wish to admit all you have are unsubstantiated claims?
edit on 28-9-2016 by jjsr420 because: typos

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: kamebard

Sure ... I do not doubt what you are saying... That this is but one group of Satanists

You can always post links to other groups if you wish

The only reason for my posting links and quotes was to add to the discussion is all

edit on 28-9-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jjsr420

You summed it up very well.

OP makes claims,
OP doesn't provide evidence,
Members request evidence,
OP says it's not their responsibility to "educate" members.

It's like saying "Unicorns are the real leaders of the world. This is true, but you'll have to find out for yourself."

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I don't believe in the devil, Satan, Lucifer, or any variation there of. But I also believe that looking for trouble is the best way to find it. Doing some ritual to invoke evil may work. While it may not be a demon that you get, the negative aspects of looking for the dark side may well do enough harm to make a case for this kind of thing. Because some don't believe, in no way validates any theory, just like Bigfoot, there may be something there, but likely not.

Rather than look for evil, look for the other side, if you find it, a better future is almost guaranteed, and even if you don't find it, the search is much easier to enjoy. (Opinion of some random guy in the internet)

And I recommend the very exact thing.

Stop looking and playing because one day it will stop by.

BUT lets say.....

You like cats and I like dogs.

You like steak and I like fish.

You like the night and I like the day.

You fight for your country, I fight demons.

We all have different passions and my passion is to fight the seen and the unseen:

Ephesians 6:12 ► Put on the full armor of God, so that you can make your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world's darkness, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13. Therefore take up the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you will be able to stand your ground, and having done everything, to stand.…

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

OP makes claims,

It's like saying "Unicorns are the real leaders of the world. This is true, but you'll have to find out for yourself."

Unicorns really?

Do you even know what a unicorn is?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Indeed. The OP fails to realize, however, that it actually IS his (or her) responsibility to back up any claims they made. Ill either be ignored, or told that im somehow wrong, though im not.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

"Anything that can be asserted without evidence, can be just as easilly dismissed."

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Yes. A unicorn is a horse with a horn. About as believable as this thread with its mountains of evidence lol.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Sorry missed your post to me

Here is my reply ...

Lol ... yeah your probably right about the Goth Kids if not it is still funny
Priests doing spiritual battle with demons sounds way more fun

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Did you see one of his earlier replies? He said that he hasn't even witnessed a demon. It's pure speculation backed up with more speculation.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I saw it.

Ill wager that, if i made the claim that God does not exist (which im not, btw) he (or she) would want me to back that claim up...

Their intellectual dishonesty is showing.
edit on 28-9-2016 by jjsr420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Let's go with the supposition that "evil spirits" predate the Roman Church in existence.

Heck, let's even go with the supposition that "evil spirits" predate Judaism in existence.

Given that, why would the invented medieval "rituals" of the Roman Church have any power, influence, etc. over these "evil spirits" whose existence apparently predate not only Catholicism but old YHVH himself?

link   

I'm surprised he hasn't asked for people to prove demons/possessions don't exist. That's normally what happens in threads like this.

And you're right. It's not up to me/us to disprove demons/possessions. It's up to the OP to prove them.

link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

OP makes claims,

You make it sound as if ATS is some sort of higher education learning institute. LOL

You can make all the request you want but I am not going to submit anything and your weak attempts to rule this as nothing more than myth shows ignorance for you have ruled out the possibility.

Here at ATS I do NOT have to provide proof. This is a website not a university and I am not going to spend many hours writing, editing, digging up case work, audio files for ANY ATS member PLUS you are not privy to this information. It would be like giving a child a loaded weapon.

You don't want to change your life style and those who refuse will refuse EVERYTHING that shows your lifestyle is wrong and unacceptable.

I have a life that extends beyond ATS.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join