It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise in satanism and the occult has caused a shortage of priests able to battle the Devil’s work.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Of note, the OP's article from the tabloid Daily Mail is more than a bit misleading and sensational.

Imagine that.

The fellow quoted, Valter Cascioli is not a priest, not a representative of the Vatican, and serves only as a consultant to the "International Association of Exorcists."

Apparently, he's trying to drum up business for the IAE.

I am an active member but becoming a member takes a lot more than money.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
MWAHAHHAHAH!!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
So, here is another thing to think about.

What I perceive, what I observe - I know to be true. This is the prime, the core, the root belief.

However, my ability to perceive is based not only in physical faculties, but also on my mental faculties. Both of which can be influenced by internal and external forces. In addition, that which I can perceive is not what you can perceive. Even video evidence is inconclusive, as the video recording device does not perceive exactly what I perceive.

Thus, when I say I "saw" a demon in an empty room, I may have actually "seen" a demon in an empty. But the person standing next to me did not "see" anything and the video camera only "saw" an empty room. Does that make what I perceived wrong? What if there were 10 people in the room and saw the demon, and 10 people in the room who did not? Would the corroboration be sufficient to serve as proof or would it be evidence of mass-insanity?

Synethestasia is an awesome neurological condition. Seeing sounds or hearing colors. Does that mean that what the person with synesthesia is wrong? Or does it mean that everyone else, who does not have synesthesia is wrong? Where is the ultimate truth?

There is an interesting study (don't have the links), that followed individuals who claimed to "see demons/angels". Whenever they saw the demon/angel, parts of their brain would light up, in addition to causing a cascading reaction in their optical and auditory processing centers - many times leading to the person being studied to have an ep. For the person who "saw" the entity, their perception was real - they saw and heard the "demon/angel".

So the question then becomes, did the person who "saw" the entity not really "see" the entity even though, for all intents and purposes the person perceived the entity as real? By what definition are we then holding the experiences of one as "TRUTH" over another?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

No you don't.
If (a very big If) you have ever attempted to cast out a demon you aqre actually harming the person who needs real help not lies like you are peddling.
Hope you are proud harming poorly folk.

www.livescience.com...

I wonder If presented with a highly autistic person you would assume possession.,...here people like you have killed folk.

www.livescience.com...

Do us a favour and don't harm anyone else.
edit on 28-9-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Oh and I like this quote.

Author Michael Cuneo, who participated in more than 50 exorcisms while researching his book American Exorcism: Expelling Demons in the Land of Plenty (2002, Broadway Books) found no reason to think that anything supernatural occurs during exorcisms. While many Americans likely think of exorcisms as relics of the Dark Ages, exorcisms continue to be performed, often on (and by) people who are emotionally and mentally disturbed.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Hey , to all of you loving souls
! This is my first post
! This topic is esoteric and this is my expertise ! Peace and love to you all ! The powers that should not be are very scared because of the awakening and they are afraid of the publics understanding ( not standing under )
of occult knowledge , because there are many of us and very few of them
, which is a sad for them ! In the past a long , long time ago the opposition to their false control were called witches and now the term is terrorist ! Peace and love from the mysticalmetalhippie

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mysticalmetalhippie

Umm....I'm pretty sure there is a LARGE difference between "witches" and "terrorists. I.e. One was blamed for dying crops because...lack of science; and one is blamed for bombings and attacks because...well, they're terrorists.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I can't reply to them for laughing too much. I'll just have to agree with you and give you a star instead.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I'm very perplexed by this persons perception of what a terrorist is.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Didn't you know that "teh tewworwist" cast spells before "tewwowising"?

I thought that was common knowledge.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Is that what they're shouting? Magical spells to cast off the (not standing unders) of the occult?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

That's correct. And the only reason it's true is because there's a YouTube video somewhere, probably.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

This will surely lead to even more exorcism for the DailyMail to exploit for sales, I mean, report upon.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I want to see the one where they fly.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I have a question.

I was watching a YouTube vid by on one of the channels I peruse, and he was wondering at the rise of strange incidents with people who are involved in strange attacks on others resulting in bizarre murders where the perpetrators have ended up stripped either completely or mostly naked, they are often described as growling or otherwise acting in animalistic fashion, and often have seeming superhuman strength to where tasers don't work and it may take several officers to subdue them.

In more than one instance, the subject was gnawing the flesh of their victims. I am not completely referring to the infamous Florida Flakka zombies although there is one instance of those cited because the report specifically mentioned that the attacker tested clean for all known drugs at the time of writing. There was another case where the attacker had cut off his own arm and gouged out his own eye after beheading both his wife and dog. He too was found in nothing but his underwear and semi-coherent, gibbering.

But he was wondering if there was an increase in demonic activity and if these were symptoms potentially indicative of such.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Hey DeathSlayer,

I hesitate to ask, not wanting to take your thread too far off topic, but I'm curious to know if you've read Martin Malachi's book "Hostage to the Devil" and if so, what you thought about it.

Regards,

Billy

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Yoga was first mentioned in the Rig Vedas (possibly oldest book known to man) and originated as a form of self-sacrifice (destroying the ego to gain enlightenment) and replaced ritual sacrifice (like Jesus)

Yoga became popular in America recently but it's origins are as old as written history gets.

And many Hindus still practice the animal sacrifice portion/ although not in America

edit on 28-9-2016 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Like how hippopotamus means is "water/river horse"

It obviously isn't a horse

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

that's the satanism that started in the 60s

Atheist satanist are like the Mormons of satanism
edit on 28-9-2016 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join