It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr Trump, I am not seeing 222 trillion worth of ideas from you.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Mr Trump,

The publicly listed debt of America is around 20 trillion. Some sources say as high as 70 trillion, but I have heard that if we include unfunded retirements, and other "off the books" things it is more like 222 Trillion.

Right.

Shall we talk about it then. I see here that your campaign has proposed 550 Billion worth of Infrastructure spending programs. Rebuilding Americas, making it great again, all that.

Well...

I am not satisfied. I don't want to merely climb back to where we were in 1999, before the catastrophe of 2008. I am looking for a President who can Lead. And I am sorry to say I am not hearing 222 Trillion worth of ideas, coming from your campaign.

... uh ... no really ... I am not.

I want to participate. I want a future. I want more, and bigger, ideas.
What about
    space
    medicine
    fiber
    science
    education
    and even research

Mr Trump, can you offer us something more?
Because I am not hearing 222 Trillion worth of Ideas.
A real vision, of a better future. For everyone.

Thank you for listening.

Mike Grouchy

edit on 12-9-2016 by mikegrouchy because: Cold wisdom told me I listed Medicine twice, replaced second instance with research

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

The problem is while trump isn't providing details of his plan hillary has been part of that trillion dollar mess.

We are doomed eitherway, but we have already seen what hillary has done in office which is not much, besides scandals

edit on 33930America/ChicagoMon, 12 Sep 2016 22:33:09 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

You listed medicine twice.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Economics is pretty simple.

One can not have an economy based on infinite growth
if one cancels the gorram space program.
Being trapped on Earth is only
good for real estate
developers.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

You listed medicine twice.

Thank you,

Instead of saying something flippant like "the other one was for the private residence facilities" I'll fix it.

Mike Grouchy

OH!

And anyone else who has hundred trillion dollar ideas, please, please, please, speak up.
edit on 12-9-2016 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Personally and I may well be wrong due to my ignorance of the matter?, but I think it is almost impossible to lay out any rational plan without actually reviewing the books and speaking to people in certain areas..

Mr Trump at this moment does not have access to the full amount of government spending and what the actual debt is..

I would say the best he could do at the moment is say that he has reviewed what information is avaliable to him and that he can see areas that can be improved, which I believe is the case.

The national debt is a huge issue for America and also is the amount of cash that is p1ssed away, I would certainly trust him more than anyone else in the running to at least make a dent into the debt crisis.

RA

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

And anyone else who has hundred trillion dollar ideas, please, please, please, speak up.

We should just continue on like we are doing and burrow it from the Chinese.

www.thebalance.com...

Or perhaps Trumps buddy, Putin could help us out.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
IMO NAFTA has to be renegotiated, if Trump can do 10% of what he says then we may be ok.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
222 Trillion worth of new ideas,
will put us in a position to pay off all debts AND
shape the future for the whole Earth.

This is America, I meet people
everyday who have ideas
and inventions.

Trust of the
system is
lacking.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Mike,

You can bitch if you want. The Don said nothing about being America's economic savior. Nobody could fix a $220 Trillion debt. ... Nobody.

So why is it Trump's fault?

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy
222 Trillion worth of new ideas,
will put us in a position to pay off all debts AND
shape the future for the whole Earth.

This is America, I meet people
everyday who have ideas
and inventions.

Trust of the
system is
lacking.

Mike Grouchy

I hate to break it to you but the USA is not the be all and end all anymore, you have been sold down the river a long ago. It will take decades to sort the financial mess out and that is before you even begin on the social issues that are plaguing the nation.

Personally I think the US has far to many regressive left liberal assholes that are scared to get their hands dirty to get the nation back on track.. The media are a major issues to any common sense, everything has to have a leftist angle applied to it..

This is the time to get sh1t done not faff around whinging and hiding in a safe space.

RA

edit on 12-9-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Mike,

You can bitch if you want. The Don said nothing about being America's economic savior. Nobody could fix a $220 Trillion debt. ... Nobody.

So why is it Trump's fault?

Fair question.

During the recession of the 80's a lot of people lost a lot of money. Runaway inflation, excessive debt, decay of manufacturing, you know the drill. Except for Donald Trump. He made money. When interviewed about it later and asked how he did it he said ... I'm paraphrasing from memory ... "If I have 5,000 dollars worth of debt, I have a problem. If I have 500,000 dollars worth of debt my _banker_ has a problem. I told them, look, loan me more money and you'll get it all back" Or something to that effect.

In my opinion China, and everyone else, will be glad to invest more, if we have a good idea, a plan, and a proven track record.

Going into debt is expected these days. Alan Greenspan famously wrote "wealth cannot be created without debt." I feel that Trump can do this. Surely Elon Musk is not our only outlet to the future.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

He's only limited to one idea, "The Wall." He's a man of very few words who likes to emphasize his use of adjectives.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

You could easily replace Trumps name with Hillarys and have the same thread. Neither person running has a real plan for the debt. Hillary wants to raise taxes and spend like a drunken sailor and still add to the debt. More of the same.
Both parties are to blame for the debt and neither party has a clue how to get out of it. That is why you don't hear much about it when they speak.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I'll give you $222 trillion in ideas.

Spend $2.22 trillion in research and development.

It's been shown that spending $1 in R&D like in the CSIRO in Australia will get back $100 worth of value overall.

Why not just pump money into research and development.

We all know research and development helps everyone long term. Better ideas, Better Things to buy, Better uses.

I will never understand why governments squander such tax payers monies.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

He's only limited to one idea, "The Wall." He's a man of very few words who likes to emphasize his use of adjectives.

Still though... not a Trillion dollar idea.

:|
Mike Grouchy
edit on 13-9-2016 by mikegrouchy because: word

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

You could easily replace Trumps name with Hillarys and have the same thread. Neither person running has a real plan for the debt. Hillary wants to raise taxes and spend like a drunken sailor and still add to the debt. More of the same.
Both parties are to blame for the debt and neither party has a clue how to get out of it. That is why you don't hear much about it when they speak.

Just look at this obvious photoshop.

We all saw her dragged into the van Sunday, head down.

Notice the agents clothes are in the shadow of the vehicle, but hers are not.

Doctoring the truth is her only idea.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE

It's been shown that spending $1 in R&D like in the CSIRO in Australia will get back $100 worth of value overall.

Thank you for that.

It would make America great again, if we were

the ones investing in other countries, companies, and ideas.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
You are delusional I f you think anyone could fix the mess. There will be a tipping point eventually and society will go through a hard reset again. Well assuming natural causes don't step in first....

I think it is odd you are singling out Trump. Hillary wants to set the stage so her daughter will be President of the world. We will all be living off rations and be thankful to get them if the dems get their ways.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
After Obama's 8 years of destruction it's too late for USA to come back from financial ruin. It's only a matter of how quickly the policies get us to rock bottom. Obama = fast track. Hillary = fast track. Bernie = immediate track. Trump = slower track.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join