It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr Trump, I am not seeing 222 trillion worth of ideas from you.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

Sorry, but I blame the teachers union for the categorical dumbing down of American Public Education. No money to anything union, If I get my way.

Trump is a member of my union SAG/AFTRA and even gets a pension. Try and keep up!

www.hollywoodreporter.com...

I'm sitting in my office right now, courtesy of the NM Republican party media pool and everyone around me, even our grips and secretaries are Union proud, Union strong.

www.iatse.net...

Your GOP campaign ads brought to you courtesy of Union craftsmen and labor.... Ironic isn't it?
edit on 13-9-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

My bad, you're correct, I didn't even see that last part. I'm slightly dyslexic and you're paragraphs are written funny.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy

originally posted by: imjack

Honestly, we're leaving Earth via Dimension and Time Travel far before we ever build any spaceship and fly somewhere in it. Both have much more practicality than something that is considered to be the 'frontier'.

Even then Quantum Teleportation is right around the corner compared to interstellar spaceships.

Once we do have them, bending space will probably be their only function and they will have unimpressive speeds.

Humans are freaking cheaters.

Sorry but a mandatory ID check is required to engage me in any discussion Time Travel.

What is the Time Travelers password?

Mike Grouchy

Time Travel will probably be easier science than dimension, so I'm guessing that first.
It's 2/3's done from a cultural perspective with 'stopping time' and 'going forward' being theoretically possible.

Part of the "strange" world that Einstein explained in 1905 in his theory of relativity is that time and space are joined in our universe as a four-dimensional fabric known as space-time. Stranger yet is the concept that both space and time warp as mass or speed is increased. Travel fast and time moves more slowly.

Edit:

Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space.
Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Time Travel might seem like a harder science, but you have to keep in mind the scale of Space for the problem.

We will probably end up using teleportation everywhere we go. If not that, some strange combination of Teleportation+Cloning the Nazi's supposedly had.(The movie 'Moon' has a single man unknowingly mine the Moon, and is killed and cloned so that he would believe it was the first day over and over to sustain production.)

The general idea is it would copy you to the atom, teleport the information, you would step out of the machine, and just believe there are now 2 of you and one is on an Alien planet.
edit on 13-9-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Trump is a member of my union SAG/AFTRA and even gets a pension. Try and keep up!

www.hollywoodreporter.com...

I'm sitting in my office right now, courtesy of the NM Republican party media pool and everyone around me, even our grips and secretaries are Union proud, Union strong.

www.iatse.net...

Your GOP campaign ads brought to you courtesy of Union craftsmen and labor.... Ironic isn't it?

I don't think it's Ironic.

I think it is the reason his ideas are small.

Like only 500 billion small.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordSatan

My bad, you're correct, I didn't even see that last part. I'm slightly dyslexic and you're paragraphs are written funny.

Fair enough.

For you.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

The Time Traveler's password, starts with a sign, countersign exchange.

Good day sir.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

If I'm following your logic here, you want the next President to pay down the debt? I hope you know if we did that our economy would crash because there would be no money left in the system. You like to talk about global economic disaster. Well paying off 100% of America's debt would 100% cause one.
edit on 13-9-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

If I'm following your logic here, you want the next President to pay down the debt? I hope you know if we did that our economy would crash because there would be no money left in the system. You like to talk about global economic disaster. Well paying off 100% of America's debt would 100% cause one.

That
is
the
best
part of Mr Trumps candidacy.

Look at what happened to African Americans' after Obama was elected.
Look at what happened to the Military after Bush was elected.
Look at what happened to middle class liberals after Clinton was elected.
Look at what happened to Cowboys after Reagan was elected.
Look at what happened to Nuclear engineers after Carter was elected.

It was supposed to remain a secret.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I'm not following you...

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I'm not following you...

The support base of an elected President
always gets the short end of the stick.

The electee does not _need_ them anymore,
as they have already been elected.

/shush
Mike Grouchy

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

This thread has been a great read.......thank you.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Mike,

You can bitch if you want. The Don said nothing about being America's economic savior. Nobody could fix a $220 Trillion debt. ... Nobody.

So why is it Trump's fault?

It's not a $220 Trillion debt, it's $220 trillion in unfunded liabilities over the next 50 years. Unfunded doesn't mean it won't be funded though, it means we haven't collected the money for it yet, but there are plans in place to collect that money.

Anyways, I'll take a crack at a $220 trillion in 25 years, half the time we're on the hook for.

Lets repeal Reagan's changes to CPI and start properly counting inflation again so we can fix pay rates.

Next, raise revenues from $4 trillion to $5.5 trillion. Pay for this by moving to single payer, removing the ACA, Medicare, and Medicaid. This would save $592 billion annually on the governments side, and $4500/person on the taxpayer side (which is then available to be taxed). Totaling 1.5 trillion per year. Over 25 years at a heightened inflation rate of 4.5% (vs our normal 3.5% right now), higher so that we can roll out bigger COL adjustments to fix things, that becomes about 16.5 trillion come 2041. That's an average of 11 trillion/year over 25 years or $275 trillion.

Done, and with a $55 trillion surplus to spare.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Anyways, I'll take a crack at a $220 trillion in 25 years, half the time we're on the hook for.

Lets repeal Reagan's changes to CPI and start properly counting inflation again so we can fix pay rates.

Next, raise revenues from $4 trillion to $5.5 trillion. Pay for this by moving to single payer, removing the ACA, Medicare, and Medicaid. This would save $592 billion annually on the governments side, and $4500/person on the taxpayer side (which is then available to be taxed). Totaling 1.5 trillion per year. Over 25 years at a heightened inflation rate of 4.5% (vs our normal 3.5% right now), higher so that we can roll out bigger COL adjustments to fix things, that becomes about 16.5 trillion come 2041. That's an average of 11 trillion/year over 25 years or $275 trillion.

Done, and with a $55 trillion surplus to spare.

Freakin Amazing.
I ask for new Ideas, and someone balances the budget.

edit on 13-9-2016 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
why do you give a damn about the debt? i want infrastructure and security. you know, the # that actually has an effect on my life.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
why do you give a damn about the debt? i want infrastructure and security. you know, the # that actually has an effect on my life.

Well if we get all that for a mere 500 Billion,
what can we get for two hundred and twenty two trillion?

Mike Grouchy

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Take this for instance. Not enough. Everyone should get 6 months paid maternity leave. Everyone.

Usually most of the cost of these programs goes to the bureaucracy that makes sure only the specific subset of people get access to the program. It costs more to make the program partial, and particular, like only moms on maternity, than it would to just give _everyone_ 6 months paid maternity. Up to four times in dey life.

I am not seeing two hundred and twenty two trillion dollars worth of ideas here.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Real Madrid Island Resort

Price: 1 Billion $

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Hulu Revenue for just 2013

Total: 1 Billion $

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

He certainly has access to the scope of America's national debt. We all do.

National Debt Clock

Why don't we just start there, and worry about the black budget debt, and the 6.5 Trillion the Pentagon 'misplaced' after we tackle the numbers any one can see.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join