It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Mandela effect.... you've been successfully clicked baited

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Why can't it?

Something is changing for a lot of people. Even if it's just their general awareness of the fluidity of reality and the observed world around them.

As I said before, openness is the key. No one person knows enough to dismiss anything!

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I understand what you are saying, but please understand this (and why "us skeptics" take issues with ME):

It is ALL based on "He Said/ She Said".

There is absolutely no physical proof at all, or supporting evidence.

That's why ME can not even be a "Theory". It can only be "High Speculation"

In ages past, many things in science that were speculated about and eventually became fact or accepted theory, did so because of supporting physical or observational evidence and/or proof.

For now ME has none of that. It is completely and totally based on nothing but the faith of those who believe in it.

Maybe down the road some sort of physical proof will present itself that can not be explained in any other way.

Until then however, people who believe in ME should not be appalled at those who do not believe in it. That would be the same thing as being upset at those who do not believe in the same religion as someone else.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: Lysergic
So if ME is real, then that must mean Déjà vu must be the realest experience, riiiiight.???

Déjà vu experiences that are unusually prolonged or frequent, or in association with other symptoms such as hallucinations, may be an indicator of neurological or psychiatric illness

Imagine a 10 minute long Déjà vu trip.

This ME seems so familiar....

I believe those are different.

You should rely less on your beliefs.

Let's apply occam's razor here. The simplest solution is usually correct. What is more likely, especially in regards to physics? You remembering something wrong, or you physically shifting to an entirely new dimension of reality.

I seriously hope common sense will dictate your answer.

Actual physics would be the simplest answer.

And the current model of actual physics don't allow it.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: Vector99

Ah yes. Occam's Razor. Trumps anything on the internet. Haven't seen that card pulled in a while.

Something doesn't gel with your worldview? Just slam down an Occam's to the table.

Because usually it is correct?

It's more than likely a faulty memory in the case of this nonsense Mandela effect, not a dimensional shift of energy in a completed form from one dimension to another.

Sigh...but yea sure, must be the ME...

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
In regard to the OP, it is not anything to do with 'click bait', people started to notice way before that. People can still not believe this is real, but it is not due to click bait.

For some people, "Me thinks thou dost protest too much." The very idea makes some people uncomfortable.

Some try to equate the ME to 'Flat earth'. Riduculous, we know the earth is not flat.

But actual physicists are putting forth evidence that may back up the ME. Makes even more people uncomfortable.

At least, that is what I have seen.

edit on 11-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

But actual physicists are putting forth evidence

Citation needed.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Some try to equate the ME to 'Flat earth'. Riduculous, we know the earth is not flat.

GREAT comparison!

How do we know the earth isn't flat?

link   
a reply to: Vector99

Words like "usually," and phrases like "most likely" don't inspire me the way they do you.

dimensional shift of energy in a completed form from one dimension to another.

Ahhh yes, exaggeration to the point of absurdity. No one in this thread said anything of the sort but you.

edit on 11-9-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

link   

But actual physicists are putting forth evidence that may back up the ME. Makes even more people uncomfortable.

And that would be....?

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
let me try and use logic here, why are our brains immune from change when everything else changes. if everything changed wouldn't your thoughts as well? you get some real paradox going on here because obviously people can't change an event after the fact (the fact being the current timeline ie universe), its either done before or at the time. say it was "luke i am your father" i saw the movie and remember it this way. some other timeliner has come and changed it to "no luke i am your father" guess what i still would have herd "no luke i am your father" and it would always be that way to me, remember i never herd that line... everyone who herd it would always hear "no luke i am your father" assuming that was what it was changed to. when you change something everything is updated immediately to reflect that change.

assuming different universes exist, im from time line A and go back to timeline B. i kill timeline B "me" 10 years before i would have naturally died. everybody in timeline B would live from that point on in a different world where i died 10 years before, you would never remember me dying when i was suppose to because it never happened, your world would be updated to reflect that.

lets say timeline A saves Timeline B "me" from dying when i was naturally suppose to die, how would you remember me dying when it never happened, why wouldn't your mind be updated with the rest of the universe?

is your mind the only thing immune from universal world change?
edit on 11-9-2016 by jgarc028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Words like "usually," and phrases like "most likely" don't inspire me the way they do you.

They don't inspire me either, dunno where you got that implication.

Ahhh yes, exaggeration to the point of absurdity. No one in this thread said anything of the sort but you.

Exaggeration? That is the literal aspect of the Mandela effect, not a supposition.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jgarc028

"CLICK" baited I think, not Clicked Baited. Just fyi.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

But actual physicists are putting forth evidence

Citation needed.

BBC

Wikipedia-many worlds

Inverse-Scientists May Have Discovered Parallel Universe Leaking into Ours

Scientific American

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

None of those links would apply to the Mandela effect. You should try reading them.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

None of those links would apply to the Mandela effect. You should try reading them.

I read them.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
the problem with multiverse is that everything is happening and nothing is happening, all this exist and yet nothing exist. in a universe where nothing exist its proven wrong because in our universe something exist.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

LULZ

hope you're trolling me.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jgarc028
the problem with multiverse is that everything is happening and nothing is happening, all this exist and yet nothing exist. in a universe where nothing exist its proven wrong because in our universe something exist.

No, in all universes something is haoppening. Then something causes them to start overlapping. maybe one, maybe all.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
As a skeptic, my biggest question is this:

What's happening to the people?

Alright, I may be incorrect but if I understand the gist of this theory, it is that people are shifting from one timeline to another. In one timeline, life is like a box of chocolates. In another, life was like a box of chocolates. Alright, so suspending my disbelief, we have established at least two realities.

So if you come from the reality where the line was, "Life was like a box of chocolates" but find yourself in ours, where the line is different, what the hell happened to the version of you in this reality? Did they shift into the reality you came from (swapping places essentially) or shift into a third, or fourth reality? Are there only two realities?

As for the multiverse.. more than two realities. So does the shifting compound, ad infinitum? As one person shifts into an alternate reality, something must have to happen to the "them" of that reality. Presumably that would be a shift of their own. Which would trigger a shift for the "them" in their new reality.

It gets very confusing thinking about the possible mechanics.

And that's where this whole thing falls apart for me. I have yet to see anyone consider some of the things I've brought up here, and how it would effect this theory. Another question would be, why is it mostly pop culture stuff? Or things that have alternate explanations, that frankly make way more sense.

I realize people "know" it was one way or the other. That doesn't mean anything to me... that is entirely subjective. It's akin to how people "know" their God is real. I cite a multitude of faiths, and not just one. They can't all exist, despite how much one may "know" that theirs does.

In my opinion, the Mandela Effect doesn't stand up to a lick of scrutiny.

That said, I am perfectly willing to reconsider and possibly have my mind changed, if anything substantial could be presented as evidence that may suggest such a thing is happening.

edit on 9-12-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: typo

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Ok, so how do they apply the the theoretical aspect of the ME? The existence of a multiverse does not imply they are connected, it simply implies they exist, and most likely independently.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join