It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Mandela effect.... you've been successfully clicked baited

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

You have to read the entire thread.

The life 'is' remains as a residual, it is posted.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity
a reply to: reldra

I understand what you are saying, but please understand this (and why "us skeptics" take issues with ME):

It is ALL based on "He Said/ She Said".

There is absolutely no physical proof at all, or supporting evidence.

That's why ME can not even be a "Theory". It can only be "High Speculation"

In ages past, many things in science that were speculated about and eventually became fact or accepted theory, did so because of supporting physical or observational evidence and/or proof.

For now ME has none of that. It is completely and totally based on nothing but the faith of those who believe in it.

Maybe down the road some sort of physical proof will present itself that can not be explained in any other way.

Until then however, people who believe in ME should not be appalled at those who do not believe in it. That would be the same thing as being upset at those who do not believe in the same religion as someone else.

There is residual proof. I posted one. I am not the only one.

It is more than faith.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
As a skeptic, my biggest question is this:

What's happening to the people?

Alright, I may be incorrect but if I understand the gist of this theory, it is that people are shifting from one timeline to another. In one timeline, life is like a box of chocolates. In another, life was like a box of chocolates. Alright, so suspending my disbelief, we have established at least two realities.

So if you come from the reality where the line was, "Life was like a box of chocolates" but find yourself in ours, where the line is different, what the hell happened to the version of you in this reality? Did they shift into the reality you came from (swapping places essentially) or shift into a third, or fourth reality? Are there only two realities?

As for the multiverse.. more than two realities. So does the shifting compound, ad infinitum? As one person shifts into a alternate reality, something must have to happen to the "them" of that reality. Presumably that would be a shift of their own. Which would trigger a shift for the "them" in their new reality.

It gets very confusing thinking about the possible mechanics.

And that's where this whole thing falls apart for me. I have yet to see anyone consider some of the things I've brought up here, and how it would effect this theory. Another question would be, why is it mostly pop culture stuff? Or things that have alternate explanations, that frankly make way more sense.

I realize people "know" it was one way or the other. That doesn't mean anything to me... that is entirely subjective. It's akin to how people "know" their God is real. I cite a multitude of faiths, and not just one. They can't all exist, despite how much one may "know" that theirs does.

In my opinion, the Mandela Effect doesn't stand up to a lick of scrutiny.

That said, I am perfectly willing to reconsider and possibly have my mind changed, if anything substantial could be presented as evidence that may suggest such a thing is happening.

boom! he posted while i was still typing

link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Lysergic
So if ME is real, then that must mean Déjà vu must be the realest experience, riiiiight.???

Déjà vu experiences that are unusually prolonged or frequent, or in association with other symptoms such as hallucinations, may be an indicator of neurological or psychiatric illness

Imagine a 10 minute long Déjà vu trip.

This ME seems so familiar....

I believe those are different.

You should rely less on your beliefs.

Let's apply occam's razor here. The simplest solution is usually correct. What is more likely, especially in regards to physics? You remembering something wrong, or you physically shifting to an entirely new dimension of reality.

I seriously hope common sense will dictate your answer.

Actual physics would be the simplest answer.

And the current model of actual physics don't allow it.

You are behind on the current models, then.
edit on 11-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

link   

I understand what you are saying, but please understand this (and why "us skeptics" take issues with ME):

In ages past, many things in science that were speculated about and eventually became fact or accepted theory, did so because of supporting physical or observational evidence and/or proof.

For now ME has none of that. It is completely and totally based on nothing but the faith of those who believe in it.

Maybe down the road some sort of physical proof will present itself that can not be explained in any other way.

Until then however, people who believe in ME should not be appalled at those who do not believe in it. That would be the same thing as being upset at those who do not believe in the same religion as someone else.

It is more than faith.

No, you posted a faulty memory.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, not faulty memories and youtube videos.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

So if ME is real, then that must mean Déjà vu must be the realest experience, riiiiight.???

Déjà vu experiences that are unusually prolonged or frequent, or in association with other symptoms such as hallucinations, may be an indicator of neurological or psychiatric illness

Let's apply occam's razor here. The simplest solution is usually correct. What is more likely, especially in regards to physics? You remembering something wrong, or you physically shifting to an entirely new dimension of reality.

Please explain how.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

It is more than faith.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, not faulty memories and youtube videos.

My faulty memory showed up in a youtube video? That would be magic.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Please explain how.

Multiple , parallel universes overlapping has been a physics discussion for a long time, but a lot recently.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

It is more than faith.

What "residual" proof did you present? A faulty star wars memory?

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Please explain how.

Multiple , parallel universes overlapping has been a physics discussion for a long time, but a lot recently.

Overlapping and interacting are two entirely different aspects of a theoretical multiverse.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Please explain how.

It's been discussed, yes, but it hasn't been proven.

Do you know what has been proven in literally 100s of studies? That our brain recalls memories badly. Even memories of an event that is minutes old.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

It is more than faith.

No, a video and not Star Wars. Not going over the entire thread. It's late.
edit on 12-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Please explain how.

Do you know what has been proven in literally 100s of studies? That our brain recalls memories badly. Even memories of an event that is minutes old.

Not all the time, though.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Please explain how.

Not all the time, though.

Who said anything about "all the time"? I sure didn't.

But once you recall a memory, it overwrites the memory before that, even if it's wrong.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I've read the whole thread (And the Gump thread). Perhaps I mixed up which reality said what. My bad. I was just using that particular example of ME for my post. It doesn't change anything about my post though.

Edit:

Maybe you were referring to it as something substantial for me to consider. I am sorry but I don't find that very compelling. The likely explanation for that is multiple takes of the FG bench scene. One of the clips in the video was even from a different angle then the finished product. Do you recall it that way as well?

edit on 9-12-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

It is more than faith.

No, a video and not Star Wars. Not going over the entire thread. It's late.

Oh you mean the purposeful mis-drawing of the globe. Got it.
link

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
BTW, one recent person who has done a lot of studies on memory is Elizabeth Loftus.

Here's a TedTalk where she explains it quite well (and a lot better than I can).

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
No one has proven why Luke I am your father line was removed.

Because it was never there.
A retold quote over and over. It was replaced in StarWars parodies. and "Luke" replaced "No", so people would immediately connect to the phrase in context with the Vader/Skywalker scene. It stuck and this memory overtook the original.
edit on 12-9-2016 by charlyv because: juxtaposition

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

You know, something that I don't think has been mentioned much on these types of threads is the fact that your Mandela effect would violate conservation of energy. If a form of energy corresponding to your consciousness/soul/whatever had really passed between one universe and the next, then "new" energy has been created which is something that manifestly cannot happen. And then there's the ridiculous outlay of energy even needed to travel between one universe and the next, which you'd probably have noticed when you "switched" but which none of you ME believers have ever documented.
Or the fact that had humans in your and others supposed "home" universe been evolved with completely different bone structures, it would then stand to reason that the divergent evolution between hominids in that timeline an ours, which could BTW have only been the result of Human's evolving in a wildly different environment to the one they evolved in in "our" timeline, would have had to have happened so far back in history that it simply beggars belief that the rest of human history would stay the same with the exception of a handful of twentieth century celebrity deaths and movie quotes being the only things changed.
Furthermore, the claim that the Earth's geography was different in this supposed "home" timeline only serves to underscore my point in the previous sentence. major landmasses being different sized/in different positions would have had such a massive effect on the planet's environment and have had to happen literally millions of years in the past that the evolution of anything resembling a modern human at the same time and in the same place as our timeline becomes virtually impossible.
The fact that you are of the same species as me and are even able to speak English is enough to disprove your ramblings.
Your memory sh*ts out sometimes, deal with it.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I almost started a Mandela effect thread today, something happened that really freaked me out.
i was downloading one of my favorite songs called "Snow"(Hey Oh) by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
I was telling my wife how much I loved the bass at the beginning of the song.
When I downloaded it it I said "crap I must have gotten a cover version", because it was different.
I didn't think anything of it but wanted to hear that song so I went to YouTube; still different.
So I went to 5 different videos all play the same version, including the "the official" video and I didn't recognized it.
Its not a bad a memory I specifically remember that song differently,

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join