It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The entire Seattle Seahawks team will protest the national anthem at opening game

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Ah yes, the "If you don't live in the US you can't know anything!"

Just because you live in the states doesn't mean no one can have as much as an understanding as you.
Which IMHO, I think you are over selling your own. I wouldn't say I have the understanding of what people living in inner cities, regardless of race, go through day in and day out. Why? Because I have never lived that live.

Have you?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

You never even had a counter-argument. The floor got wiped; it wasn't my gray matter on the end of the mop handle.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I'll defend the teams right to just sit on their asses.

Why not, It's their right.

It's not like it's actually helping anything, but hey, it's their right not to do anything of any real value.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You never even had a counter-argument. The floor got wiped; it wasn't my gray matter on the end of the mop handle.

No, you left yours at home. My point was simple. You are equating all protesters. "Sit down and shut up." You didn't disclaim that. Gave you numerous times to. Think about it when you get home.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
I'll defend the teams right to just sit on their asses.

Why not, It's their right.

It's not like it's actually helping anything, but hey, it's their right not to do anything of any real value.

Really? They are contractually obligated to play. Can this get sillier?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Are they really not doing anything tho?
Or are they just not doing enough.... I guess you could argue the latter, but then you have to get into that grey area of telling people what they should do with their money.

Kap has had a serious uptick in merch sales, he says he is going to donate all of that as well.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mizzijr
a reply to: Nucleardoom

I find it interesting that people conveniently forget details to fit their agenda and choose to become a pawn in the process.

Or maybe you just dont know that WW1&2 were actually for US corporate interests.

WW1's Lusitania blunder was engineered.

You can thank FDR and his puppet masters for getting us involved in WW2.

US and their elites wanted war so they made it happen. Dont make excuses.

Funny thing happened during all that "engineering" Hitler invaded Poland. FDR made him do that right?

Quit lying to yourself, it was more than just engineering that kept you from having to learn German, but conveniently dismiss the whole aspect of the Nazi's aspiring to dominate the entire world along with Japan for that matter. No one forced either to try and conquer as much as they could. You're making excuses to downplay the very real threat at that time.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yes. While I didn't grow up in a housing project, I lived for many years inner city.

Meanwhile some foreigner is going to chime in and demagogue an issue that they haven't grown up with in their own nation (WITH THE HISTORY THAT WE HAVE), yeah I call foul. It's not like its some foreign policy debate here. It's the most sensitive social issue we have, as sensitive as just about any in any society anywhere. If such a person isn't willing to play materials that the residents post for them so they might see their point then yeah perhaps they do more observing than rocking the boat.
edit on 8-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

It's a stupid straw man that I went beyond the call of duty in addressing from different angles. For you to somehow relish in it as if I didn't, while dragging it on like this, is plain derailing the thread at this point.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Really? They are contractually obligated to play. Can this get sillier?

Most people go to these events to watch them perform. Not go there to see a bunch of Multi Millionaires disrespecting the country and crowd which supports their Millionaire status.

But hey, it's their right to sit on their asses if it makes them perform better.

Tosses them a dollar.....

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Do you know why they call them "human rights"? The clue is the first word. That transcends nationality. You still haven't disclaimed my now OBVIOUS assertions.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Are they really not doing anything tho?
Or are they just not doing enough.... I guess you could argue the latter, but then you have to get into that grey area of telling people what they should do with their money.

Kap has had a serious uptick in merch sales, he says he is going to donate all of that as well.

This is all Obamas fault.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

What the human right to be an idiot? The human right to be ignorant? The human right to lie? The human right to self-deceive? The human right to be a scumbag? Oh, wait, is that a human right?

I never said they dont have the right to sit on the bench "in protest". The merits, and inevitable divisiveness of this case study are what I'm denouncing.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I'm sure.
Guess that means that you understand more than anyway else.
/shrug

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It's a stupid straw man that I went beyond the call of duty in addressing from different angles.

I see it as ducking the question, still are, instead of coming right out with it.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Since I'm capable of forming complete paragraphs on the subject, unlike wolverine here, clearly so:
SEE HERE!

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Their right to it sit on their ass is an example of free speech.

Right?

You wont mind if I exercise that very same right here tonight do you?

Thought so.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

What #(#&*$*&$&() question???????????????????????

How many different ways must I articulate that they have every right to "protest" (even if it is retarded) ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

And I thought the Duke was annoying!

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
So in a country with a black president and tons of black cops and police chiefs, they are protesting what? The "shoot blacks on sight" policy that doesn't exist? Institutional racism that doesn't exist? Or just the silly drinking song??

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Yeah of course, but I guess I should try my hardest to try and correlate it to the most negative things possible to attempt to demean it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join