It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The entire Seattle Seahawks team will protest the national anthem at opening game

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

Soldiers only die protecting corporate interests not freedom and liberty. Get real.

Yes sir you are right. All those soldiers who died during the Revolutionary War were all fighting for corporate interests.
As well as all the WWI & WWII vets. Hitler and the Japanese weren't a threat to anybody's freedom right?
U.S. history is more than the last 50 years pick up a book and learn a little or conversely maybe those "constitutional scholar" buddies you've talked about while visiting the yacht club could clue you in.

You're as disrespectful as it gets.

I'll give you the Revolutionary war... but that's the only one sorry.

During WW1 and 2 we saw a reduction in freedoms. Espionage act and The draft. It's also a bit odd that we entered the war after we allowed JP Morgan to start financing loans...and that we got caught transporting military aid by the germans...

The Japanese were only attacking a military installation. There was no other motive than to disable the navy. Again we lost a lot of freedoms on the home front during the war....

link   
None of this stuff was happening until Obama on this scale. He ripped the country in half. Notice I said on this scale. Players did it before like Chris Jackson of LSU who changed his named to Muhammed something something but nothing on this scale.

Obama is a great divider. Not willing to see injustice and issues if dealing with it means having to hurt his own party. Black on black violence is out of control. Black gun violence is out of control. 8 years now and refuses to address it so it has spiraled out of control. Now police are taking ALL the blame for every single black death even if it was justified.

link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: intrepid

Do they?

Yes. Your point?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

I didn't see that in the article, so what "injustice" are they "protesting"?

You're arguing a point and you don't even know what it is?

Had to laugh at that one.

Well played sir. Well played.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Okay there it was at the bottom:

Kaepernick, who said he refuses to “stand to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people,” has said he’ll continue his protest until police brutality is no longer an issue.

Alright, aside from the War On Drugs, which they nor BLM nor the SJW's nor liberals in general (that supposedly care about black people) will make a national agenda about protesting, aside from WOD how is the "nation" oppressing black people???

NOTE: Just acknowledging its bad when pressed on the issue isn't protesting it.
edit on 8-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The most patriotic thing a U.S. citizen can do is protest the government.
There is nothing disrespectful to veterans about it.
a reply to: Nucleardoom

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AquaDuck

So true mate! I really liked the meme they made at Disinfo

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

I find it interesting that people conveniently forget details to fit their agenda and choose to become a pawn in the process.

Or maybe you just dont know that WW1&2 were actually for US corporate interests.

WW1's Lusitania blunder was engineered.

You can thank FDR and his puppet masters for getting us involved in WW2.

US and their elites wanted war so they made it happen. Dont make excuses.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Right. I have a long history of cheerleading such. And it's the federal government that needs to be directly protested. But with Obama "at the helm" (er podium) and the Puppet Media in perpetual propaganda mode, we're not seeing any pressure being put on them. Instead its protest cops that are merely carrying out White House agenda's, while these same people are supporting Obama / Hillary / 2 Party System / Media to a fault.

That kind of "protesting" is ludicrous; asinine. Where all its going to do is cause yet more bickering and divide.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

The same government that is represented by the anthem also prints money.

I bet none of these players are emptying their bank accounts in protest to get rid of the evil symbol of oppression.

Play the anthem before the teams take the field.

The have a job to do. A job that they are being paid to do (regardless of the fact that children play the sport for free every day). They are not paid to have a podium from which to make a political statement. Leave sports and find a new career if that's what they want to do.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Here goes some more "rational protesting" for ya's:
H eckling and gunfire as police investigate shooting

That's their civic duty, right?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: nobunaga
usuncut.com... hawks-roster-will-protest-national-anthem-sunda/

so i guess it has been discussed within the seattle seahawks locker room whether or not the whole team would sit during the anthem.

Hmmmm... I'm wondering if it has something to do with this:

NWSL's Washington Spirit reschedule the national anthem to prevent Megan Rapinoe from protesting

Megan Rapinoe took a knee during the national anthem prior to the Seattle Reign’s game on Sunday. She was expected to do the same on Wednesday, but the Washington Spirit moved the timing of the anthem to ensure that wouldn’t happen.

The Spirit sent an email on Wednesday minutes before the game against the Reign. The release admitted to playing the nation anthem before either team made their way to the pitch in order to prevent Rapinoe from protesting.

i really think they are missrepresenting a protest.

And I really think their protest is being misrepresented.

so are just the black players going to sit? are they protesting the police? are they protesting racial inequalities? are they protesting for black lives matters?

Why do you not know that? We've heard that they did it... we've heard all about the outrage... where's the rest of the story? Talk about being misrepresented.

This is getting out of hand.

People are dying in the streets at the hands of those we pay to protect us... there are serious issues with policing for profit ruining people's lives... numerous would-be whistleblower LEOs are suffering retaliation from their brass... but a bunch of overgrown kids sitting out the anthem before playing a ballgame is "getting out of hand???"

We obviously have very different priorities.

will kaep ever stand for the anthem again?

He has said that yes, he will, I presume when he believes the issues are being addressed responsibly and effectively.

i am still confused as to what exactly the purpose of disrespecting your country to protest...

A song does is not our country. It's a song. And if that song is representing a nation that abuses her people and violates their Constitutionally protected inalienable rights then it's not worth standing for.

These athletes are exercising their rights. Nothing un-American about that. But refusing to respect and protect and DEFEND that right is very un-American.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

And that has what to do with this type of protest? NOTHING! Nice attempt at deflection and discrediting though.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Wow. It seems I'm more American than some so-called Americans.

These people have the right to protest, and a right to free speech.

Suggesting that they are slurring the military, or the nation and being "unpatriotic" is complete bull#. How daft is that claim when they are protesting against the deaths of, and ongoing poor treatment of fellow US citizens in their own country?

If a piece of cloth and a song is so important to some people, why don't they go and live somewhere where you can be severely punished/executed for not displaying proper patriotism at the right time - North Korea is nice at this time of year, apparently.

(See, what I did there was use the right wing straw-man method to make a point. Think about it.)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused
This is really gonna start to piss cops off everywhere. And they will say we will not work the games if the NFL allows it.

Yes, such threats have already been made. And I'm far more disturbed by our LE making threats against the public than folks sitting out the national anthem.

This could get interesting.

This is getting dangerous.

link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
Free speech would not be allowed under Hillary. She told the Benghazi families they were going to get the film maker. She totally ignored the free speech aspect of it, even used free speech as an excuse on why things went south. She never defended the right of the film maker.

According to two very partisan sources, with whom other Benghazi family members contest.

link   

originally posted by: intrepid

And that has what to do with this type of protest? NOTHING! Nice attempt at deflection and discrediting though.

You clearly HAVENT watched the video as I'm not even done watching it yet. Watch it! Listen to that black man destroy the arguments behind this 'poor us cops bad' victimHOOD crybaby crap.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Didn't have to. Seen many like it. Still doesn't have anything to do with this aside from a discredit attempt.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
They're doing so because everyone is making a big deal out of not standing. Public displays of protest like this are nothing but self-seeking vanity, posey and posturing. The quicker everyone ignores them, the quicker they will stand.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: nobunaga

They should TRULY protest and not only sit during the national anthem, but also refuse to take those racist and unjust US Dollars as well...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join