It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Interrupts Catholic Prayer….

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
So many religions & only one God...what's a praying Christian to do.......Why smack him down with a mean left cross. I mean out cold. That was an awesome punch. That's the power of God right there.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DocScurlock1774
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

i cant watch the video, i was going based on presented article and description

You really need to watch this video because the description for it is completely false

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This is how you can determine if a person has the fruitage of God's holy spirit:

"On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control." - Galatians 5:22,3.

It appears that neither side was applying it, thus neither side had it.

It was wrong for the man to interrupt their praying needlessly heckleing them like a bully. And it was wrong for the response of the Catholic.

I see no right thing being committed here.

Anyway Jesus said that when you pray to do it in secret, not out in the public where everyone can see you:

"“Also, when you pray, do not act like the hypocrites, for they like to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the main streets to be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full.  But when you pray, go into your private room and, after shutting your door, pray to your Father who is in secret." - Matthew 6:5, 6.

So I don't think the praying in public like that to get attention was condoned by Jesus to begin with.

Either way they are all hypocrites.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
I take this stance because I understand that in most cases like this the information in the article usually comes form witness accounts and whatever info is contained within the police report.

When speaking of traditional media I agree.

The editorial is from a site named: "RightWing News - Stand up, Speak out, Fight Back!". Not exactly the most trustworthy source. I mean the whole purpose of the site is to pander to right wing ideals.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

a reply to: Dwoodward85

secondly if that was a group of Muslims and one of them knocked a christian out you'd be going nuts over it

Lets stick to what is in front of us shall we.

Well, we wish you had. Practice what you preach

I did but we obviously see it differently and that's ok.

Really. Then please answer why you think this guy is a muslim. Don't be a coward and avoid the question. Answer it

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Read the name of the news source: "Right Wing News". No reason for a right leaning news source to vilify Muslims while defending the sick actions of a Christian, the right NEVER does that!

Give me a break. You believe their propaganda if you want but I'll believe what I see over what some third party (who most likely gets paid to spin the news a certain way) says.

There is absolutely nothing in the video that shows the man deserved possible brain damage, but maybe the people defending this are the ones with brain damage? Seems like it.
edit on 9/2/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

a reply to: zosimov

there would still be violence if there is no religion, maybe even more.

Yes, that was my point exactly.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: GailNot
It was wrong for the man to interrupt their praying needlessly heckleing them like a bully. And it was wrong for the response of the Catholic.

Can you tell me at what spot in the video you see or hear the man 'heckling' anyone?

Or did you not watch it as well before you posted?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

I may be wrong here, so forgive me, but aren't Christians "human' also?

It was a human response.

Right/wrong?

that's for others to judge.

imho

I find this to be a very reasonable response. Good on you for recognizing the human element here, props.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

i see you wasting a lot of time on me when there are others actually challenging your arguments.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

i see you wasting a lot of time on me when there are others actually challenging your arguments.

You did not answer my question, it was not exactly a difficult one.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The only good thing that came out of creating this thread is, in my opinion, some people show their ugly true ignorant self!!!

link   
a reply to: GailNot

Can you point out in the video where the man was heckling anyone? I just saw a man walk up and get cold cocked for simply walking by and having the AUDACITY to be curious as to what was happening.

The only exchange I saw was the man getting knocked out cold, I certainly didn't see any heckling.

link   

a reply to: Dwoodward85

secondly if that was a group of Muslims and one of them knocked a christian out you'd be going nuts over it

Lets stick to what is in front of us shall we.

Well, we wish you had. Practice what you preach

I did but we obviously see it differently and that's ok.

Really. Then please answer why you think this guy is a muslim. Don't be a coward and avoid the question. Answer it

I'll answer honestly I expect it could be his colour? To be honest the guy with the beard looks the most Muslim looking to me but being a soldier of Christ that rules that out!

link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
So many religions & only one God...what's a praying Christian to do.......Why smack him down with a mean left cross. I mean out cold. That was an awesome punch. That's the power of God right there.

Just to add some humor to this disgustingness
It's not a left cross its a looping hook similar to a casting technique in sambo. A left cross would be a strait counter punch after your opponent has thrown.

That was a looping hook sucker punch.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DocScurlock1774

No problem, he can go on with that. You can write the answer to me.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

it doesn't matter what i think, also you never answered my question it was a tougher one, maybe that's why you didn't answer.
edit on 2-9-2016 by DocScurlock1774 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

why is my opinion so sought after?

link   

originally posted by: kinglizard

I take this stance because I understand that in most cases like this the information in the article usually comes form witness accounts and whatever info is contained within the police report.

When speaking of traditional media I agree.

The editorial is from a site named: "RightWing News - Stand up, Speak out, Fight Back!". Not exactly the most trustworthy source. I mean the whole purpose of the site is to pander to right wing ideals.

Fair enough and that is a good point. You see people like yourself who make clear and concise points like this are far more likely to change my mind than those who just attack me because they do not agree with my stance.

link   

it doesn't matter what i think...

But you felt it did enough to interject yourself into the conversation without even watching the video.

...also you never answered my question it was a tougher one maybe that's why you didn't answer.

About sucker punches? No, not all punches are sucker punches.

Now try answering mine.

edit on 2-9-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he is not a religious nutter

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join