It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop films himself on bodycam taking a brick of marijuana and giving to his girlfriend

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Details details ....

It is possible i glossed over that fact....

edit on 30-8-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

i don't think bashing this guy is fair. He did what most police probably do already. just he ws silly enough to get caught.

police are corrupt as anything in USA.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel

i don't think bashing this guy is fair. He did what most police probably do already. just he ws silly enough to get caught.

exactly.. it's been going on for years... i knew someone 20 years ago that bought his weed from the local police... the fact that this one got caught just means the force wanted him out

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel

And corrupt people deserve to be ragged on when they get caught. Did you ever stop to think this guy sent people to jail for the same thing he and his girlfriend was doing? He deserves a Darwin award and is living proof that karma can be a B.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Details details ....

It is possible i glossed over that fact....

No problem. I thought you were trolling at first lol. It's hard to tell with text.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

A shame Obama would have him do hard FELONY time (as a cop in prison and all that)... then not be able to vote; own a gun;

I wasn't aware of the fact that Obama created the laws that controlled certain substances and limited voting and firearm possession for felons. Good to know.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Breathtaking!

A shame Obama would have him do hard FELONY time (as a cop in prison and all that)... then not be able to vote; own a gun; get a decent job; etc.

Hopefully he doesn't get raped while in prison...

What's breathtaking is you dragging Obama into this issue for no reason.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

a reply to: Sremmos80

He could end Marijuana Prohibition, via Executive Order, yet even though it hardest harms the black community He supposedly loves, He wont.

Likewise, even essentially all of the resident ATS progressives / etc that carry on in all these black stuff threads as if they care about them wont support it either:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

TOTAL HYPOCRISY DRIPPING WITH OPPRESSION.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

As if the Republicans don't also support the War on Drugs, even though they also know it disproportionately hurts minority communities. Only the Green Party and Libertarians claim they'd end the War on Drugs, and neither of them has any power at the State, local, or federal level (yet).

Plus this occurred in New Mexico, the home of Sheriff Joe and other extreme conservative views.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

As if the Republicans don't also support the War on Drugs, even though they also know it disproportionately hurts minority communities. Only the Green Party and Libertarians claim they'd end the War on Drugs, and neither of them has any power at the State, local, or federal level (yet).

Sure. But I'm not a republican nor was I speaking for them.

They're called the RACISTS (the dirtiest word these days outside the N Bomb), yet the most racist policy ever, that Obama could have ended already, he hasn't, Hillary expanded it, but 'only' the conservatives are the RACISTS. I actually pity them, how far gone (hypocritically especially) everything has become.

Clearly I think both "sides" are just as guilty for their continued support of the War on Drugs.

However, you're the one who brought President Obama into this, even though the OP has nothing to do with him. So I simply pointed out that if you're going to try to put this on him, you need to put it on the other side as well. Especially since they've also refused to pass anything decriminalizing MJ in either chamber of Congress (which Repubs control). I suspect Repubs would just try to pass new War on Drugs legislation if Obama overturned it, anyway.

Besides, don't conservatives say that if/when they win the White House again, they'll overturn as many of his executive orders as possible? So why should anyone believe they wouldn't overturn one decriminalizing maryjane when they're still in favor of criminalizing it?
Why do we have to put it on the other side as well?

Obama is the the one right now that could end it. But he doesnt. But his daughter is ok to smoke it with no repercussions.

As for this cop I hope he goes to prison and does hard time. Because I bet he locked up countless people for the same damm thing.

Hypocrites the whole bunch of them. Obama the biggest.
edit on 30-8-2016 by imsoconfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Obama is the the one right now that could end it.

How can he end anything? At this point Congress isn't willing to accept anything he proposes.

Or are you just saying the president can declare changes to laws and they go into effect?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Obama is the the one right now that could end it.

How can he end anything? At this point Congress isn't willing to accept anything he proposes.

Or are you just saying the president can declare changes to laws and they go into effect?

He could at least effing try. 8 years he has had to make a difference and we are still locking people up for a HARMLESS plant that he smoked and probably still does and his own children smoke.

And the last 2 presidents b4 him smoked. But we are still being locked up for it. So yeah its Obamas fault like it or not.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused

They're called the RACISTS (the dirtiest word these days outside the N Bomb), yet the most racist policy ever, that Obama could have ended already, he hasn't, Hillary expanded it, but 'only' the conservatives are the RACISTS. I actually pity them, how far gone (hypocritically especially) everything has become.

Clearly I think both "sides" are just as guilty for their continued support of the War on Drugs.

However, you're the one who brought President Obama into this, even though the OP has nothing to do with him. So I simply pointed out that if you're going to try to put this on him, you need to put it on the other side as well. Especially since they've also refused to pass anything decriminalizing MJ in either chamber of Congress (which Repubs control). I suspect Repubs would just try to pass new War on Drugs legislation if Obama overturned it, anyway.

Besides, don't conservatives say that if/when they win the White House again, they'll overturn as many of his executive orders as possible? So why should anyone believe they wouldn't overturn one decriminalizing maryjane when they're still in favor of criminalizing it?

Obama is the the one right now that could end it. But he doesnt. But his daughter is ok to smoke it with no repercussions.

As for this cop I hope he goes to prison and does hard time. Because I bet he locked up countless people for the same damm thing.

Actually, you're wrong. Congress can also end it. In fact, Congress can end the entire "War on Drugs" if they choose to. But they simply refuse to pass any new legislation softening or ending the "War on Drugs".

What's with the right wing refusing to hold your own politicians accountable? They control both houses of Congress, yet are somehow immune to any criticism for not passing new laws to fix any of our current problems.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Actually, you're wrong. Congress can also end it. In fact, Congress can end the entire "War on Drugs" if they choose to. But they simply refuse to pass any new legislation softening or ending the "War on Drugs".

What's with the right wing refusing to hold your own politicians accountable? They control both houses of Congress, yet are somehow immune to any criticism for not passing new laws to fix any of our current problems.

I Hold them all accountable not just the left. I hate Reagan because of the War on drugs. All of them are accountable but since Obama is the MAN right now he is the most accountable.

He could pardon everyone that is locked up for weed could he not? And every time they locked someone else up he could pardon them could he not? Until they got the point.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

It's actually not as easy as you suggest for the President to do that:
Can The President End Federal Marijuana Prohibition Himself? Probably Not.

Yet, Mark Kleiman, a highly respected expert in drug policy insists that simply Rescheduling is largely meaningless, and the ability to end federal marijuana prohibition requires an act of Congress.

If the DEA Administrator decided that the drug had “accepted medical use,” that would move it to Schedule II, making cannabis legally available by prescription. Selling it without a prescription would remain the same crime it is today. (Recall that coc aine and methamphetamine are Schedule II drugs.)

But prescriptions can only be written for FDA-approved drugs. And the FDA can’t approve “marijuana,” because “marijuana” isn’t something that can be put through clinical trials. The New Drug Application would have to be for a specific cannabis preparation, to be given in a specific dosage regimen via a specific route of administration for the treatment of a specific condition. That “new drug” could be a single molecule a combination, an herbal preparation, or an extract. In any case, it would have to have a known and reproducible chemical composition and be produced using “Good Manufacturing Practice.” Producing cannabis without FDA approval would still be the illegal manufacture of a Schedule II controlled substance.

Again, Kleiman insists that what advocates almost certainly are asking for is an explicit exemption from the Federal drug schedules, which requires rewriting the law, not just reclassification:

Alcohol and tobacco, both highly abusable drugs with no accepted medical use, would be Schedule I, but they are explicitly exempted in the text of the law:

The term [controlled substance] does not include distilled spirits, wine, malt beverages, or tobacco.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Our Police criminals are just so smart these days.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yet, Mark Kleiman, a highly respected expert in drug policy insists that simply Rescheduling is largely meaningless, and the ability to end federal marijuana prohibition requires an act of Congress.

If the DEA Administrator decided that the drug had “accepted medical use,” that would move it to Schedule II, making cannabis legally available by prescription. Selling it without a prescription would remain the same crime it is today. (Recall that coc aine and methamphetamine are Schedule II drugs.)

But prescriptions can only be written for FDA-approved drugs. And the FDA can’t approve “marijuana,” because “marijuana” isn’t something that can be put through clinical trials. The New Drug Application would have to be for a specific cannabis preparation, to be given in a specific dosage regimen via a specific route of administration for the treatment of a specific condition. That “new drug” could be a single molecule a combination, an herbal preparation, or an extract. In any case, it would have to have a known and reproducible chemical composition and be produced using “Good Manufacturing Practice.” Producing cannabis without FDA approval would still be the illegal manufacture of a Schedule II controlled substance.

Again, Kleiman insists that what advocates almost certainly are asking for is an explicit exemption from the Federal drug schedules, which requires rewriting the law, not just reclassification:

Alcohol and tobacco, both highly abusable drugs with no accepted medical use, would be Schedule I, but they are explicitly exempted in the text of the law:

The term [controlled substance] does not include distilled spirits, wine, malt beverages, or tobacco.

Again just start pardoning people it would end quick.

Eta So why isnt the "savior" saving all these people that are locked up? Because he is just as crooked as the rest of them. Hillary wont do SH!T to end it and neither will TRump.
edit on 30-8-2016 by imsoconfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: imsoconfused

That's not really going to change the law though; plus he's already doing that. It's just going to shoot Obama's pardon count through the roof (which is already higher than the last 7 Presidents).

President Obama Has Now Commuted the Sentences of 348 Individuals

Today, the President announced 42 additional grants of clemency to men and women serving years in prison under outdated and unduly harsh sentencing laws. The individuals receiving a presidential commutation today have more than repaid their debt to society and earned this second chance.

To date, the President has commuted the sentences of 348 individuals -- more than the previous seven Presidents combined. He remains committed to using his clemency power throughout the remainder of the Administration to give more deserving individuals that same second chance.

Don't get me wrong. The above is AWESOME and I hope he continues to do this, but it isn't an actual solution to the problem. Just a stop-gap method or bandaid.
edit on 30-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Even if he did and this guy did what he did he he would still be in trouble!

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Again just start pardoning people it would end quick.

Crickets.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Research how the US government functions. It may have been taught in school on a day you were not there.

Maybe Obama made you miss school that day.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join