It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop films himself on bodycam taking a brick of marijuana and giving to his girlfriend

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: imsoconfused

a reply to: imsoconfused

Pardoning everyone would be a mistake. Not everyone in jail for drugs are solely in jail for drugs. What about all the violent criminals? Would you want a rapist to get off just because when he was arrested for rape he was also charged with marijuana possession?

Actually I am just talking about weed. for now . But what I choose to smoke, drink, snort, mainline, swallow or shove up my ass is my business and the government needs to stay the hell out of it.

I agree. I want to end the war on drugs too, but sorting the people solely in jail for drugs from the others is rather hard. That's why Obama's number is only in the 300's so far. Keep in mind that his numbers are STILL higher than the last seven other Presidents. So you can't say he is doing nothing. He's done more than any other President since the WoD was ramped up by Nixon and then Reagan.

Honestly 300 is a joke when over 750,000 people a year are arrested for weed, and 80% of those is simple possession. Just because it is more than other presidents doesn't make it any less of a travesty.

It's nice to see you FINALLY using real numbers and statistics (though you had to steal that first number from one of my sources without actually ever admitting you've been wrong about literally everything you've said), but where did you get that 80% number from? Another made up statistic... I know it wasn't from either of the two sources I just posted.

I was hoping Obama would change that but lets be honest he has not done sh!t.

How can you not give him credit for doing more than any President before him? The 300+ released inmates, forcing the DOJ to stop pursuing grow operations for medical and legal weed, as well as the most critical part letting the marijuana experiment continue for the last 4 years uninterrupted.

Just because the WoD isn't over doesn't mean that Obama did nothing here. You should give credit where it is due instead of just baselessly and ignorantly whining about the current politician in charge of the country.

I would vote for a half black half Mexican bisexual transgender democrepublican who was born in North Korea if it would just end the drug war.

In the world of politics things are rarely done all at once. Especially when it comes to the government admitting mistakes. These things take time and are usually accomplished with baby steps. This is a process not a one-and-done deal. If you don't have the patience for it then you are just part of the problem and aren't helping anything.

PS: If you truly care about this, have you donated to NORML yet? How about reaching out to politicians to let them know how you feel? How about donating to pro-marijuana candidates like Gary Johnson? Of course, you haven't even properly researched the current statistics on the war on drugs, so I doubt you've done any of this. Just whining on the internet right?

Right here like anyone has to steal your sh!it. get over yourself.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-8-2016 by imsoconfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Research how the US government functions. It may have been taught in school on a day you were not there.

Maybe Obama made you miss school that day.

So are you saying Obama cant pardon who he chooses ?

Reagan or Bush senior made me miss school that day.

The President can pardon federal crimes.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Blah, Deflection, Blah, these articles.

Truth isn't a deflection just because you don't like what it says.

The DEA can reschedule it as oregano, if Obama wanted them to.

Um... No...

He's had 8 years. Completely ending the War On Drugs might very well have been an unreasonable expectation for him, but setting the tide in motion starting with "marijuana" (a racist term) he could have easly done by now.

He DID do this. Obama was the one who has been allowing Colorado and all the other states to keep their legal weed markets open for the last 4 years. He's also been pardoning people in jail for low level drug offenses and has directed the DOJ and DEA to scale back raids on grow operations. Or is all this information you are conveniently forgetting so you can keep pushing your idiotic partisan attack?

Let me rephrase this: If the Media would have gotten out of Ron Paul's way in '08 (the same way they've been n Trump's way in '16), and let him beat Obama, and was wrapping up his 2nd term like Obama, this whole issue would be old news, while this story here wouldn't even be "news".

Ah. Now it's the media's fault... Hey guy, you do know that Trump hasn't said word 1 about legalizing or even allowing medical marijuana right?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

How can you not give him credit for doing more than any President before him? The 300+ released inmates, forcing the DOJ to stop pursuing grow operations for medical and legal weed, as well as the most critical part letting the marijuana experiment continue for the last 4 years uninterrupted.

300 isn't even a drops in the bucket. It's hardly even mist particles. It's like the dew at night that dries up as soon as the sun rises.

Has he let up on pot?

edit on 30-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Ok good, you sourced that claim, but why was that the only thing you answered? Answer this:

PS: If you truly care about this, have you donated to NORML yet? How about reaching out to politicians to let them know how you feel? How about donating to pro-marijuana candidates like Gary Johnson? Of course, you haven't even properly researched the current statistics on the war on drugs, so I doubt you've done any of this. Just whining on the internet right?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
300 is more than the last SEVEN president combined, or did you ignore that source I posted too?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Ok good, you sourced that claim, but why was that the only thing you answered? Answer this:

You sure do assume alot. Again get over your self. Noo ne has to steal your stuff. Why is your article right and mine wrong answer that?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

300 is more than the last SEVEN president combined, or did you ignore that source I posted too?

Lmao. Look at this though. You would rather be right than happy.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Plus this occurred in New Mexico, the home of Sheriff Joe and other extreme conservative views.

ACK! No! That's Arizona, our seedy neighbor! New Mexico is a blue state and embraces the Latino community and progressive views. The home of Santa Fe and Taos.

Oh, yeah, this corrupt cop is getting what he deserves.

And... Damn you, Obama! *shakes fist* This is all your fault! Why, I oughtta...

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Your own article, not that I saw, didn't say the DEA couldn't reschedule it. It simply conflated the issue by saying how 'futile' it would be in regards the decriminalization concept under a Schedule II shift.

Has he been giving CO a pass? Obama's IRS sure as hell hasn't been.

Feds Slap 70% Tax on Legal Marijuana Businesses
Legal marijuana sales in Colorado and Washington State have grossed billions, but legal dealers will see little of that thanks to a draconian federal law meant to punish street pushers.

In one of the first years of legal sales, 2015, Colorado moved nearly $1 billion worth of marijuana and is estimated to take in $135 million in taxes on it. Meanwhile, Washington is expected to pull in around $1 billion in revenue from sales taxes between 2015 and 2019. Despite technically being illegal on the federal level, these businesses must file taxes to the Internal Revenue Service—and they may pay as much as 70 percent in taxes to the feds.

That’s thanks to Section 280E of the tax code. Congress passed the measure in 1982 so that businesses who are “trafficking in controlled substances” that are prohibited by federal law may not utilize many tax deductions and credits available to other businesses, like deducting rent and employee-related expenses. That means a marijuana business owner can pay an effective tax rate as high as 70 percent, as opposed to the more typical 30 percent rate.

Yeah, actually, it was the Media's fault RP got the shaft.

Just like they're complicit in ELECTIONEERING all the "elections", and psuhig the Politics Of Fear narrative with the War On Drugs (along with many issues such as driving the School Shooting Contagion Effect (SSCE)), and so on.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

You sure do assume alot. Again get over your self. Noo ne has to steal your stuff. Why is your article right and mine wrong answer that?

I didn't say your article was wrong, so no I won't be doing that.

link   

You are absolutely not pro legalization if you think Obama has done a good job or Bush or Clinton. You can say you are all you want but until you realize its them that do it to us you are on their side.

I think you just say you are for stars and flags.

link   

Lmao. Look at this though. You would rather be right than happy.

Actually I like being right AND happy

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Plus this occurred in New Mexico, the home of Sheriff Joe and other extreme conservative views.

ACK! No! That's Arizona, our seedy neighbor! New Mexico is a blue state and embraces the Latino community and progressive views. The home of Santa Fe and Taos.

Oh, yeah, this corrupt cop is getting what he deserves.

And... Damn you, Obama! *shakes fist* This is all your fault! Why, I oughtta...

Good point. Thanks for the correction. I got my southwest states mixed up.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I didn't say your article was wrong, so no I won't be doing that.

No you said I dont know anything for myself. And everything I posted was wrong.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

You are absolutely not pro legalization if you think Obama has done a good job or Bush or Clinton. You can say you are all you want but until you realize its them that do it to us you are on their side.

I think you just say you are for stars and flags.

Yeah, that must be why I'm so much better informed than you right?

So you haven't donated to NORML then? I bet you don't even know what it is.
edit on 30-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I certainly agree that Pres Obama should use more pardons. You'll get no complaints from me on that suggestion.

But there are 435 members of the House of representatives and 100 Senators. Their job is to pass laws that will affect the entire country. And they each get paid at least $174,000 each, with House and Senate leadership members making $193,400 to $223,500 a year. Oh yeah, and that doesn't include their Members' Representational Allowances (basically an expense account), which range from $1,270,129 to $1,564,613 for each member. So in my eyes, it doesn't make sense to blame the president when there are 535 other people who also refuse to change the laws on this subject.

Plus, they can change the laws in much more meaningful ways. If they wanted to, they can completely end drug prohibition, allocate funding for new drug rehabilitation programs, set up a new agency that strictly focuses on researching rehabilitation methods & positive uses for drugs, etc. As long as their new laws don't violate the constitution, there's virtually no other limit to what they can legislate on this subject. But they refuse to do anything about it.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I never said things were perfect! Clearly the war on drugs is still happening otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation. I'm just not ok with just blanket blaming Obama because you fail to understand the nuances on why the war on drugs continues.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

directed the DOJ and DEA to scale back raids on grow operations.

Uhm so he can tell them what to do? is that what you are saying?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Like I said, 300 in the bucket is about tantamount to being morning dew that dries up with the sunrise, rather than being drops in the bucket. I'd bet more than 300 War On Drugs "offenders" will be prison raped just today alone. Then there's the beatings (by criminals and CO's). I wonder how many pot offenders are in "the shoe" today?

Anyways, Clinton commuted more than 400 criminals on his exit, including high level coc aine traffickers (that he had ties to), and FALN communist terrorists, at least one pedophile, etc.
en.wikipedia.org...
So Obama over 8 years has pardoned 300+ drug offenders, apparently. Anxious to see his list of last second exit day pardons he does as he exits the building...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join