It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop films himself on bodycam taking a brick of marijuana and giving to his girlfriend

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: imsoconfused

That's not really going to change the law though; plus he's already doing that. It's just going to shoot Obama's pardon count through the roof (which is already higher than the last 7 Presidents).

President Obama Has Now Commuted the Sentences of 348 Individuals

Today, the President announced 42 additional grants of clemency to men and women serving years in prison under outdated and unduly harsh sentencing laws. The individuals receiving a presidential commutation today have more than repaid their debt to society and earned this second chance.

To date, the President has commuted the sentences of 348 individuals -- more than the previous seven Presidents combined. He remains committed to using his clemency power throughout the remainder of the Administration to give more deserving individuals that same second chance.

Don't get me wrong. The above is AWESOME and I hope he continues to do this, but it isn't an actual solution to the problem. Just a stop-gap method or bandaid.

Pardon everyone. That is no where near good enough and you know it. If he pardoned all of them it would end right away.

Why dont people on the left see this. Just more excuses and well look at this though. I know you dont agree with pot laws from some of your previous threads. So why do you make excuses for him? He is the top lawmaker is he not?

If I were saying all of this about W. 9 years ago you would be agreeing with me completely.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Research how the US government functions. It may have been taught in school on a day you were not there.

Maybe Obama made you miss school that day.

So are you saying Obama cant pardon who he chooses ?

Reagan or Bush senior made me miss school that day.
edit on 30-8-2016 by imsoconfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Pardoning everyone would be a mistake. Not everyone in jail for drugs are solely in jail for drugs. What about all the violent criminals? Would you want a rapist to get off just because when he was arrested for rape he was also charged with marijuana possession?

If I were saying all of this about W. 9 years ago you would be agreeing with me completely.

Don't put words in my mouth. I am one of the biggest proponents of marijuana legalization on these forums. I'm not arguing with you because I think marijuana should stay illegal, nor am I doing it to defend Obama. I'm merely correcting you because your solutions are too simplistic for how things work in the government.
edit on 30-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Pardoning everyone would be a mistake. Not everyone in jail for drugs are solely in jail for drugs. What about all the violent criminals? Would you want a rapist to get off just because when he was arrested for rape he was also charged with marijuana possession?

Actually I am just talking about weed. for now . But what I choose to smoke, drink, snort, mainline, swallow or shove up my ass is my business and the government needs to stay the hell out of it.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

How would him choosing to pardon all pot crimes for sale or possesion not solve it? They could stiil charge people but what would be the point?

You know thats like 70% of our prison population right?

And no he would still be in jail for rape. I would be fine with them dropping the possession charge.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

What's breathtaking is you dragging Obama into this issue for no reason.

Obama's DEA / FDA / etc. Marijuana Prohibition is on him. He's had 8 years to undo it, but hasn't. It proves this idea he cares about anybody, blacks in particular, is a SHAM.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused

Actually I am just talking about weed. for now . But what I choose to smoke, drink, snort, mainline, swallow or shove up my ass is my business and the government needs to stay the hell out of it.

I agree. I want to end the war on drugs too, but sorting the people solely in jail for drugs from the others is rather hard. That's why Obama's number is only in the 300's so far. Keep in mind that his numbers are STILL higher than the last seven other Presidents. So you can't say he is doing nothing. He's done more than any other President since the WoD was ramped up by Nixon and then Reagan.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Idk about pardoning all for sale, I'm 100% pro legalization but I have to agree with Krazy here that you are being a hit simplistic. Distribution is a different beast than possession. While I am sure there is plenty in there on some trumped up distribution charge the other side is true too, that there are probably people in there who should be for what they were doing.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

And you are ignoring that even if he did this guy would still be in trouble! Literally has nothing to do with this outside of you just reaching to find a way to blame obama...
Aldo you might want to look into who has been fighting him on it. Oh and the outrage every time he does something using his pen and phone.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

You are just the king of citing incorrect and non-sourced information aren't you? Here's the third time I'm going to correct you in this thread. It's not even Close to 70%

Myth: Prisons are full of people in for marijuana possession

Fact: About 750,000 people are arrested every year for marijuana offenses in the U.S. There's a lot of variation across states in what happens next. Not all arrests lead to prosecutions, and relatively few people prosecuted and convicted of simple possession end up in jail. Most are fined or are placed into community supervision. About 40,000 inmates of state and federal prison have a current conviction involving marijuana, and about half of them are in for marijuana offenses alone; most of these were involved in distribution. Less than one percent are in for possession alone.

Hell, even if you count everyone in jail for ALL drug possessions it only raises to 50%

And no he would still be in jail for rape. I would be fine with them dropping the possession charge.

We don't do selective pardoning in this country.
edit on 30-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

What's breathtaking is you dragging Obama into this issue for no reason.

Obama's DEA / FDA / etc. Marijuana Prohibition is on him. He's had 8 years to undo it, but hasn't. It proves this idea he cares about anybody, blacks in particular, is a SHAM.

No, all it proves is that your partisan nonsense is blinding you to all the information I've posted in this thread that has shown how Obama cannot be responsible for this, but you just want to blame him anyways.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I agree. I want to end the war on drugs too, but sorting the people solely in jail for drugs from the others is rather hard. That's why Obama's number is only in the 300's so far. Keep in mind that his numbers are STILL higher than the last seven other Presidents. So you can't say he is doing nothing. He's done more than any other President since the WoD was ramped up by Nixon and then Reagan.

Honestly 300 is a joke when over 750,000 people a year are arrested for weed, and 80% of those is simple possession. Just because it is more than other presidents doesn't make it any less of a travesty.

I was hoping Obama would change that but lets be honest he has not done sh!t.

I would vote for a half black half Mexican bisexual transgender democrepublican who was born in North Korea if it would just end the drug war.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Distribution is a different beast than possession.

Why? How can you be pro legalization but say distribution should be illegal? I mean wtf?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

And you are ignoring that even if he did this guy would still be in trouble! Literally has nothing to do with this outside of you just reaching to find a way to blame obama...
Aldo you might want to look into who has been fighting him on it. Oh and the outrage every time he does something using his pen and phone.

So if weed was totally legal would this guy still be in trouble? At least for this. would there have been weed in an evidence room for him to steal?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

You are just the king of citing incorrect and non-sourced information aren't you? Here's the third time I'm going to correct you in this thread. It's not even Close to 70%

Fact: About 750,000 people are arrested every year for marijuana offenses in the U.S. There's a lot of variation across states in what happens next. Not all arrests lead to prosecutions, and relatively few people prosecuted and convicted of simple possession end up in jail. Most are fined or are placed into community supervision. About 40,000 inmates of state and federal prison have a current conviction involving marijuana, and about half of them are in for marijuana offenses alone; most of these were involved in distribution. Less than one percent are in for possession alone.

Hell, even if you count everyone in jail for ALL drug possessions it only raises to 50%

That is quoting prisons alone. Not jails. people do 30 days or go to jail for a night or a weekend all the time for simple possession alone.

Do I really need to source that. I went to jail for it.

But keep defending the drug laws i know you would rather be right than happy.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Dp.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

It's actually not as easy as you suggest for the President to do that:
Can The President End Federal Marijuana Prohibition Himself? Probably Not.

[Yet, Mark Kleiman, a highly respected expert in drug policy insists that simply Rescheduling is largely meaningless, and the ability to end federal marijuana prohibition requires an act of Congress.

If the DEA Administrator decided that the drug had “accepted medical use,” that would move it to Schedule II, making cannabis legally available by prescription. Selling it without a prescription would remain the same crime it is today. (Recall that coc aine and methamphetamine are Schedule II drugs.)

But prescriptions can only be written for FDA-approved drugs. And the FDA can’t approve “marijuana,” because “marijuana” isn’t something that can be put through clinical trials. The New Drug Application would have to be for a specific cannabis preparation, to be given in a specific dosage regimen via a specific route of administration for the treatment of a specific condition. That “new drug” could be a single molecule a combination, an herbal preparation, or an extract. In any case, it would have to have a known and reproducible chemical composition and be produced using “Good Manufacturing Practice.” Producing cannabis without FDA approval would still be the illegal manufacture of a Schedule II controlled substance.]

[Again, Kleiman insists that what advocates almost certainly are asking for is an explicit exemption from the Federal drug schedules, which requires rewriting the law, not just reclassification:

Alcohol and tobacco, both highly abusable drugs with no accepted medical use, would be Schedule I, but they are explicitly exempted in the text of the law:

The term [controlled substance] does not include distilled spirits, wine, malt beverages, or tobacco.]

Blah, Deflection, Blah, these articles.

The DEA can reschedule it as oregano, if Obama wanted them to.

Then he could bind it over to the ATF as tobacco & alcohol (which have NO accepted medical use), if he wanted them to.

He's had 8 years. Completely ending the War On Drugs might very well have been an unreasonable expectation for him, but setting the tide in motion starting with "marijuana" (a racist term) he could have easly done by now.

Let me rephrase this: If the Media would have gotten out of Ron Paul's way in '08 (the same way they've been n Trump's way in '16), and let him beat Obama, and was wrapping up his 2nd term like Obama, this whole issue would be old news, while this story here wouldn't even be "news".

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Honestly 300 is a joke when over 750,000 people a year are arrested for weed, and 80% of those is simple possession. Just because it is more than other presidents doesn't make it any less of a travesty.

It's nice to see you FINALLY using real numbers and statistics (though you had to steal that first number from one of my sources without actually ever admitting you've been wrong about literally everything you've said), but where did you get that 80% number from? Another made up statistic... I know it wasn't from either of the two sources I just posted.

I was hoping Obama would change that but lets be honest he has not done sh!t.

How can you not give him credit for doing more than any President before him? The 300+ released inmates, forcing the DOJ to stop pursuing grow operations for medical and legal weed, as well as the most critical part letting the marijuana experiment continue for the last 4 years uninterrupted.

Just because the WoD isn't over doesn't mean that Obama did nothing here. You should give credit where it is due instead of just baselessly and ignorantly whining about the current politician in charge of the country.

I would vote for a half black half Mexican bisexual transgender democrepublican who was born in North Korea if it would just end the drug war.

In the world of politics things are rarely done all at once. Especially when it comes to the government admitting mistakes. These things take time and are usually accomplished with baby steps. This is a process not a one-and-done deal. If you don't have the patience for it then you are just part of the problem and aren't helping anything.

PS: If you truly care about this, have you donated to NORML yet? How about reaching out to politicians to let them know how you feel? How about donating to pro-marijuana candidates like Gary Johnson? Of course, you haven't even properly researched the current statistics on the war on drugs, so I doubt you've done any of this. Just whining on the internet right?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

a reply to: Sremmos80

Distribution is a different beast than possession.

Why? How can you be pro legalization but say distribution should be illegal? I mean wtf?

You can't legally make moonshine and sell it (distribution ). Hell, you can't even buy it and resell it (distribution ) without a license to do so.

And alcohol is 100% legal in most counties of the USA.

Same principle.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

That is quoting prisons alone. Not jails. people do 30 days or go to jail for a night or a weekend all the time for simple possession alone.

Do I really need to source that. I went to jail for it.

But keep defending the drug laws i know you would rather be right than happy.

I'd love it if you sourced ANYTHING, but you haven't done that. Just baseless claims that get proven wrong over and over again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join