It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 1/2 proof the Mandela Effect is bogus.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saylesie17
a reply to: Saylesie17

Oh time travel, yeah as if that was possible. You guys still think it is in this day and age lol. I remember that guy who came from err when was it 2031 or something and all you guys sucked it all up lol. As if that was ever possible.

This is not the same as that.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

His name was John Titor or something.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

His name was John Titor or something.

It was and that is an entirely different thing.
edit on 18-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Hell No, there wa never ever ever a Gun in the Wizard of Oz

But then I looked it up and there was.

Maybe I just smoke or drink too much though, lol

Just found out, Futurama made fun of having a gun in Wizard of Oz too

^ a reply to: reldra
edit on 18-8-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Ok so what is it then.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The OP's question was 'if the Mandela Effect is even 1/2 right' why do we not notice people disappearing?

The answer is that people would not disappear, generally. If there was a timeline change that wiped them out of reality, you wouldn't notice as you wouldn't have known they existed.

The ME is not exactly the same as that. It is small things that change and you know them to not be correct. On occasion, it is the death of a person you clearly recall and yet, they are still here. It is not one or two things, it normaly adds up to 50 or 100 things or more as you investigate.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: GoShredAK

Hell No, there wa never ever ever a Gun in the Wizard of Oz, that's ridiculous

Well, there is now.

It does look odd, too. It isn;t photoshop. You will find it in every version of the movie. Along with the 3ft plumber's wrench.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111
lol im actually stumped too. id like to hear some reasonable explanations for this theory.

i read a thread on reddit that talks about how to jump to other dimensions using two glasses of water and focusing on your intent to shift realities by pouring one glass of water into the other.... to me it just seems like a placebo effect of some sort

Sounds like a good way to get a wet table.... in one timeline.
edit on b000000312016-08-18T18:57:56-05:0006America/ChicagoThu, 18 Aug 2016 18:57:56 -0500600000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Have you guys been watching that show, 11 23 63, because it sounds like that.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Here is the truth of it:

You cannot prove the Mandela Effect is real. You cannot prove a "time line shift' or a "dimensional shift".

In order for the Mandela Effect to be real, you have to prove 1st and foremost that a "timeline/dimensional Shift" is possible and you can't.

Therefore, the most reasonable explanation is a faulty memory. A faulty memory can be proven faulty.

Sorry to say it, but, the Mandela Effect folks are NOT unique snowflakes. You are just as faulty as everyone else in almost every way imaginable including memory.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Have you guys been watching that show, 11 23 63, because it sounds like that.

I saw eipsode 1.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
Here is the truth of it:

You cannot prove the Mandela Effect is real. You cannot prove a "time line shift' or a "dimensional shift".

In order for the Mandela Effect to be real, you have to prove 1st and foremost that a "timeline/dimensional Shift" is possible and you can't.

Therefore, the most reasonable explanation is a faulty memory. A faulty memory can be proven faulty.

Sorry to say it, but, the Mandela Effect folks are NOT unique snowflakes. You are just as faulty as everyone else in almost every way imaginable including memory.

It is an unproven theory. Just like you can't prove it isn't real. The most simple answer is not 'faulty memory'. The most simple answer would be occam's razor. That failed on the ME a long time ago as so many poeple have found so many examples and some residual proofs.

Faulty memory is no longer the most simple answer.

The people who show up just to debunk it are not special snowflakes either.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: wdkirk
Here is the truth of it:

It is an unproven theory. Just like you can't prove it isn't real. The most simple answer is not 'faulty memory'. The most simple answer would be occam's razor. That failed on the ME a long time ago as so many poeple have found so many examples and some residual proofs.

Faulty memory is no longer the most simple answer.

The people who show up just to debunk it are not special snowflakes either.

No. The simplest answer is that it is a Faulty Memory.

Even the examples have been debunked. There are so many threads on this subject on ATS alone and each one offers the evidence of it being faulty memory. Go read some of those threads.

We are all regular snowflakes who accept that a memory can be and is faulty.

You can believe so deeply in something to be true and still be wrong.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I love how ME makes use of artists misinterpreted drawings of the human body or the universe. How most examples are based on pop culture and urban legends. Ignores the fact as scientists become more knowledgeable, our knowledge of the human body and universe becomes more fined tuned. Knowledge grows over time like a tree.

I remember it was text book the galaxies were slowing down and the universe would collapse.

I remember CPR was ten chest compressions and two breaths. Now it's thirty chest compressions and two or no breaths.

I do remember CPR training always taught to press on the center of the chess to compress the heart. I dare ME backers to find CPR training that teaches otherwise that was sanctioned be the medical association.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Wizard of Oz....gun in scarecrow's hands....water pistol....

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Time travel is impossible other than the seconds and minutes we pass through each day. We are all time travellers because we live through it but jumping in to the far future or past is a load of rubbish.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: imjack

Nope, there is an equally memory challenged person in their previous timeline who is wondering why his kidney's are on his shoulders instead of where they normally are and thinks everyone is pulling his leg about some family of bears.

Ha. Well, kidneys on the shoulders would be a lot more compelling than the drastic "changes" we hear about in this timeline.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: savemebarry

originally posted by: imjack
Assuming people are 'shifting' realities, I have one question to those who believe in this:
Why do we not notice anyone disappearing?

Are we to assume people are only shifting-'in' to this universe/dimension? That's the only explainable way I can see people not noticing other people just vanishing, as I would assume one would if he were to shift to another dimension.

They don't disappear. If you understand this theory at all, you would know a version of each person exists in each timeline.

Ahh so we're not shifting timelines, but switching into alternate selves?

Really? I hope you're not serious now...

I would think that is the same thing.

And too many people see this. I think it is the 'impaired' that cannot see it or even see it yet state it is not possible. I have seen poeple on reddit state that they see it, yet still do not believe it.

Well, I think many people are aware of the inconsistencies among people (and within themselves) in what they think is the right name, location, spelling, death date etc. People are not "impaired" because they attribute them to other, more realistic causes.
edit on 18-8-2016 by paperdoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: paperdoll
Ha. Well, kidneys on the shoulders would be a lot more compelling than the drastic "changes" we hear about in this timeline.

In my timeline Nelson Mandela never existed so we call it 'The Effect that would occur if there actually were a Mandela'.

Or faulty memory. Whichever.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Deleted scenes from Oz.. ahhh.

And CP30 had a silver leg in the Betamax versions of Star Wars

edit on 18-8-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join