It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 1/2 proof the Mandela Effect is bogus.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Why wouldn't everyone see/feel or realise this so called "time shift" or other dimension change at once?

Does it only happen to a select few or extends to the globe?

If it were happening, then it has to be on a global scale as we're all the same species,,, so to me it's all mind related like déjà vu type deal, been there seen that before or did I?

In reality nothing has changed just perception of it might have.

Only looking for the truth as we all are.
edit on 18-8-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
while im still on the fence about this...i try to keep an open mind

i think we still know too little about our consciousness...and there may be ways to split it off into fragments and multiples..

ive experienced some crazy stuff in dream states where i was very much aware and awake..some people may say its only a dream but i beg to differ...

ive experienced having a "dual perspective" and "double vision" where i saw,felt, sensed my body asleep but was actively conscious and in another scene feeling and seeing all around me there as well

it was wild

also ive had 360 degree vision and been able to see everything around me at once without the sensation of a body. that was wild too...

however when not in one of these states i think our physical human senses cannot fathom multiple existences during the day

i think we need more evidence other then names of songs and books

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29
Why wouldn't everyone see/feel or realise this so called "time shift" or other dissemination change at once?

It it were happening, then it has to be on a global scale as we're all the same species,,, so to me it's all mind related like déjà vu type deal, been there seen that before or did I?

Not everyone notices it (possibly because it hasn;t happened to them) and some percent notice it, yet will not believe it.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

That doesn't even make sense. Only YOU think things have changed, when everyone else has switched timelines?

It's a load of bunk, come on stop trying to give it legs...

lmao

Why are you threatened by people discussing 'possibilities' or attempting to propose various ideas (simply ideas). It's really no different than an old physicist who once proposed a cat*, inside a box, both alive and dead at the same time. Granted he was well versed in mathematics, but really it's no different.

I'm really having a hard time to understand why people treat these things like mere discussion of the phenomena, will suddenly validate it, so it destroys your own known universe (or perhaps its reflective of the worldview instead?).

As a thought experiment, it serves as an imaginative effort to interpret our universe (and possibly others), it's a creative outlet, a meta-physical mystery & so long as it's treated as a thought experiment, it serves no harm. Attacking it simply makes those interested in it dig their feet in, which has them pushing a stronger affirmation, which leads to stronger contention, back and forth until no logical or reasoned, or rational debate can exist.

People who are tired of it, I also note they simply form conclusions on it as a memory phenomena, but they forget there is a third option. The most constructive discussion however is simply packaging and presenting these things as thought experiments, allow others to leave their materialistic shells for a moment, expand horizons.

In other words... The amount of push & pull is too damn high. The cat is both dead and alive but everyone is arguing over the box.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: reldra

You just said that almost the whole of humanity can't see what a few "non-impaired" people can see...

You spend far too much time on the internet.

I did not say that. I said 'the impaired'. That means people that might experience it but won;t say it. I did't say what percentage of people that is, in general. you put words in my mouth that I did not type.

I never said 'the whole of humanity'

Well the fact is that almost nobody outside conspiracy websites has any idea whatsoever about this so called effect, so you are calling the vast majority "impaired". And now you are making up your own definition of "impaired"?

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

You are right. And people who aren't interested in the issue should probably not waste their time on it. Like I don;t discuss knitting.

link   

Why wouldn't everyone see/feel or realise this so called "time shift" or other dissemination change at once?

It it were happening, then it has to be on a global scale as we're all the same species,,, so to me it's all mind related like déjà vu type deal, been there seen that before or did I?

Not everyone notices it (possibly because it hasn;t happened to them) and some percent notice it, yet will not believe it.

Not sure if it's happened to me but feel something has changed, possibly my energy, ether way everything around me is the same, that's why i'm interested in this and similar threads.

link   
I don't know if its necessarily a shift of any sort.

Maybe somehow this one reality is being altered. Either intentionally or as a side effect of something else going on.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

If people are shifting between realities how come they retain their memories from one reality to another but don't remember the actual shift ?

It happens when you are sleeping?

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

You just said that almost the whole of humanity can't see what a few "non-impaired" people can see...

You spend far too much time on the internet.

I did not say that. I said 'the impaired'. That means people that might experience it but won;t say it. I did't say what percentage of people that is, in general. you put words in my mouth that I did not type.

I never said 'the whole of humanity'

Well the fact is that almost nobody outside conspiracy websites has any idea whatsoever about this so called effect, so you are calling the vast majority "impaired". And now you are making up your own definition of "impaired"?

Of people? NO. Is Reddit a Conspiracy website? The owners might have something to say about that. My aunt knew what it was and she wouldn;t look at a conspiracy website if you paid her...I mentioned the gun in The Wizard of Oz Today and she said 'Not possible'. yet, there it is.
edit on 18-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

I mentioned that 'The lion shall lay down with the lamb' has changed to 'The wolf shall lay down with the lamb". She said she is going home to look at her bible. I feel bad for what she finds. She is a good Catholic.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

That's quite possible.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
From another thread

If a person changed world lines then wouldn't that person be a different person. They are actually the person on the new line. Similar but not the same. Shouldn't their memory be the person on the new line, not the old.

Otherwise memory has to be separate from world lines.

There would also seem to be some universe law that the mind cannot be aware of more than one line at any time.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

gun in The Wizard of Oz

That's a new one for me. They just keep coming, craziness. Is there anybody out there who remembers the scarecrow holding a gun?

When I see things like that I get the feeling someone has gained the ability to edit reality. Maybe we are in a sort of simulation?
edit on 18-8-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
From another thread

If a person changed world lines then wouldn't that person be a different person. They are actually the person on the new line. Similar but not the same. Shouldn't their memory be the person on the new line, not the old.

There would also seem to be some universe law that the mind cannot be aware of more than one line at any time.

I would have thought the same, that person would change minds or body's,,, if you'd "time shift" or dimension shift then you wouldn't be wearing the same clothes in that particular shift?

The thing seems to me that only the mind has shifted not body, maybe our souls move and mind follows it but still retaining the same body.

So many variables and good opinion's not sure if we'll ever figure it out.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
What is this Mandela Effect, who made that up lol sorry. I have been away for a good while and saw this, was just wondering what it was, thanks

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

From another thread

It would be on the old line.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

gun in The Wizard of Oz

That's a new one for me. They just keep coming, craziness. Is there anybody out there who remembers the scarecrow holding a gun?

When I see things like that I get the feeling someone has gained the ability to edit reality. Maybe we are in a sort of simulation?

A few do. most who have seen the movie countless times do not. Nor do they remember the tin man holding a 3ft plumber's wrench. So there is at least 2 realities.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saylesie17
What is this Mandela Effect, who made that up lol sorry. I have been away for a good while and saw this, was just wondering what it was, thanks

You can start here .

Though I am not certain of the exact cause.

As the source says, it is diffucult to prove. But more examples pop up every day.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

From another thread

I would have thought the same, that person would change minds or body's,,, if you'd "time shift" or dimension shift then you wouldn't be wearing the same clothes in that particular shift?

The thing seems to me that only the mind has shifted not body, maybe our souls move and mind follows it but still retaining the same body.

So many variables and good opinion's not sure if we'll ever figure it out.

Possibly.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Saylesie17

Oh time travel, yeah as if that was possible. You guys still think it is in this day and age lol. I remember that guy who came from err when was it 2031 or something and all you guys sucked it all up lol. As if that was ever possible.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join