It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barstar Lumberjerk An Almost True Story

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Swaggering ... with style and aplomb !
edit on 23-9-2016 by Timely because: I still hate bloody androids ... grrr.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Well, maybe, at least until he comes to, face down, in a pool of his own vomit. The man is a self-destructive mess.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Again ... style.

He would yok whilst mid - death roll , brush his teeth on the way up ... then smile at you !

ETA: Chevy Chase would be good for the movie or ..

Super Dave ...
edit on 23-9-2016 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Not handsome enough.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

And Cloony is not cool enough ...

Brangelina is ... busy; pfft !

Danny Davito said NO !! Emphatically ..
So ?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Maybe Hugh Jackman's body with a pigeon's brain.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: GV1997

I'm glad you asked.

It's a parody of a recent phenomenon that is becoming widespread on the internet.

"Catfishing"
I think catfishing/internet deception (which is sort of the idea behind the thread) is an unfortunate by product of the internet culture and people who use their fake internet personas to trick, deceive or obtain personal information from unsuspecting souls. Some folks are using this trickery to control or 'mess' with people's emotions and that is extremely unfair to the one's being played.

I have seen and heard of situations (on the news and in my off line world) where innocent folks were promised fame and fortune only to be let down when the truth came out (and it always comes out) and left brokenhearted and possibly pushed over an edge that they were only teetering on to begin with. Would that be fair? Is catfishing somehow an acceptable offense because people are 'anonymous' ? I don't think toying with people's emotions or minds is something that a person should think is okay in their disturbed mind.

Somehow the internet has made it possible for people to do/say whatever they want, anonymously, and with little or no consequences. Yes, the thread is based in fiction but there's a whole lot of truth within those words regarding the community of internet forums, chat rooms, message boards, facebook and the like. I don't like liars and I like them using and playing with the emotions and feelings of folks that I care about even less.

How much information have folk like Barstar obtained from unsuspecting good hearted folks? What do the Barstar folks gain in working so hard at making folks believe in their little 'pretend' world? The damage done by internet tricksters, like Barstar, can be great and far reaching.

I have a friend that I have known for 20+ years who is convinced that a woman (much younger than him BTW) in Turkey on a modeling assignment is interested in meeting him in real life. I'm sure the money he sends her monthly has nothing to do with the longest modeling assignment in history.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Ok. That makes sense now. So this Barstar guy is a real person who catfished people and this is to satire him. I agree that this type of action is terrible and people who do it dserve ridicule. People who lie to others about their accomplishments are shallow and superficial.

I think your friend should not bother with the girl in turkey either, it sounds suspicious.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
Barstar would approve ... !!

I guess he would know that I know what the story is about.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I'll guess sublime

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FrontRunner

Your guess would be incorrect.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Did the person catfish you? (I only just found out what it was).

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
What a dumb thread!

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoreyJones
What a dumb thread!

Hopefully you figured that out right away.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Did the person catfish you? (I only just found out what it was).

Barstar was the only person who could catfish you in person. He would have got you too.

(post by TheKnightofDoom removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

My 90 year old deaf blind and incapacitated grandmother could come up with a better topic to harp on than this crap.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
How about keeping the comments civil, folks.

This isn't the Mud Pit, you know...

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoreyJones

My 90 year old deaf blind and incapacitated grandmother could come up with a better topic to harp on than this crap.

Well then get granny an account here so we can enjoy her awesome skills. We are always looking for new talent.

edit on 30-9-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Who is Barstar Lumberjerk?

(post by CoreyJones removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join