It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson 1st place among young voters.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
18-24 year-olds is a pretty narrow demographic. Not sure it means much. Jill Stein beats Trump and Clinton among that age group, too. The numbers drop drastically in the older age groups.

Poll

It means the older American's get the dumber they get. There can only be one culprit. The media we consume.

That is why I try to stay young! Communicate with and hang out with people younger than myself.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

even us old geezers were young once and remember coming onto the political scene like "WTF MOM and DAD?"

I think the millennials are far more informed than we give credit however my point without sounding like dismissal and disrespect is that younger people rarely turn up at the voting booth. Bernie did a good job mobilizing passionate young voters for the primary and Obama had a big youth vote but I doubt anyone left in the race will get them to show up in November.

My daughter is a millennial and she was passionate about Hillary in '08 and when all was said and done she didnt make it to the polls. (Of course I didn't remind her..
)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

Yeah, the hippies were the most successful movement in recent history. All the presidents after them were either hippies, or hippy sympathizers... Wait, none of them were.

But excellent point, hippies are poison with their isolationist thinking. Why spend money here when we can use it to control the world for the profit of our companies? Hey at least we've won every war since then.

I need to learn more from your untouchable school of thought on politics.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This suggests that Bernie supporters are moving away from Clinton...

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

That made me laugh, I needed a laugh today.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

What did you do, reread what you've been saying? Or were you about to imply you had logic behind all those statements, because that would be funny.
edit on 9-8-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Hopefully so, I just pray I live to see society see the two party system for the racket it is.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

You see where my profile says Professional Agitator right? I laugh at SJW, PC and otherwise poofy BS, that includes 99 out of 100 millennials and hippies. They are better than cable TV. The war machine makes money and money makes the world go round, I think we are overdue for a genocidal bombing, Raqqa looks good.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

Yeah, some are lazy and we usually do question our parents beliefs. But I'm sure all adults find themselves wanting now to be am earlier time we remember. And yesterday's policies may not work today, complacency is poison and the only way to stay successful is to move forward ahead of the curve. I'm sure we all find ourselves guilty of Nostalgia though.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I agree PC is BS, however I don't believe looking at citizens as your greatest asset is in any way hippy. If you invest in your country the returns will show. And education would reap more benefits economicaly than bombing the world. You see, when you go piss in everyone's sandbox, it causes perpetual war. And to your argument of that keeping our economy strong and thriving, why does it make our deficit rise exponentially faster?

Oh and don't mistake an opinion for trying to agitate. I am young so forgive me for being passionate on trying to fix the house I have to live in when a large percentage of my country thinks that war is needed, funny, or in any way profitable for us.
edit on 9-8-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Oh and don't mistake an opinion for trying to agitate. I am young so forgive me for being passionate on trying to fix the house I have to live in when a large percentage of my country thinks that war is needed, funny, or in any way profitable for us.

That's the best thing about being young, still having passion. But the world has a way of eroding that until you find bitter, enjoy while ya can!

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I stopped listening to him when I heard him endorse the TPP... if he wants open borders as well... that would be 1... 2... 3 strikes your out..

Go back to being stoned in the corner man you done lost your ever living mind.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix
a reply to: amazing

Yes MSM has played a vital role in the systemic dumbing down of the average American .

Amen. It's why we keep thinking Republicans are better than Democrats or Democrats are better than Republicans and why we keep voting in the same idiots over and over again into congress no matter what they say or do.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Yea, there are no examples of people having passion later in life.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I am sure there are but none have the vigor of youth. (With a few exceptions that TOS likely prohibit conversations of LOL)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Sounds like a crappy excuse to allow corruption to take over our democracy. But I guess that is American apothy at its finest. Blame the politicians when only 50 percent of Americans vote and fewer follow up or try and impose accountability. Still doesnt explain how our war machine is beneficial which you implied earlier.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Sounds like a crappy excuse to allow corruption to take over our democracy. But I guess that is American apothy at its finest. Blame the politicians when only 50 percent of Americans vote and fewer follow up or try and impose accountability. Still doesnt explain how our war machine is beneficial which you implied earlier.

Think of it this way -- people like Sycomix will die before you. That's ALL the motivation I need to vote my way & not theirs. They'll be dead way before me anyway :p
Moral of the comment -- vote with your brain, not emotions. Keep that mindset going, and you'll do fine in life, Crit.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Haha thats good. But I have plenty of energy so I dont mind taking the debates as I see them.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Kids like you give me hope for humanity. Good on ya!

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

Haha thats good. But I have plenty of energy so I dont mind taking the debates as I see them.

Good
Hashing out differences in opinion & coming to understandings and compromises is crucial, and it's pathetic most people won't do it today. Never get trapped in the mindset that what you believe now as the majority opinion now will still be in 10, 20, 30+ years. Flexible is better than rigid. Society is not static, and our goals and desires change. Be willing to meet in the middle if it means a a better oiled machine of a country

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join