It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson 1st place among young voters.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Probably like him for the drugs.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Probably like him for the drugs.

Umm what?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

An idea is the only immortal living thing on the planet. While you can only kill the hosts, the idea will still live. If you believe in yours than spread it, the only way to change the world. If you try to kill others for yours it may only make theirs stronger. Compassion is usually the best vehicle, along with good logic.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Just as I thought, young voters are going third party.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Haha thats good. But I have plenty of energy so I dont mind taking the debates as I see them.

Good
Hashing out differences in opinion & coming to understandings and compromises is crucial, and it's pathetic most people won't do it today. Never get trapped in the mindset that what you believe now as the majority opinion now will still be in 10, 20, 30+ years. Flexible is better than rigid. Society is not static, and our goals and desires change. Be willing to meet in the middle if it means a a better oiled machine of a country

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Hashing out differences in opinion & coming to understandings and compromises is crucial, and it's pathetic most people won't do it today.

AMEN!
As most can tell by my post history, I'm way more of a lurker, however it's been great seeing the mantis & the stinker actually going beyond the BS (Belief Systems per R.A.W.[see username for explanation, or don't...]), and actually using grey matter & evaluating rather than reacting knee-jerkiningly.
personally, I may vote GJ for the 4th time (yup, I'm in NM), well, most likely will since this is technically a very blue state, which elected Gov. Johnson TWICE (sorry, don't actually know how to underline or italicize on ATS, not yelling) and currently has an "R" Gov. (Martinez) whom I don't really care for, (& she doesn't really care for Trump either), for the reason the OP stated, i.e. - 5%.
I'd be very happy if Stein got 5% as well, for the same reason even though I don't agree with her (or Gary on some important issues for that matter...TPP...), but it would, to me personally, be a God/Goddess-Send to see the TWO(ONE) Party System get shot down...have their (its') donkey(?A...) handed to them & have an actual political choice & DICUSSION & DEBATE in 2020. Vs the "My team is good your team is bad NFL type political climate we've had for as long as I have experienced my whole life, & that, to me, is pretty pathetic.
As for the 2 main candidates, my opinion is one should be in a gated community with no outside access, and the other should be in a gated community with no outside access & psychological treatment. Or, the other way around.
My Universe, this is just a farce of an election cycle.
In conclusion,
AuH2O..."Well, I'm only half Jewish, so, can I play nine holes?"
FMTT.
You two give me hope, & I love that.

edit on 8/9/2016 by ISeeTheFnords because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well, that didn't work as planned.
Sorry, but please get the sentiment.
P.S.
I hope this doesn't kill the thread, seeing as most of my posts have.
Que sera...

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
While I am pleased to see young voters leaning libertarian.... I am not pleased with Gary Johnson's stance on the TPP.

If you don't want it to pass you'd better be looking to your congress critters. Johnson can't implement it without their help now can he?
One issue voters always amaze me. They will rant and rave against the two major parties, saying there's really no difference between them in the real world---and they are absolutely correct. They are supported by the same people and corporations. And yet, when given the opportunity to vote for a real, viable, able, third party candidate, they rush to point out one issue---usually "weed" or "foreign policy"---like we're electing a dictator who can act on those things unilaterally.

I don't agree with Johnson on every issue either but I'll be damned if I'm going to let fear drive me to condoning the present insane mess in which we are currently mired. Voting for either of the major party candidates just says, "We want more of the same." It is patently insane.

Hope I wasn't unclear.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Here here!
Probably more clear than me.
(I have tangential issues.)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It is funny. Johnson is everything people claim they are looking for, somebody not beholden to the two parties and big money like Trump and Clinton. And yet when it comes down to it, they really do not want that or else Johnson would be doing even better. Right now I plan on voting for the guy, unless the election looks close and my battle ground state looks close then I might have to vote Clinton to keep Trump out. Right no however Trump is polling so badly that I do not have to worry about that.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad
His problem with the polls is name recognition. He happens to be running against two people who are pretty much household names.

If he's not shut out of the debates, he'll gain some name recognition and, I suspect, a big jump in the poll numbers. He'll be able to bring up issues the major parties consider verboten.

I'm just happy to be able to being FOR a candidate that has a very good chance of changing the direction in which we seem to be heading. The debt is out of control. He knows how to make budgets work. He knows how to work within the legislative system. Trump is used to being the big boss. Hillary, ditto. Johnson can gather support from the good folks on both sides of the aisle to move back to spending no more than we take in.

If we can add a few independents in the Congress as well---we might actually see some progress on much-needed changes. The system needs renovations. Everyone agrees on that issue, I believe. Neither major party is willing to undertake the destruction that is required before renovations begin. The foundations of our government are firm. It's all the haphazard stuff we've added through the years that is about to collapse it. And the fact that we've allowed parasites to infest it.

Johnson would also have to have a fairly bi-partisan cabinet. That would be refreshing. What would it be like to have an Attorney General who didn't look the other way when those of his party are caught up in nasty stuff?

How about a Sec. of Defense who actually believed his job was the defense of the US from enemies, not empire building?

Yeah, a lot of us old hippies are still wishing for peace.

edit on 10-8-2016 by diggindirt because: spelling

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert
a reply to: KawRider9

Yep. The devil is in the details. It's not all about marijuana or "do whatever you want".

From the Libertarian Party platform

"Economic freedom demands the unrestricted movement of human as well as financial capital across national borders"

Hey, young people, are you wanting a decent income? Well, compete for less.

**Provide skilled labor that cannot be outsourced. Machines are more efficient than sweatshop labor.

Also, "...phase out the current government-sponsored Social Security system and transition to a private voluntary system"

Well, you're probably already relying on no plan or a 401K. But that's ok, because, heck, you can't imagine growing old. Retire? You'll never retire. Can't imagine being disabled? keep dreaming, because that's all you'll get when disabled. Don't plan on having a disabled child; you know, one who might need SS/care.

**We are not against SS. We are against government sponsored SS.

You weren't even born when the 1980 Libertarian Party rolled out it's agenda. Read what Bernie says about the Koch Libertarian plan

**The koch brothers would have MORE competition with libertarian policies.The only thing businesses hate more than losing money,and uncertainty is competition. But love they big government rigging things in their favor. Take a look at the Monsanto Protection Act,farm subsidies and the wallstreet bailouts. Libertarians would increase competition and not reward bad behavior == BAD for mega-corp.

Yep, you'll have all the drugs you want, but you'll need them as your quality of life decreases.

Legalizing drugs is to bankrupt the drug cartels and end the failed "war on drugs" and the prison industrial complex.
edit on 10-8-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: changed text

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join