It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 7 Stages Of An Extremist Hate Group

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Here goes a government training manual talking about how hate groups go active as a extremist organization:
EOAC Student Guide: Extremism

I dont know about you, but I could swear I've seen this exact process unfold somewhere or other...

(note to mods, big quote here but its all just a few pages out of a huge document of over 100)

Stages of Hate
1. Introduction
As shown so far, the extremist groups are closely related to hate groups. Understanding the stages of how hate groups develop can help you, as an EOA, watch for the behaviors that may indicate a hate or extremist group within the military.2.

Hate Stages

a. Schaffer and Navarro have identified seven stages that hate groups go through. If unimpeded, haters will pass through these seven successive stages without skipping a stage.

b. In the first four stages, haters vocalize their beliefs. In the last three stages, haters act on their beliefs. As an EOA, being able to assess the stage of hate a person expresses can help you determine the best intervention strategy required to deter the development from continuing.3.

Stage 1: Grouping
– Irrational haters seldom hate alone.

They feel compelled, almost driven, to entreat others to hate as they do. Peer validation bolsters a sense of self-worth and, at the same time, prevents introspection, which reveals personal insecurities.

Further, individuals who are otherwise ineffective become empowered when they join groups, which also provide anonymity and diminished accountability.4.

Stage 2: Defining
– Hate groups form identities through symbols, rituals, and mythologies, which enhance the members’ status and, at the same time, degrade the object of their hate. For example, skinhead groups may adopt the swastika, the iron cross, the Confederate flag, and other supremacist symbols. Group-specific symbols or clothing often differentiate hate groups. Group rituals, such as hand signals and secret greetings, further fortify members. Hate groups, especially skinhead groups, usually incorporate some form of self-sacrifice, which allows haters to willingly jeopardize their well-being for the greater good of the cause. Giving one’s life to a cause provides the ultimate sense of value and worth to life. Skinheads often see themselves as soldiers in a race war.5.

Stage 3: Disparaging
– Hate is the glue that binds haters to one another and to a common cause. By verbally debasing the object of their hate, haters enhance their self-image, as well as their group status. In skinhead groups, racist song lyrics and hate literature provide an environment where hate flourishes. In fact, researchers have found that the life span of aggressive impulses increases with ideation. In other words, the more often a person thinks about aggression, the greater the chance for aggressive behavior to occur.

Any of this sound familiar?

The next part is where it gets really striking....

edit on 12-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jul 12 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

C. Extremists Traits

1 . What type of person belongs to an extremist group or follows an extremist ideology?
The terms extremism or extremist are almost always applied by others to a group rather
than by a group labeling itself. People within an extremist group will deny that they
practice or advocate violence; instead they would more likely call themselves political
radicals.

2. According to George and Wilcox, there are a number of specific traits or behaviors that
tend to represent the extremist style. As a caution, we are all fallible human beings, and
some of us may resort to these behaviors from time to time without bad intentions. With
extremists, these lapses are not occasional; rather, they are habitual and a strongly
established part of an extremist's character.

a. Character assassination

Extremists often attack the character of an opponent rather than deal with the facts or
issues raised. They will question motives, qualifications, past associations, alleged
values, personality, looks, and mental health as a diversion from the issues under
consideration.

b. Name calling and labeling

Extremists are quick to resort to taunts (e.g., pervert, racist, and crackpot) to label and
condemn opponents and to divert others from listening to their arguments.

c. Irresponsive sweeping generalizations

Extremists tend to make sweeping claims or judgments with little to no evidence,
often confusing similarity with sameness. That is, they assume that because two or
more things are alike in some respects that they are alike in all respects.

When this trait set infects people it really shouldn't go unaddressed. Dangerous de-evolution!
edit on Tue Jul 12 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The original 'don't tread on me flag' equated with terrorism?

Theres the link folks, plain as day.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Tutorials on subversion ... sad. Hopefully this will load
cryptome.org...

edit on 12-7-2016 by Plotus because: time

edit on 12-7-2016 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Your link went haywire.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I know, I'll try to recover it momentarily

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I dont know about you, but I could swear I've seen this exact process unfold somewhere or other...

Yep. Today they are called "The Main Stream Media."

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

a. Character assassination
b. Name calling and labeling
c. Irresponsive sweeping generalizations
d. Inadequate proof behind assertions
e. Tendency to view opponents and critics as essentially evil
f . Dualism worldview
g. Tendency to argue by intimidation
h. Use of slogans, buzzwords, and thought-stopping cliches
i. Assumption of moral superiority over others
j . Doomsday thinking
k. Belief that it's okay to do bad things in the service of a "good" cause
1. Tendency to personalize hostility
m. Emphasis on emotional responses, less so on reasoning and logical analysis
n. Hypersensitivity and vigilance
o. Use of supernatural rationales for beliefs and actions
p. Advocacy of double standards

When this trait set infects people it really shouldn't go unaddressed. Dangerous de-evolution!

Any of this sound familiar?

Sure all that seems familiar, it's like they read your usual thread & wrote a play by play for it.

K~

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The original 'don't tread on me flag' equated with terrorism?

Theres the link folks, plain as day.

It's Napolitano ... the one who can't get anything right. The only s/hemale I can think of who's almost in the same category of Hillary when it comes to lying.

Talk about an extremist ... They're the ones shouting' it and pointing the finger at everyone else.

Aye-yay-yay!!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

No doubt!

The way they did Ron Paul in '08, which I was very deep into following that campaign, it was so hardcore I couldn't even watch it again in '12.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Please tell me thats a Photoshopped picture...

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere
Honestly I don't know now that you mention it. If it was an edit they did a far better composting job around the fingertips than I could ever do, but then again I'm only maybe halfway decent at a task like that.

I noticed it trying to find that old "If You Encounter" FBI document that labels "Defenders of the Constitution" as potential terrorists:

And here's another similiar document I that also came up:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The Bureau of Land Management? Oh wait the other one.....

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Here goes MSM labeling We Are Change & the Constitution Party as radical "hate groups":

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
So...hatred kind of like this thread here is attempting to stir?

Edited for clarity and to prevent word twisting.
edit on 7/12/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

The BLM as an extremist hate group? Yes. That would be a good candidate example now that you mention it.

Good eye

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The government in general or the militarization of the police? I do see those stages.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

A point-by-point break down. Kewl!

Let's try this out for size:

1. Grouping: Irrational haters often hate alone.
Ex. "I really hate those SJW. Their crusade to right the social ills of the world make me cringe. And they whine a lot. Like snowflakes. Yes, snowflakes whine. And, no, I'm not whining snowflake!"

2. Defining: Hate groups define through symbols, rituals, yadda yadda...
Ex. "I hate whiney SJW snowflakes. We should form a group. Our symbol will be a snowflake with a red slash through it. Sort of like Ghostbusters. Except with a snowflake. Yeah. We should totally make t-shirts!"

3. Disparging: Hate is the glue that blinds haters...
Ex. "Those stupid SJWs think they're special lil' snowflakes. I hate them all. Whine. Whine. Whine."

4. Taunting: To avoid introspection, haters use every increasing degrees of rhetoric...
Ex. "Hey, you stupid whiney-ass SJWs! Ya'll just a bunch of whiney-ass special snowflakes! I hate snowflakes!"

5. Attacking without weapons: ...vocally abusive haters...
Ex. "You stupid whiney SWJ special snowflakes make me sick! I hate all of you!"

6. Attacking with weapons: ...haters use various weapons to spread their hate...
Ex. Some use labeling as a shaming tactic, such as "social justice warriors" and "special snowflake" or start a plethora of threads deriding the subject of their ire. Because hate. And lack of a real life. Who knows.

7. Destroying: The ultimate goal of haters is to destroy obejct of their hate...
Ex. Silly keyboard warriors using schoolyard tactics in a lame attempt to silence those whom they wholeheartedly disagree with in the most juvenile way possible. Yeah, I realize the irony here. But in my defense this is satire! Yet, the point still remains.

It's really much too easy to flip the tables here. Anyway, might I suggest finding a new hobby or interest and just letting your hate go. Have you tried hopping firewood? Mowing the lawn? Knitting, perhaps?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Hey! Right, if the Media is a hate group consideration, the federal government over the past 20 years alone definitely is.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Please tell me thats a Photoshopped picture...

It's photoshopped. There are several groups that use that flag.
edit on 12-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join