It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 7 Stages Of An Extremist Hate Group

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Adore the thoughtful response....I want to reply in kind

I agree that bias is abound in EVERYONE...myself included. I have my ideas what equality and unequality are. But I also admit that I have had experiences that shape me

The only difficulty I have is that I DO actually agree with your idea here. Problem is, any Christian who does something like attack planned parenthood automatically gets labelled into a 'proper' hate group. So to me, it feels a bit like goal post adjusting in that we are by request ignoring the recognized hate groups.

If you assertion is that BLM should be labelled a hate group, then agree or not, I understand your freedom to think so.

However, with what you are asking, I admit I have nothing right off the bat

thanks again for rational responses...rare in these parts :-)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

Christians bombing abortion clinics is an interesting case study. I remember seeing that stuff on the news as a kid, it was mainly an 80's thing, maybe early 90's thing, is my impression. I couldn't say how many attacks there ended up being, or how many total got maimed/killed.

And there are certain racist aspects to the Bible (the ideas Jews are "Gods People" they lost me on that talking point), and public stonings type madness; mostly all Old Testament stuff I think.

The thing is though the entire premise of the Bible isn't all about racism, it as a 'philosophy', as whole, doesn't inherently encourage racist/bigotful sentiments (well outside of other religions).

And as such after it being around for 'eternity', oh yeah crazies have gone crazy with it, some in the modern era even. This SJW stuff is pretty new to human relations, and the rapid rate of social meltdown its causing (which when I look at it that's the logical climax to be expected), well that's what's got my hair on fire.

I'm not competent enough on the abortion bombing history to know, but if after each bombing, if certain Christian groups took to the streets to effectively show support, many of whom calling for more bombings while doing so, then yes those people would be haters, those church groups would be hate groups.

But compared to SJW, it doesn't inherently prompt people to go wild in the streets... And I'd wager the politics of the day, the Media, had a hand then too driving those Christian terrorists over the edge.

SJW is pure politics, being hyped up by the Media/POTUS/Hollywood, essentially all of academia now, where the whole premise is about lumping people into groups and then giving them an enemy (the SWM Patriarchy). That's what Hitler & Goebbels did with the Jews, the same propaganda model almost verbatim, and everyone knows how that worked out.

Even without the madness unfolding since Dallas, in practice SJW is proving so repressive in terms of freedom of speech, intimidation, etc, that I find it highly tyrannical. Religions aren't inherently tyrannical, but extremists sometimes use them that way.

More radicalization isn't going to help anything, where I can't think of any ideology that in such a short window has went almost full tyrannical in nature and caused so much turmoil overkill, except for the Nazi's, the Leninist's.

edit on 13-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
good thing there are no white racist groups in America to justify SJW and BLM movements.......it must be democrats, liberals, and especially Obama that instigated this.....right?

Skinheads/KKK'ers were about the most marginalized groups I can even think of, well before any of this SJW/BLM stuff got started.

How often do say black people get beat up for being black?

Mark my words: when they start racially discriminating against white folks, assaulting them, MURDERING them, it will push many people into the "Stormfront" who would have never otherwise. This is regression folks, not progression.

Finally, what SJWs do not realize is that they are single-handedly cultivating a generation of fascists. The more extreme the left becomes, the more right-wing and reactionary people will become as a result. It happened in the 1980s as a response to the left being overwhelmed with hippies and it will happen again in the future as a response to the left being overwhelmed with SJWs – only, this time, the right-wing will be far more extreme than the likes of Ronald Reagan. SJWs are paving the way for a future dominated by far-right extremists. These so-called advocates of “social justice” are the best gift that neo-Nazis could have possibly asked for: the most extreme and unpleasant aspects of the far-left amplified for all the world to see. The more absurd and outrageous SJWs become, the more the far-right gains support and sympathy. If SJWs think that they’re “oppressed” right now… well, they had better be prepared for the future that they’re helping to create.
thoughtcatalog.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I'm enjoying this back and forth....legitimately

Here's the issue I have with both sides. Let's use Transgender as my example. Clearly there are the extremist SJW's. I've seen them. I am a white, Cis male...although pansexual...but that doesn't matter in this example. But because I was a cis, white male, I was told that I should be essentially gotten rid of. No violence per se....but I felt it underneath.

However, here is my take on it as an active social justice advocate. I promise this is as balanced as I can make it.

First, I see that for a couple of centuries and more, this country has had an ugly past of racism, sexism, anti-gay sentiment...you name it. And I don't feel you are denying that. Native Americans. Hispanic. Black. Gay. Women. on and on. The problem I have with some individual who fight back against the "SJW menace" is that there is an ignorance in many of the cases.

The belief always seems to be that because we've enacted suffrage and rid ourselves (ages ago) of things like 3/5's laws, that this suddenly meant we were 100% equal. It feels as if some people today use "family values" as a barely covert method of covering racism, sexism, etc. Just because equal vote comes through does not mean that equality exists. Blue Laws can and have been used against minorities under the guise of poor performance. I just cannot stand telling blacks that they should "pull themselves up by the bootstraps" when we keep cutting the laces. We drop programs targeted to help these minorities and the destitute. This is so weird to me because they are often cheaper programs than bloated programs that could be cut even a bit to save money for these.

Now....that is NOT the end of the story

The problem I have with SJW's is that extremism does come out...seemingly a lot. Now, whether that is a process of instant-on social media is a matter to discuss separately. So here is my major issue. If I am transgender, I can expect that I will get a hefty amount of backlash. However that does not make it right. Some SJWs have understood that because of the fact that their minority has been held back, they must respond in radical manner. I actually agree with that...to a point. Radical to me is different than extreme. Because the estimation is that LGBTQ+ is under the thumb of the majority, there has to be some radical movement to rise above. Women couldn't just say, "can we please vote now" and expect instant change. It does not work that way.

That is problem one I have with the cause. Many of our people expect that it's going to change tomorrow. IT WILL NOT CHANGE over night. It just isn't going to happen. Yes ideally I wish it would, but that is not realistic. But that is small potatoes.

The meat of my problem with my own movement is that, while some find it understandable, we live in such a reactionary society that we jump on things, and violently so...sometimes without even understanding it. Let me give you two examples. One personal and one social.

I have a friend who is transgender male. He has not yet had full hormone dosing and has not done over or under surgery. At this point, he still looks quite as his prior gender. I find myself protective of him but he's a big boy...he can handle himself. But here is the problem...and I have seen this live and even snapped back at him despite my general agreement. If tomorrow, you met me and he was with me, and without knowing or meaning to, you said 'ma,am' or miss, or something feminine, he would EXPLODE and tear you into a million pieces and make you think you are the living embodiment of all that is evil. First, you didn't know. Second, that is NOT how we are going to help outsiders learn who we are.

So yes...I want to advance the true LGBTQ+ cause. That is not how you do it....at all All that does is close communication. Now if you were purposefully call him 'her,' then I could understand anger. But to just bite your face off like that? Ouch. One thing a very stable, pot-op trans-man I know once told me was a major insight...a real a-ha moment.

If you are my brother, and at age 20 I tell you I am a woman inside, I realistically can understand your confusion, frustration, anger, etc. Why? Because for the last 20 years I have had all the tim in the world to think about it and come to terms with it. You've had two minutes. Makes sense to me.

The social example....this is so reactionary.

I want to point out to ATS I DO NOT agree with this method...you'll see why I say this

When Michael Brown as shot, the country went berserk for a few weeks. People on both sides were super reactionary. Some people said he had to be guilty without question and some said not a chance he was guilty without question.

Some guy found a picture of Brown and wrote a letter to prove a point. Here is why I said I don't agree with the method.

The letter started with decent sized letters saying, "Dear friend of Michael Brown," then in normal type the writer went on to say, "I am writing this to prove how reactionary you are and to show that barely any of you will read the actual content." He then went on to say some REALLY racist stuff about Brown...I mean REALLY bad. He ended it with AMEN

People posted this picture far and wide with comments on how "this person gets it."

How does that help a cause?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

Interesting stuff.

All of this, everything on this page here, is why I believe libertarianism needs to become the mainstream. Filing people into groups and then treating them as such (whether bad/better it doesn't matter) can only end up with problems when followed to their logical climax. It'll be an endless tangled mess of back and forth society eating its own tail.

Libertarianism: every one is an individual, and everyone has the same rights. There will always be A-Holes, sure, so shame them, NOT everybody.

I see a few outcomes right now:
This left/right crap will implode to such a degree libertarianism will finally prevail...
We end up having a century dominated by left & right bigotful extremism... but this time the survival of the species is at stake.
If we survive the left/right war then libertarianism should prevail; it being the only real solution to both problems that I know about.

We already have some major 21st century challenges that threaten the survival of the human race (technology in particular), where throwing a global race war into the mix I'm not sure we're going to survive long enough for Reason to finally take hold, because an enlightened humanity is about the only way we even have a good chance at surviving the 21st Century.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
WOW!

WARNING: Inherently this one has offensive trigger language.

There's all these 'games' now (forums, and actual games), where people take bigoted quotes from Stormfront websites and SJW websites, take out the actual race/gender words, and then the game is people try to guess which type of site it came from.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join