It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear SJW's, what are your ACTUAL goals now that everyone has equal rights?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: lortl

There are serious discrimination laws protecting quite literally everybody on the Progressive Stack, except white men (whom are at the bottom of it).

Case closed.

If you as a white male feel discriminated against....perhaps it's not your maleness or whiteness; other issues might have something to do with it.

I admit it....I find whiners and crybaby men to be effeminate. That's the impression I get anyway.

Your rant kind of reminds me of this guy....

www.youtube.com...

But at least he had the guts to put it up on youtube and not hide behind www anonymity.
edit on 12-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: secretboss
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

- Plus sized women havent graced the cover of playboy yet. They're looked upon as unsexy and unhealthy.

- Transgender women are still seen as guys in drags. Straight guys prefer to date natural born girls instead of transgenders.

- A gay man hasnt played the role of James Bond or that of any other male sex symbol.

I could go on but I'll stop here.

There is still a lot of work to be done.

- No, they haven't. But they do grace the covers of countless "Real Wives" "Big Jugs" "Big Girls" magazines specifically there to cater to the people who find big girls sexy. Mainstream doesn't, hence they don't.

- Gender isn't a choice, it's genetic and it cannot be changed. If you take their blood and test their dna it will show born gender, not what they choose it to show. As a straight guy I would object to a guy making themselves look like a woman as a partner. I am attracted to REAL females and all the bullhash that comes with it.

- Roger Moore??? You know, the guy who played Bond more than anyone else? He's gay. And so are a lot of other A lists who star in our favourite blockbusters. But you didn't know that... Because their private lives are non of our business. They're actors and as such their sexuality has absolute zero to do with what they do.

But you did get one thing right...

There certainly is a lot of work to be done

Dont worry, I'll be there to hold your hand

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I've never heard her say a racist word, never thought of her as racist -- but she consistently, reliably, and predictably scored minority applicants lower than anyone else on the interview panel.

Maybe you're over scoring in attempt to prove to yourself and the applicant how not racist you are? The fact remains that if the person you're talking about was black, you wouldn't even question their judgment.

Both of us? I'm a white guy and he's an Asian American. Multiple times. It wasn't just with black people either. Any ethnicity other than white this woman consistently scored lower than myself and the other interviewer.

She is very, very "right wing" -- but that doesn't automatically make her a "racist". She's never said anything racist in front of me, but a lot of people who are prejudiced know better and keep it behind closed doors and not in mixed company.

The point is, people have biases.

The violent, rage-filled denial of bias is only indicative that it is indeed real. It's basic psychology to over react in a defensive way when you know your faults are being exposed.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
a reply to: MystikMushroom

What you're describing doesn't sound like racism at all. It sounds like implicit bias, and that is not voluntary. All but the most hardcore SJWs agree that while on the surface it may seem racist, it really isn't.

If you refuse to acknowledge it exits, then you are culpable. The thing is, we should be aware of our "implicit biases" and work to be cognizant of them when making decisions and judgement calls.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Okay, so after SJW's cry up a tornado getting everybody talking about all this stuff, if a man states a reality / fact about discrimination laws, and how they apply to basically everybody but them, that means they're a crybaby Chris Crocker?

I'm not the one who is TRIGGERED here!

edit on 12-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Everyone doesn't have equal rights though. In my state you can see be fired from a job for being homosexual. No questions can be asked or received because it is a "right to work" state. So, it's a free for all under suspicion if the boss doesn't like homosexual people hat they had hired but didn't know before hand.

How about not being hired for a job because you're a omen who was just married and the boss thinks you'll become pregnant because you have access to a family. Apparently to many bosses that is legal and it IS NOT addressed by law. There are many things, not addressed by law that are legal but are still open for bias towards potential employers( such as not having a Facebook or "lookism"-heavily women and short men makes less money).

I'm by no means a SJW, but am sure I can be categorized as such for even mentioning it, but that's the sad reality that still exists. Not that anyone will even pay attention.
edit on 12-7-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Okay, say all of that is totally spot on or even worse than that?

The actions of some stupid conceded sometimes even 'racist' individuals, what is all of this drama (that is leading to total social chaos) going to do about any of that?

I know I've worked and went to school with many minorities and was good buddies with plenty of them. I' have friends that are like family whom are minorities. I grew up in white suburbia Detroit, where in middle school there were only 2 black dudes. Maybe 10 or 12 total blacks in high school. I move down to Tampa half a life ago, and most Thanksgivings since then have been over at "my black family's" house. I make Jerk Chicken and everyone brings soul food and good times. Friends for life. I've had a black business partner. Since then, a long time later doing something else all my own, I've employed 2 people: an mid-aged hispanic lady and a black young adult woman.

In a world where everybody but SWM are all pitted against SWM, how many of these same people would I have gotten to be good buddies or even friends with? How many of those Thanksgivings would I have maybe spent alone, instead of getting to make and eat all kinds of good food with everybody?

Everybody getting to be buddies and even friends doing our casual existences, instead of being at each others throats, THAT IS PROGRESS. And that's why libertarianism needs to become the true mainstream.
edit on 13-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Ultimately? I think I heard that in science and math women are much more likely to be hired because of a bias to balance out the genders and make it equal, yet men on average make more money in the sciences and math. Clearly the answer is to hire less women and pay men less!
After that we can statistically analyze it from twenty different directions and pick which kind of equality we're looking for? Across the board or matching circumstance. After that any minute distinction can be nitpicked. You have 50.001% X? How dare you! Check your bias my good sir! In the mean time though we're at that point where on a macro-scale the numbers are comparable (Which is to say some think we've overshot, others think we haven't gone far enough) so we're starting to take a nice long look at the micro-scale.what precisely makes up and contributes to a gender wage gap? If police are more likely to shoot white people should we be telling them it's alright to shoot more black people? Should we be focusing at these statistics at all, or should we instead try to instill certain and specifically uniform values in the populace as a whole? Is it more morel to hold an individualized opinion, or to universally accept a signal bias? Are we being biased against people who harbor individualized opinion? When racists as a whole obtain minority group status do we thus elevate them with minority group status making their opinions of a greater importance inversely proportional to their population?

Simple answer? It's an infinite whirlpool of endless possibilities!
It can be taken in any number of different directions that range from the perfectly reasonable to the blatantly absurd, but determining which is which depends entirely upon your intrinsic bias which is itself the subject of this debate.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

What you're describing doesn't sound like racism at all. It sounds like implicit bias, and that is not voluntary. All but the most hardcore SJWs agree that while on the surface it may seem racist, it really isn't.

If you refuse to acknowledge it exits, then you are culpable. The thing is, we should be aware of our "implicit biases" and work to be cognizant of them when making decisions and judgement calls.

We should all be aware of something that we don't consciously decide to do? Interesting. So tell me, how have you helped this situation? Did you engage in dialogue with this person, explaining your concerns and asking for a rebuttal? Or did you just come to ATS and post about it?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
When it comes to the second amendment BOY are YOU people experts at loosing augments with bad information…it's LIKE HISTORY just DISAPPEARED overnight.
Not to mention the long view.
FEELINGS don't count when facts cover them,they just hurt everyone…only one side demands that the other is monstrous and cruel,yet requires them to be so ,THEN elects complete failures and is angry we act this way,Which of course is amusing to us because …WHAT will you do?
While some seemingly never have been TAUGHT history or even try to learn what they can KNOW better first hand.
HOW can ANYONE argue with firsthand information.
I'VE read it here and trounced it as normal.
I 've had my hand slapped here and it s irrelevant.
I will speak as I choose.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Thanks for the reply. I'm sure there are other accepted bias that are gotten away with. It's acepted bcause cultura;ly stereotypes are accepted and not within the bounds of discrimination laws, or at least not all the time. On the other side, causing more issues and feeding the ones who want to be reactionary against it is why I can't support the hysteria that comes with SJW.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join