It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear SJW's, what are your ACTUAL goals now that everyone has equal rights?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

Factions have killed that are associated with your movement .
Things are heating up that neither of us want to happen.
If YOU do want it ,I can't help you ,in fact quite the opposite.
LGBT CAN exist as can the rebel battle flag, which will be retained ...mostly because A,we like the colors and B
ut of respect for our dead.
However rebellious that may seem.
I'm not a bigot I am a combat American.
NO NRA ,not a Republican,pretty much avoid most media,their propaganda is too transparent.
UNDER these auspices I am suspicious of the entire structure of American systems and agencies,they regard me as a potential enemy not an American vet.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: amazing

Well that's all like 'common sense', like who wouldn't that all that, was always my attitude.

So that's why I dont all this extremism the past few years, that has lead to cyber-stalking (er "doxxing"), the squashing of free speech on college campuses, actual riots, and so on that brought about the "SJW" term.

I think GamerGaters really brought on that term as a way to insult anyone that didn't agree with them and lump everyone even if they were actually fighting for true social justice or anti bullying or anything into one group.

Meaning all Feminists are then wrong, all BLM members are wrong, all Gay rights activists are wrong....WE know that's not the case. The Social Justice Warrior label actually causes more harm than good.

It's like labeling everyone here on ATS a conspiracy theorist. That label hurts people with actually questions about one event or circumstance. Like if I think Hillary is crooked, I'm labeled a conspiracy theorist.

We need to get rid of these labels.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I generally ascribe it to people whom march to the tune of the Progressive Stack:

Anyone who is going to buy deep into that concept, and go around evanglizing it, they basically deserve it as that thing in practice is pure bigotry and can only severe social bonding between groups in the long wrong (at best).

Everyone needs to get off that mania and go listen to Dr. MLK Jr., the survival of the species may depend on it.
edit on 11-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Why do you instantly jump to the conclusion that its somehow the fault of all white men?

And if its not the fault of all white men but a select few, shouldn't the majority of white men then take corrective steps to fix it?

What I see instead are grown white males becoming martyrs and crybaby victims because they too seek attention and validation. I hear: "I'm not racist or a bigot, why am *I* being singled out?!"

They're not.

When people act like that, they're taking their entire ethnicity and tying themselves personally to something that isn't personal or exclusive to them. They're taking the entire issue personally in order to be noticed, heard, validated and made to feel important. These folks seek sympathy and confirmation, and comradeship from their peers, instead of using empathy to try and see into the lives of those facing legitimate prejudices.

They're the inverse to the SJW ideology. The yang to the yin.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Who is being unfairly treated, and by whom? Whatever your case study, why does that mean all white men have to be treated like we're the scum of the earth (prejudice, that is)?

I'm a white guy and I'm treated fine. Perhaps it's the crybabies that whine and use hyperbolic rhetoric all the time that give the rest of us a bad name.

This might help.....

www.artofmanliness.com...

edit on 11-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

In those kinds of hypothetical arguments I'm speaking to the whole premise of the Progressive Stack, where we're now by default all back of the bus in every way shape and form:

As a libertarian, I'll tell ya, that thing is to a libertarian is like Satan to a Christian. Only Satan is some 'fictional' being (or at least might as well be fictional), where the PS its real, and after just 4 years its causing all hell to break lose.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

And when you flip everything inverse you have the opposite of a SJW, which is what many of the people who are against them resemble.

*sigh*

It's an either/or world these days. You are either anti-this or pro-that, you have to pick your "team" and can't pick and choose what works for you and makes the most sense.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Well SJW is probably the true opposite of the libertarian mindset, philosophically speaking.

But then with SJW you have the behavior part. I haven't seen any libertarian riots, like ever.

Anyone can be "a bastard", but their terror tactics, things like doxxing, shutting down free speech across campuses via their evangelism, assaulting people for disagreeing, riots, , this is mass madness.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
They just want to be equality, and to be more equal as the case may merit.
-Attribute to George Orwell

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Well SJW is probably the true opposite of the libertarian mindset, philosophically speaking.

But then with SJW you have the behavior part. I haven't seen any libertarian riots, like ever.

Anyone can be "a bastard", but their terror tactics, things like doxxing, shutting down free speech across campuses via their evangelism, this is mass madness.
In my experience, the term "SJW" is a strawman, a construct. It is a vague embodiment of the entire liberal mindset, and it can be stretched to include whatever various internet neckbeards choose to be angry about in a given week.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I think GamerGaters really brought on that term as a way to insult anyone that didn't agree with them and lump everyone even if they were actually fighting for true social justice or anti bullying or anything into one group.

Well from what I can tell, they appear to have been justified considering what the SWJ's were doing:

Compilation of Harassment/Insults/Doxxing from Anti-GG journalists/devs/etc.
Here is documentation of these criminal attacks. I urge you not to place your trust in the people behind these:

Threats at their work: twitter.com...

Text messages: twitter.com...

Phone calls threatening their family: i.imgur.com...

Losing their jobs: twitter.com...

Losing their jobs: twitter.com... www.youtube.com...

Doxxing and threats: imgur.com...

Doxxing a child: www.reddit.com...

They have even escalated to the point of mailing a gay journalist (even though he is a partisan hack most of the time) a syringe full of god knows what: twitter.com...

And those are just the actual full on doxxings, its not even getting close to online threats: twitter.com... twitter.com... twitter.com... twitter.com... twitter.com... pbs.twimg.com... pbs.twimg.com... medium.com...@sixthman/who-is-harassed-more-f81799a2f550 www.youtube.com... 33.media.tumblr.com...

Or the targeted racial harassment: twitter.com... forum.encyclopediadramatica.es... i.imgur.com... anti-semitism: pbs.twimg.com...:large twitter.com... twitter.com..."

That's just part of the huge listing there.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
you might want to start your inquiry without the insulting term, lol

obvious troll is obvious

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I admire your plight, but in the end you will be slapped with some type of label for bringing logic to the table. Eventually you'll be called a bigot or maybe even racist depending on how much you disagree with them. You better be prepared to start showing that you agree with them entirely or else. Many "SJW"s think they have good intentions until their hypocricy is shown, that's when all Hell breaks loose.

I'm a right leaning libertarian and I used to be completely willing to have discussions with the modern sjw, but then I realized just how insane the hive has become. Good luck tho.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

Yeah, maybe, but in the OP and again after I've tried to make it clear I'm referring to the people who subscribe to the CRT/PS stuff. And I might add that go about evangelizing it meaning they probably also discriminate against people (SWM in particular) as well.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
it's not enough to treat everyone equally, now you are expected to think the same as well.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

what are your ACTUAL goals now that everyone has equal rights?

if you actually believe everyone in the world has equal rights you're a fool.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

If anyone is that uptight (and therefore irrational) then there's little hope of finding reason with them to begin with.

The threads been going pretty well so there may still be hope out there after all

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

I'm speaking about the USA. I cant speak to the rest of the world. I'd actually prefer to just worry about what goes in here in FLorida but what the other states are going nuts about affects us here too.

But to address this bigger argument several times now, you DO have equal rights now. Beyond that, you're pissed that some individuals are "bastards", well becoming a "bastard" too isn't going to help anything. Where if you are one, and then come up with some wild "Patriarchy" concept to then justify yourself for being a "bastard" for being part of a group, well thats where you go from being a "bastard" to being a "bigoted bastard". I think there's this old phrase that goes something like "2 wrongs dont make a right", apparently isn't being taught anymore?

PS: IF women aren't getting paid enough by an employer, well #1 working for other people was your first mistake, and #2 see #1 (start your own business). Problem solved.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReprobateRaccoon

It's always easy to dismiss equal rights when you've never had to fight for them yourself.

Women are still paid less than men.

Because they choose less dangerous stressful careers, take more time off to raise a family and in general. The wage gap is a myth! Asian males make more than any race or gender. Do you hear these SJW's talking about huge number of men killed at work compared to women?

Gays are still discriminated against.

No more or no less than any other group. They are just more vocal. Plus the SJW definition of "discrimination" is very wishy washy and is applied to different races and genders differently. I'm still trying to figure it out.

Transgender people are still treated as social outcasts.

They are and until society can figure out how to properly address their needs with mental help or medical help they will remain outcasts.

Black Americans still face social prejudices.

Mainly from within their own communities. Society has done everything they can for "Black Americans" they now need to fight against the violence in their own homes and communities. Every race/community deals with this. Not every race/community blames an external factor.

Innocent muslims are treated with suspicion based solely on religion.

Because their religion warrants suspicion! Stand up against the radical element among your peers and stop playing the victim already. If these radicals are the minority then prove and cast them out of "your" religion.

Let's revisit your question after these injustices are fixed.

Injustices fixed...
Now answer the question...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Can you really lump all SJW's in one group? Like every other group, each has his or her [or xe's or its] own agenda and this will never really end as there are many selfish, self centered egomaniacs that want to have an effect on the social structure.
At some point, the world will get fed up and tell everyone that 35 genders are enough, that no one can be expected to remember all the required pronouns, that children shouldn't be gender transitioned until they are 21, that the hydrogen economy is complete nonsense, that suddenly not burning fossil fuels is a really dumb idea, that methane emissions from all the environmentally friendly natural gas pipelines may cancel any CO2 emissions advantage that gas powered power plants have over coal, that the real world doesn't have safe spaces, that microagression is in the eye of the beholder, that not having a sense of humor will make life tough in the long run, and that cultural appropriation requires some actual defined culture and, in the USA, one has freedom to appropriate any legal aspect of any culture without repression.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join