It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Shoot Boyfriend For Grabbing Requested ID

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls

And the Cops have done it again. Guy told him he had a gun and that he was licensed but cop freaks out and shoots him thinking the guy (who just admitted he was carrying and had a license for said gun) was reaching for his gun or did he forget he asked the guy for his ID. What excuses will come this time?

There is no excuse for the cops to behave this way.

The police have become drunk on to much power and very little accountability.

There will come a time in our near future that the police will have to be removed period. Why I say this? Is because the police are not For The People by The People.

We do not have a police force in the United States, the fact is, we have a "centralize military force" who are trained that all citizens are the enemy, and are subjected to be killed on any discretion, this new transition police to military is not working for We The People, and will need to be remove as more innocent Americans are being senselessly murdered.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Having read the posse commitus threads it appears theres a standard response to these events,release prior criminal records,create a story line real or imagined the officer was in danger,try to destroy the credibility of witnesses and the sheep believe its just another crazy colored person.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
What is happenning over and over again?

False claims of systemic racism by Police that falls apart under further scrutiny and due process.

It already happened with this caase. It has been tainted by Obama and the governor making claims of racism by the officer with no evidence.

The only hint of racism in this case so far is Lavish assuming the Asian officer was "Chinese" and the media, politicians and the low-info crowd assuming the Asian officer is white.

Reynolds began profiling the officer. "It was a Chinese police officer that shot him. He's Chinese, he's about five-five, five-six and a half, heavy set guy."

edit on 7-7-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Except this time the officer in question was a
"Person of color" himself, racist.
edit on 7-7-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

This night has not ended well our comments are just piss into the wind of a cyclone of far greater events God only knows whats just started in Dallas.
edit on 7-7-2016 by khnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: Bone75

LOL! So your willing to believe she was screaming before he was shot, when she didn't scream afterward?

Are you calling her a liar?

1:13

Watch this one again too. At 00:39 the cop says "I told him not to reach for it. I told him to get his hand out."

Am I making sense to you yet?
edit on 7-7-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I just don't know what to say about this video.

I cannot relate it to anything I know about reality. I must live in a different reality than this woman. I've lost my mom and my dad and was there when they both died very unexpectedly. My mom's death was violent, too, in that she bled to death due to doctor error.

That kind of shock and realization causes some kind of reaction for everyone, doesn't it?

I am flummoxed by her composure and ability to live feed it to the internet.

If taken at face value, it's horrific. Should I take it at face value??? SHlT...I do not know.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

it doesnt even matter anymore.

Welcome to the new reality, or the reveal of what it always was.

The state does not love you. There is only the illusion of power and order.

We are primitive animals bloodying eachother up with blades clubs and now chemically propelled lead.

Our leaders dont care about us. We are on our own.

We only have eachother.

They never cared. These things happen when thats true.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Cop-- "I told him not to reach for it."

Girl-- "You asked him to show you his ID."

Shot four times, reaching for his ID, upon request.

People should be advised how sensitive police are to where your hands are at all times.

When they pull you over and you are waiting for their approach you place both of them on the wheel in plain sight and you don't move them until told to do so. Even then you say , my wallet is in my pocket, in the console, in the glove compartment, and you move slowly to retrieve it. I mean slowly.

Something is the matter though when the general public who they are supposed to be "protecting" have to walk on eggs shells so they do not get a bullet in the brain. I certainly do not feel safer with these kind of trigger happy cops walking among us. What is the purpose of them again?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

originally posted by: intrptr
Cop-- "I told him not to reach for it."

Girl-- "You asked him to show you his ID."

Shot four times, reaching for his ID, upon request.

People should be advised how sensitive police are to where your hands are at all times.

When they pull you over and you are waiting for their approach you place both of them on the wheel in plain sight and you don't move them until told to do so. Even then you say , my wallet is in my pocket, in the console, in the glove compartment, and you move slowly to retrieve it. I mean slowly.

Something is the matter though when the general public who they are supposed to be "protecting" have to walk on eggs shells so they do not get a bullet in the brain. I certainly do not feel safer with these kind of trigger happy cops walking among us. What is the purpose of them again?

To prevent us from being policed on a even more corrupt federal level?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
What it boils down to is that one man took another's man life for no good reason. Colors and permits don't matter to anyone except those who want us to remain divided and fighting one another over trivial matters like colors and permits.
I have no idea what it is like to be "black while driving" but several of my former students have done their best to describe it to me. The closest I can come to understanding that fear was an encounter with a skinhead, roided-up Kentucky State Police trooper. I'm a whitish, 62 year-old granny that weighs less than 120 pounds and yet some of my recent encounters with LEOs have left me wondering if they were going to pull that gun and shoot me when they put their hands on it while requesting my ID. Never in my life have I given any cop any reason to fear me. I do my very best to be pleasant. Failing that---as when they state that they "need" to search my car---I am still civil but my pleasant attitude goes away when they suggest that I give up my rights to be compliant with their wishes.
My most serious offense in the past was to be driving with a burned out bulb over my plates. When the LEO "needed" to search my car for this offense, I pointed out to him that as soon as he explained his need to a judge and presented me with a search warrant, he could search to his heart's content. I spoke to him respectfully and civilly, and yet he felt the need to add in the comment section of the violation that I was non-compliant and argumentative during the stop. If they will treat a little old lady that way, I can't even imagine how they treat those who don't know their rights or how to claim their rights. It is disgraceful. They claim to want respect and yet show none to the people they are supposed to be protecting and serving.
I don't have any answers about how to weed out the bad guys. I do think, from listening to my retired cop friends, that full-spectrum drug testing is a must. Lots of the new hires are walking around full of legal and illegal drugs.
There are lots of good cops out there. I'm sure of it. But it only takes a small percentage to tarnish the image. They've tarnished their own image and continue to do so by not stepping forward across that blue line.
I'm in favor of citizen review boards---as long as they are chosen by lottery, not by political appointment.
But to me the most important thing is to stop bickering over whether this man's life was lost because of some color or some permit. His life was lost. His family and friends are grieving---because a LEO thought he saw a burned out tail light on a car?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Deny Arrogance

It's still a routine traffic stop where the driver appears to be complying. Even if your account is accurate, it shouldn't result in the officer unloading his gun over a broken tail light. If he intended to harm the officer, he's NOT going to announce he has a gun. FFS!

It's hopeless to argue with people like this, as tempting as it may be.

Our politics have degraded into rabid team sports. You will never convince someone like this, who conjures up all sorts of reasons why his (apologies if this pronoun is incorrect) chosen 'team' must be in the right, that any perceived member of his 'team' is wrong.

Now, if this murderous police officer's political affiliation becomes known (and is different from his), that could change. For now, there is an implicit perception that this officer is part of his 'team' and his 'team' can do no wrong.

Worse, facts doesn't help:

In the end, truth will out. Won’t it?

Maybe not. Recently, a few political scientists have begun to discover a human tendency deeply discouraging to anyone with faith in the power of information. It’s this: Facts don’t necessarily have the power to change our minds. In fact, quite the opposite. In a series of studies in 2005 and 2006, researchers at the University of Michigan found that when misinformed people, particularly political partisans, were exposed to corrected facts in news stories, they rarely changed their minds. In fact, they often became even more strongly set in their beliefs. Facts, they found, were not curing misinformation. Like an underpowered antibiotic, facts could actually make misinformation even stronger.
New research, published in the journal Political Behavior last month, suggests that once those facts — or “facts” — are internalized, they are very difficult to budge. In 2005, amid the strident calls for better media fact-checking in the wake of the Iraq war, Michigan’s Nyhan and a colleague devised an experiment in which participants were given mock news stories, each of which contained a provably false, though nonetheless widespread, claim made by a political figure: that there were WMDs found in Iraq (there weren’t), that the Bush tax cuts increased government revenues (revenues actually fell), and that the Bush administration imposed a total ban on stem cell research (only certain federal funding was restricted). Nyhan inserted a clear, direct correction after each piece of misinformation, and then measured the study participants to see if the correction took.

For the most part, it didn’t. The participants who self-identified as conservative believed the misinformation on WMD and taxes even more strongly after being given the correction. With those two issues, the more strongly the participant cared about the topic — a factor known as salience — the stronger the backfire. The effect was slightly different on self-identified liberals: When they read corrected stories about stem cells, the corrections didn’t backfire, but the readers did still ignore the inconvenient fact that the Bush administration’s restrictions weren’t total.

Part of this is perhaps because we get information from many sources these days... he has, for example, become set in his opinion that the victim wasn't licensed for concealed carry due to something he read on the internet. See, that might be the first thing he sees... so it sticks:

Preference for early information
Experiments have shown that information is weighted more strongly when it appears early in a series, even when the order is unimportant. ... Another experiment involved a slide show of a single object, seen as just a blur at first and in slightly better focus with each succeeding slide. After each slide, participants had to state their best guess of what the object was. Participants whose early guesses were wrong persisted with those guesses, even when the picture was sufficiently in focus that the object was readily recognizable to other people.

Facts matter... but maybe not to a lot of people.

Psychology is a jerk.

That being said, we don't have all of the facts. We have enough to form opinions and conclusions, but are they the right ones?
edit on 23Thu, 07 Jul 2016 23:00:05 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I haven't seen anyone else bringing this up, so I need to ask...did anyone notice the steering wheel on the right side of the vehicle? I know there's imports that have this and it's possible to own such a vehicle, however, when you look at the passing cars, it appears that they're all driving on the right and not the left sides of the road...particularly when the video is inside the car, the vehicles coming from the left side of the screen appear to be closer to the vehicle than the one coming from the right side of the screen....am I missing something? Am I just seeing things that aren't there because I'm always looking for something?

Anyway, those things are just sticking to me now and I thought I'd see if anyone else has an opinion.

Thanks,
Bob

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BrahmanBob

The footage got mirrored visually (I don't know why), which is why he appears to be on the passenger side.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

I thought about that, however, there's no position the vehicle could be in where the drivers side would be street side along with the image being flipped...it's either one or the other and since it's impossible for the image to be flipped and the vehicle to appear the way it does...there's something else going on here

Also, now that I'm looking closer, it appears that the spotlight on the patrol cars are all on the passenger side of the vehicles...that's not something I've seen before...it's standard that they're on the drivers side... And, I couldn't get a clear screenshot, but it also looks like there's a turn arrow in the lane the vehicle is in...it's at 1:29-30 of the video...I'm usually the one trying to debunk stuff like this, but now I'm at a loss and want to get this video in to editing software to really check details
edit on 7-7-2016 by BrahmanBob because: Wanted to add some thoughts without making a post

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Incidents where police abuse their authority to hurt and kill people who are innocent (innocent until proven guilty) are causing a boil-over in the African American and Hispanic communities of our cities. It's been building for DECADES in Chicago. It looks like the counter-punches are beginning to happen.. starting in Dallas.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
so, wait did they ever find that 'broken tail light'

I have to say, if the tail light wasn't broken, the two cops ought to be stretched in front of their peers, no trial.

The full Danny Deever treatment, with the other cops lined up rank and file and forced to watch, cut their uniforms off, smash their firearms with a sledge, hang 'em, then march the cops past the gallows and make them look as they go by.

Worked for the British Army.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: corkUSMC
How was she calm as a cucumber? Would you live feed to facebook when your loved ones has been shot and you have a baby in the car.

People react different ways to stress.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
The mad is dying. Neither officer nor the girlfriend are worried about his welfare.

Hard to say what it looked like up close. He died pretty briskly, at arm's reach it might have been very obvious there was no saving him. Thus her comment about him being killed while he was still agonal breathing.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Oh FFS.

You know what i would like to know with regard to Philandro Castile - where are all of the CCW and 2nd amendment advocates?

*Crickets*

It doesn't really seem to be relevant, does it? The question is more one of badly trained cops, IMHO.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join