It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skyrim remastered is launching in October for Xbox One, PC, and PlayStation 4

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
October 28.

Nearly five years after it first came out, Bethesda's The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim continues to have a very impressive fan base that keeps the game pretty through HD mods. Now it's Bethesda's turn: tonight at its E3 press conference, the company has announced a remastered version of Skyrim coming to PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.

(Skip to 3:18 for Skyrim part)

Source

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Okay, fine Bethesda, I'll buy a third copy of Skyrim.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I don't see the PC version having very big numbers seeing as how there are mods out there that make it look 10 times better than this remastered version already, plus one of the selling points is that it comes pre-installed with mods which PC players have had ever since it first came out.

Good for people who didn't get a chance to play it before but I can't help but think this is just a cash grab by Bethesda. This is a trend I've been seeing from companies: put minimal effort into a remastered version of a game that has already been out for years and profit off of it once again.

That seems to be where the gaming industry is going. Oh well.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Well, a cash grab for console players anyway. I'm pretty certain the whole point of this "remaster" is to introduce Skyrim mods for console, like the Fallout 4 console mods.

"If you own #Skyrim and all its add-ons or own Legendary Edition on Steam, you'll get a free upgrade to Skyrim Special Edition on Oct 28 #BE3" - Official Bethesda Twitter

So I'm happy

My current Skyrim already looks pretty damned amazing with my ENBs and everything, but, always nice to see the company making it shinier.

(Though I was looking forward to an announcement of The Elder Scrolls VI: Elswyr!)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Or you could call it them finally giving fans what they've been asking for for years, mods on a console game.

And lots of folks don't care for games on PC. Growing up with consoles, games on pc are awkward.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

YAAAAAAASSSSSSSSsS!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I think calling them mods is giving them a little too much credit in my opinion. Technically they "mod" the game, but they are pre-installed and are basically like those cheat codes you put in in older games where they made the characters heads bigger or whatnot. I think it is just a gimmick, but maybe I'm being pessimistic.

Glad they listened to the fans though. Not putting them down for it but I just see this becoming a trend here lately, companies putting their resources into old games instead of making new ones.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Yeah, unfortunately that is the trend with games and movies. They keep trying to remake stuff badly or just pump out sequels every year that are stripped down cookie cutter versions.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
More than a year ago, in the fervor following the initial announcement of Fallout 4, Todd Howard was asked how difficult it was to adapt to the new gen systems (XBone/PS4). He replied something like "The first thing we did to familiarize ourselves was to have our entire team work on patching Skyrim over to the new systems", then immediately after, he said "whoops", indicating that this might've been a pretty serious slip-up. Since then, I've been waiting for this announcement.

And yeah, like Unresponsible said, I'll buy yet another copy- the game is a masterpiece!

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The PS4 VR headset is released in October as well. This game would have been perfect in VR.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
About time the console peasants caught up.

Play with mods you say, how ground breaking.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

If you already own the game and all it's DLC's (dragonborn, hearthfires and dawnguard) on PC then the download will be free, essentally it is a new 64 bit exe and better graphics but not that much else and has already come in for a lot of stick as there are so many mod's that already add most of the features they are putting into the re-release such as God Rays already added by ENB's, Basically it is an updated version of the game aimed at the newer consoles, X-box one and Playstation 4 but also shared with the PC community whom have been crying out for a more stable 64 bit exe for a while now.
Should handle mod's better, less memory issue's and faster loading time's as well as hopefully a better frame rate.

It is a great game but like most RPG's in the Elder Scroll's franchise and other's it lack's real AI and interaction is limited.

If you have patience then check out the Skyrim STEP project

www.nexusmods.com...

There are many guides though on modding your skyrim such as this very recent one which is a WIP but looks' to be good.
www.nexusmods.com...

Here is the video showing a comparison between the new 64 bit skyrim remastered and the older game.
Jump to the 3.17 mark.

Personally I look forward to downloading the new exe as I may get some frame rates at last but then I do have 255 mod's active an my skyrim is using Soolies tropical so look's like the Amazon gone wrong (got sick of the snow so turned it into a jungle), have'nt played it for a while though being a RTS fan more than RPG.

Once again it Will be FREE if you own the Game and all it's DLC on PC already (not for console's and the remastered game is not release on the X-box 360 or playstation 3, only on the PC, X-box one and Playstation 4).
store.steampowered.com...

edit on 18-6-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Yeah, I'm stoked. I will gladly pay again for this on my Xbone. I have put an illogical amount of hours on this game on both my PS3 and my PC. My PC just isn't up to par enough to get heavy with the beautification mods.

I prefer to play in a console environment over a PC anyway. Games tend to be more stable on console, although with the addition of mods on Fallout 4 on my Xbox, I have experienced quite of few crashes with incompatible mods. It's been a bit of a learning curve on the Xbox.

My favorite aspect of these games is that it seems no matter how many times you play or hours you put into them, it always seems like you encounter something new, something different depending on how your playing through at that time.

Can't wait for TESVI.

edit on 6 18 2016 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unresponsible

Okay, fine Bethesda, I'll buy a third copy of Skyrim.

3rd ? Must have missed one. Right now , Beth is saying they are going to provide the new one to PC owner's for free.

edit on 6/18/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Skyrim remastered

Morrowind remastered

Wrong one Bethesda.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I feel that too, it was a total fantasy escape but has dated very badly, still have a look at Skywind, it is a mod that is in production (seem's like forever though) that aim's to bring Morrowind to the skyrim engine with updated graphic's and model's.

www.youtube.com...

And there is another mod that seem's to be taking forever of even bigger scope that seek's to add all of Tamriel to the game called Beyond Skyrim.
beyondskyrim.org...

I hold our far more hope of Skywind as it has now got Valve's blessing as well and is often featured on the skyrim News section but it is still a long way's off and will be a huge download when it is done but for those of us that loved Morrowind back when it will be a great and welcome return of an old friend.

Did you ever play Quarls underground mod, cringe worthy part's but still one of the best ever Morrowind mod's, sadly the original (and very buggy cant remember how much I spent fixing it with TES tool and getting it to play nicely with other mid's using the construction set) mod has long vanished from the net and it's creator (the original quarl modder from morrowind whom stepped on some toes using other modders creations - but with real style) has also passed away.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Not really excited about this as with my PC all the mods I have make the game look even better than what they are showing in their "re-mastered" version.

For me it's about content.

So I'll get more excited when they release TESVI.

In the mean time: I'm waiting with baited breath for Mass Effect: Andromeda to come out!

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
About time the console peasants caught up.

Play with mods you say, how ground breaking.

Seriously? Are you a 12 year old kid?

I thought ATS was a mature forum, you just proved us wrong.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
In the mean time: I'm waiting with baited breath for Mass Effect: Andromeda to come out!

YES!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Stop living in the past Bro.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join