It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I propose a ban on the sale and manufacture of matches

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Yeah, that's right. I propose we ban all matches because they light too damn many fires. How many fires have resulted in deaths of Americans. Enough is enough. Sure, you may need a match to light a campfire, but hey, that match could light a forest fire. Sure, you may need to light the pilot on your stove, but that match could burn down your whole damn house. No more. We need "Matches Control" because matches burn things, not people, they don't burn things, only matches do.

End sarcasm.

Folks, guns don't kill people just as matches don't kill people. People who want a gun will still get a gun just like people who want heroin will still get heroin. Or just like 15-year olds want to get drunk, they will get drunk. When a person wants something, they will get it. We humans are pretty efficient that way.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I really think we need to focus on banning all forms of transportation.

Transportation kills thousands of people every year unnecessarily. When will America wake up and realize how careless it is to allow people to leave their house? Transporting ourselves across distances is extremely dangerous and has no place in modern society.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
Yeah, that's right. I propose we ban all matches because they light too damn many fires. How many fires have resulted in deaths of Americans. Enough is enough. Sure, you may need a match to light a campfire, but hey, that match could light a forest fire. Sure, you may need to light the pilot on your stove, but that match could burn down your whole damn house. No more. We need "Matches Control" because matches burn things, not people, they don't burn things, only matches do.

End sarcasm.

Folks, guns don't kill people just as matches don't kill people. People who want a gun will still get a gun just like people who want heroin will still get heroin. Or just like 15-year olds want to get drunk, they will get drunk. When a person wants something, they will get it. We humans are pretty efficient that way.

Yeah and alcohol too!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: VivreLibre
I really think we need to focus on banning all forms of transportation.

Transportation kills thousands of people every year unnecessarily. When will America wake up and realize how careless it is to allow people to leave their house? Transporting ourselves across distances is extremely dangerous and has no place in modern society.

Pretty soon we'll have to ban ourselves from ourselves.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
You are both crazy! I keep my guns locked in a safe because they are dangerous as hell. Could you imagine what could happen if I let them out to play one night as I slept? I just might wake up dead

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper
And dont forget those evil showers and tubs. They still injure and kill a relatively high amount of civilians a year.
Ban em Danno

Uhh, wait. Second thoughts . Dont know if I could live in that world.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
We need to ban doctors while we're at it. They kill 440,000 people a year with their careless malpractice! Yeah! Ban 'em.
edit on 15-6-2016 by queenofswords because: correction on statistic

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Those are nice.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Real beauts!

link   
The only thing that we can't ban because it's never been proven to kill anyone is cannabis.

but, we're going to need those matches too.

edit on 15-6-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Those are nice.

The big one hurts to shoot. Its a 50 Mag

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I propose an omnicide of humanity. That way, there won't be anyone left to harm anyone with anything!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Please remove that offensive picture

This image is triggering and you're giving me PTSD

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: VivreLibre

Actually, I'd be for banning powered, private transportation vehicles by 2035. As for guns, I just don't see a reason to own them and wonder what neighborhoods people find their selves living in where they feel the need for them. I don't live in a neighborhood where I feel the need to own a gun.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: VivreLibre

Actually, I'd be for banning powered, private transportation vehicles by 2035. As for guns, I just don't see a reason to own them and wonder what neighborhoods people find their selves living in where they feel the need for them. I don't live in a neighborhood where I feel the need to own a gun.

I don't see a need for abortion either as I will never have one.

Abortions kill people. Let's ban 'em.

Also, I don't drink or smoke so lets ban 'em...I don't see the need for them so you can't have them either. Logic fail?
edit on 2016/6/15 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I think an immediate ban would be harmful.

It needs to be in steps.

Licensing with background checks is first.

Then taxes on the items and taxes on advertising.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

That picture needs to be enhanced with snowflakes !!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I think an immediate ban would be harmful.

It needs to be in steps.

Licensing with background checks is first.

Then taxes on the items and taxes on advertising.

Yes. Nudge by nudge.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

That picture needs to be enhanced with snowflakes !!!!

Im always very careful how I make requests to the guns. I said this was a beauty pagent pic for pertiest pistol Magazine, so they gladly posed. If I told them the truth, they probably would have shot me, or at least had me dancing

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join